Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

10 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

We have been wanting  to try a TA.  I am hoping the hoops you have to jump through to travel overseas are gone soon.  We thought doing a TA on the way back would be a great way to adjust back to the time differences.

Me as well.  Our first TA was supposed to be last year...which of course was cancelled.  Had rebooked for this Fall.

Happy though, with the ship change from Allure to Wonder...and even more perfect...ending just 20 minutes from my house in PC!!  No return flights to deal with!!  

Agree about choosing the west bound TA for the same reason.  🙂 

• Like 1

On 11/7/2021 at 10:45 PM, singinalot said:

...17 year old teenage girl drama (enough said on that one)...

You have a step/daughter? I remember you mentioning a stepson.

18 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Went with two. Across hall from each other

Ear plugs would be cheaper. 😀

42 minutes ago, island lady said:

When did Mike put the order in?   We are assuming it will be months before Bucky sees one, once he finally commits to getting one.  

He put it in on August 29th. It shows it should be in the third week of November.

Edited by ReneeFLL
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, jagsfan said:

Well, surgery postponed till tomorrow!

I was given a choice, stay at the hospital since I was already prepped, or go back tomorrow morning. I opted to come home, so I could be comfortable. 
Liquid diet today, and start over tomorrow. 
The reason? This makes me look dumb, but no one mentioned bowel cleansing, and I never thought of it. 
It was the failure of my surgeon’s office staff. Big apologies and he’s going to operate on his normal office day. 

So sorry for the delay.  Truly a shame they didnt mention a very important detail of the prep process.  Not your fault in anyway.  

You are going to be just fine🥰   🙏

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, OnTheJourney said:

What did you see in PA?  

We toured Philadelphia,then went to Lancaster and spent a day there .Then to Bethlem,Harrisburg and Pittsburg.

One of my nephews married a woman from Bucks County .We have been there many times for parties.The last time we were in PA was for the Philadelphia Flower show a few years ago.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Our two cabin layout is around 30 grand less than a JS

That makes sense. 

3 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

We toured Philadelphia,then went to Lancaster and spent a day there .Then to Bethlem,Harrisburg and Pittsburg.

One of my nephews married a woman from Bucks County .We have been there many times for parties.The last time we were in PA was for the Philadelphia Flower show a few years ago.

We went to the flower show a couple of times when we lived near Philly. Absolutely beautiful.

On 11/8/2021 at 11:49 AM, island lady said:

The crappy first class service on AA was Orlando to Bangor Maine and back.  

The good Delta first class service was this last trip from Orlando to Spokane WA.  I assume will be repeat of the same on our return flight on Friday this week.  

I did the offered survey for AA...and stated "Would it kill American Airlines to offer boxed sandwiches in first class?".   Charging high prices, all seats filled...and making out $$ on the lack of service. 

Mike said there is a cut off time for flights if they are going to serve a meal or not. When I was with Pan Am we would serve meals from Miami to NYC and that would be about the same time. I know things have changed but geesh no meal in first class is crazy. I'd be upset with what they cost. I hope you complained to AA about it maybe on FB or something. Airlines have gone down big time. 

• Like 3

A week ago Monday we got our booster shots, Friday did our first home test (we were using CVS) and got on the Oasis on Sunday. It's our first time on the Oasis. Yesterday was Coco Cay, tomorrow is St. Thomas and then St. Martin. Mike was talking to another pilot when they were flying and the conversation turned to cruising. Turns out he and his husband are on here also. Will be meeting them in the diamond lounge tonight. 🥂

• Like 12

5 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

Mike said there is a cut off time for flights if they are going to serve a meal or not. When I was with Pan Am we would serve meals from Miami to NYC and that would be about the same time. I know things have changed but geesh no meal in first class is crazy. I'd be upset with what they cost. I hope you complained to AA about it maybe on FB or something. Airlines have gone down big time. 

Yes, I stated my feelings on their survey they sent us.  

Worst thing was the 1st leg flight getting in an hour late to connect in Philly...we literally had to run to make it to the gate in time.  No chance to grab anything to eat for our much longer 2nd  leg.  It was indeed over 3 hours and right during normally served dinner time.  

Just those crappy vending machine snacks...and limited beverages.  😣

Delta doing a much better job.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

A week ago Monday we got our booster shots, Friday did our first home test (we were using CVS) and got on the Oasis on Sunday. It's our first time on the Oasis. Yesterday was Coco Cay, tomorrow is St. Thomas and then St. Martin. Mike was talking to another pilot when they were flying and the conversation turned to cruising. Turns out he and his husband are on here also. Will be meeting them in the diamond lounge tonight. 🥂

Nice!!!   Sounds like you are already having a perfect cruise!!  🙂 

Hope you have a fantabulous time!  

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

Oasis is a amazing ship

18 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

I am fine as long as they keep giving me either Bloody Mary’s or scotch on the rocks , if your drinking you don’t need to wear a mask . We fly to ft Lauderdale in a few weeks for our allure cruise. 

• Like 4