Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, xpcdoojk said:

It was mid 30 knots Tuesday when I played.  I would like to blame the wind on my score, but I was not very good.  Second round this year.  First round without pain, as I got a script for Voltaren and Celebrex.  It was nice to not have pain.  It sucked having a bad golf swing.  

There's a lot you can do to relief pain.  There's also a lot that you can try to do about a bad golf swing (lessons, YouTube videos, new golf clubs) but I've found that none of that really helps.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Good luck with your tests today.   Hopefully results are negative and arrive much sooner than previous tests😍

Thank you, Debbie.  We were able to do the Happy Dance today, and way much sooner than last time!  All 4 of our had our results within the hour!

Shame on that woman with regard to the Canadian Club shortage.  Some people have to grow up!  I feel badly for the poor crew members that have to put up with people like that.

I saw on FB that my cousin was on your Anthem cruise last week, playing the Wheel of Fortune with a group onboard.😊

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I tried an experiment with it to see just how smooth I could get the ice.  Looks like the grandkids will be enjoying snow cones.

DCEFB534-B531-4DC4-92F0-FA406E82EF67.thumb.jpeg.7f4aca3fedda7052642134a7fd2f9cfd.jpeg

Gee, John, as if the kids didn't already have one of the "coolest" grand dads out there already!!!  They are going to love it!!!!

• Like 4

3 hours ago, xpcdoojk said:

It was mid 30 knots Tuesday when I played.  I would like to blame the wind on my score, but I was not very good.  Second round this year.  First round without pain, as I got a script for Voltaren and Celebrex.  It was nice to not have pain.  It sucked having a bad golf swing.  

You are taking both Voltaren and Celebrex?

5 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Great that it worked.  That is the converter that I use/suggest when someone post a .mov from an iPhone and the android phone can’t play them.  You might want to bookmark the sight.  When I looked at the sight today I couldn’t verify that the WMA files would convert but thought they would.  
‘Before you go on your next cruise you might want to check what the High efficiency pictures option is set on.  You can find it under camera settings-Picture formats.  Although it says it saves space, it also notes that some apps and websites don’t support HEIF pictures.  I still think that is why Debbie had problems posting pictures.   Also under the same area there is an option to save raw copies.  If that is on you will be saving both RAW and JPEG pics.  I have mine off.  If I get back to using Lightroom/Photoshop I might turn on RAW but for now I think the JPEG pics are great.

Thanks for the camera suggestions. I need to start playing with it as the cruise is 22 days away. I am usedto taking JPEG photos. Occasionally I would take RAW photos with my Cannon camera. I take it the 50 mega pix camera in this S22 will take up more storage space and take longer to upload to Cruise Critic than the pics taken with my S8 (12 MP camera)?

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I take Celebrex and then use Rosemary Oil instead of Voltaren.  I tried Voltaren but it didn't do much for the cost.  I find that the Celebrex helps my knees and the Rosemary Oil helps my hands.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, xpcdoojk said:

Time to start the Flow Rider build?

Still think Blue Devils and Tar Heels was the way to go............How many times are you ever going to get a chance to see North Carolina playing Duke in a Final Four Game and In New Orleans, not like the game was going to be Indianapolis or somewhere like that.

Nice rooms in Nola are only $350 a night, not bad at all right in the French Quarter.

Just now, Ozark_Kid said:

We have been without electricity for over 2 hours now.  My ipad is at 15%.  Phone is still charged. I may have to drive around town to get stuff charged up. 🤔 

When will it be restored? Our electric company has link on the computer/phone where you can check when it will come back on.

Just now, Jimbo said:

When will it be restored? Our electric company has link on the computer/phone where you can check when it will come back on.

They said it would be on about 15 minutes ago but nothing yet.  We read there was a bad wreck not far from here and really tore up a telephone pole.  In our neighborhood all wires are underground so when they went out I figured it was a wreck out on the main road.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

My day today.This morning I went to the funeral for my neighbor who passed away Tuesday.The funeral parlor was nearly full.Only 4 people wore masks.

This afternoon I had the second shingles vaccination.

Sorry for the loss of your friend😪

• Like 1

We are having some bad news going.  My SIL (Kenzie's dad) was admitted to a hospital yesterday for double pneumonia.   She has been in and out of ICU.  A couple of hours ago she was put back into the ICU and considering putting her on  ventilator.   They are asking for prayers. 

• Like 9

2 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

There's a lot you can do to relief pain.  There's also a lot that you can try to do about a bad golf swing (lessons, YouTube videos, new golf clubs) but I've found that none of that really helps.

Yeah, I have tried most of those.  When I was young, I learned to play golf with a ladies 7 iron hitting balls along the lake front at the lake house.  When I was a bit older, I hit all of those balls with a driver into the lake off a point.  Later after I got married and on the day Ronald Reagan was shot we went down to the lake house, and I got my fishing rod and waders out (around the first of April) and waded out and caught a pile of fish, and as I was walking in the lake with my waders on, I kept stepping on balls, so I put them in my waders, while catching a pile of fish.  When I got out of the water and went back to the house with a couple of fish for dinner (White Bass were running big time), I dumped the golf balls in the drive.  We watched Indiana beat my Tarheels in the Final Four (Isaiah Thomas), that summer we moved to Chapel Hill I went to the Economics department at UNC in the doctoral process, and life was never the simple same.  At that time I was about an 8 handicap.  

While in Gradual School, I played rarely.  The UNC course, was recently redesigned by Jack Nicklaus because his son was on the UNC golf team along with Davis Love.  I became friends with the golf coaches at Duke thru my bowling skills (a sport I was actually very good at), and I was given Carte Blanche to play the Robert Trent Jones Duke course paying about 10 bucks to play anytime they had times available.  Still didn’t play much for a long time.  

Moved back home and was still borderline single digit handicap.  Then working full time at the bottom of the food chain.  I didn’t play enough to have a handicap.  Moved up the food chain played more golf and was a 12 for years.  Then about 12 years ago got promoted to boss of the company I work for, and upgraded club, and I have ranged between 15 and 18 as a handicap ever since.  I used to hit it 300 from the tee on my good days, now 250-260.  My 3 wood and my 3 hybrid both only go about 220.  I am still pretty long with my irons, 8 iron is about 155.  That said the club I belong to is a beast, Payne Stewarts dad was the pro back in the day.  I shot 97 I only had one par on the front nine and 3 on the back I hit back to back balls out of bounds off the tee on number 7.  Massive hook.  One of the reasons I went from a 12 to a super high handicap, was I always hit a draw that sometimes was a hook.  To, score at the new course, you have to be able to hit a fade, I spent two years learning how to make the ball move right.  When I am in the groove, I can play that nice fade, but it is so long, I am rarely hitting a wedge into the par fours, and I can’t reach any of the Par 5s in two.  So….. it is hard.  Still love playing, but it is hard.

I know TMI

jc

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

Mostly, the Volteran.  I went to orthopedic surgeon that my wife works with a lot with her work comp cases.  He is a member of my club and he gave me those scripts last week.  I have taken maybe 4 celebrex total. I do use the cream in the morning and before I go to bed.  I am now able to throw a ball over hand like a boy to play fetch with the puppy.

Since, you asked the question, I sense that you are concerned…. So what drug trip am I on and how do I keep it a good one?  I have slept the best I have for months.  

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, Keksie said:

I take Celebrex and then use Rosemary Oil instead of Voltaren.  I tried Voltaren but it didn't do much for the cost.  I find that the Celebrex helps my knees and the Rosemary Oil helps my hands.

I am taking the generic of both. fyi

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Still think Blue Devils and Tar Heels was the way to go............How many times are you ever going to get a chance to see North Carolina playing Duke in a Final Four Game and In New Orleans, not like the game was going to be Indianapolis or somewhere like that.

Nice rooms in Nola are only $350 a night, not bad at all right in the French Quarter.

None of those were listing Sunday / Monday.  The only way you could get any room was to book 4 nights when I was looking and I was looking hard.

12 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

We are having some bad news going.  My SIL (Kenzie's dad) was admitted to a hospital yesterday for double pneumonia.   She has been in and out of ICU.  A couple of hours ago she was put back into the ICU and considering putting her on  ventilator.   They are asking for prayers. 

I am very sorry to hear that, but I don't quite understand the relationship? Son in law? Sister in Law? I hope it's not Kenzie's dad. 🙏

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, xpcdoojk said:

Mostly, the Volteran.  I went to orthopedic surgeon that my wife works with a lot with her work comp cases.  He is a member of my club and he gave me those scripts last week.  I have taken maybe 4 celebrex total. I do use the cream in the morning and before I go to bed.  I am now able to throw a ball over hand like a boy to play fetch with the puppy.

Since, you asked the question, I sense that you are concerned…. So what drug trip am I on and how do I keep it a good one?  I have slept the best I have for months.  

If you are using the Voltaren topically (you did not specify pills or cream) then I have no issue at all. Taking boths meds internally could be problematic.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Coralc said:

I am very sorry to hear that, but I don't quite understand the relationship? Son in law? Sister in Law? I hope it's not Kenzie's dad. 🙏

I couldn't edit.  It's his sister. Kenzie's dad's sister.  She is about 36.

Edited by Ozark_Kid
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Definitely topically.  Just the cream, rubbed on my right elbow and shoulder.  

I took the pill the first night, and my arm and shoulder woke me up just like without the pill.  The next night with the cream, and the pill, it was a blissful night, I woke up thinking my arm should be hurting, and I was amazed it wasn’t.  Since then I have weaned myself off the pill.  Can’t tell any difference at night.  I did take one when I played golf Tuesday with food pre-golf. 

JC

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Thank you, Debbie.  We were able to do the Happy Dance today, and way much sooner than last time!  All 4 of our had our results within the hour!

Shame on that woman with regard to the Canadian Club shortage.  Some people have to grow up!  I feel badly for the poor crew members that have to put up with people like that.

Excellent!!   I hope the 4 of you have a wonderful cruise with smooth sailing and beautiful weather.🥰

We have been very fortunate with such nice weather these past 2 weeks.   We have 2 sea days back to bayonne.  Tomorrow will be our last warm sunny day.   

Yes, it is difficult to watch people fuss over the stupid stuff.   Especially when there are much better options.   

We continue to be spoiled by the Head Waiter.   He told us to expect another surprise Friday night..   We did discreetly give him a nice tip last weekend.    

We ate at Wonderland for Eric's Birthday today.   We both really enjoyed the food and the presentation.   Lots of fun!

Edited by Sunshine3601
  • Like 8

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

Thanks for the camera suggestions. I need to start playing with it as the cruise is 22 days away. I am usedto taking JPEG photos. Occasionally I would take RAW photos with my Cannon camera. I take it the 50 mega pix camera in this S22 will take up more storage space and take longer to upload to Cruise Critic than the pics taken with my S8 (12 MP camera)?

I'm not familiar with the S22 as I’m a iPhone guy but you should be able to shoot both raw (higher file size and full resolution) and JPEG (smaller file size) which would be easier to upload. I send my raw files to the cloud and keep the jpegs on my phone.

42 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

We have been without electricity for over 2 hours now.  My ipad is at 15%.  Phone is still charged. I may have to drive around town to get stuff charged up. 🤔 

So sorry you are having to deal with that. Hopefully power will be restored soon.

29 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I will keep positive thoughts for her for and a full recovery. I am thinking of you and your family.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

We ate at Wonderland for Eric's Birthday today.   We both really enjoyed the food and the presentation.   Lots of fun!

Wonderland is turning into a favorite of mine.  Did they have a madhatter roaming around the room. Symphony was the first time we tried it and there was a Madhatter.   There was no Madhatter on Harmony. 

• Like 2