Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

8 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Happy Birthday Lenny.  I know you will have a wonderful and memorable day today with your family and many friends to help you celebrate.

Keep on walking around your neighborhood with your walker, and you just may be celebrating your 80th while on a Cruise.  Mazel Tov, Lenny!❤️

Thanks very much ,MaryAnn .It was a wonderful party.I told my daughters to state no gifts please on the invitations.Well,I came home with 3 shopping bags filled with wonderful gifts.

My daughter invited a neighbor of her who I have known nearly 20 years.She came with her family .He son is with our local Fire Department.

The husband of one of my cousins who was a Fireman for many years and the young man had a great conversation.

• Like 6

8 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Anytime our store gets Buffalo Trace it's gone within minutes.

I need to try the Peach Crown. I've tried the Apple and did not care for it.

Thank you.  I downloaded the app and looked through the shows on the Hungry Channel but did not find the particular show on cocktails.

I'm such an idiot ! In all my haste to attend to my guests and make sure the food was ready and making cocktails, I did not take any photos. Darn it ! I will recap. 

6 of us in total. two were coworkers I worked with longtime reporters. We started with cocktails. The ladies had Passion Aperol Spritz's while the guys had Old Fashioned's. I made the Sea Dog Old fashioned which they loved. Then we had Vieux Carre's.

Dinner turned out better than I expected with Filet Mignon, Twice Baked Potatoes, Bacon wrapped Asparagus, with a Greek Orzo Salad and Caprese Salad. 

We then decided to wait a little for desert so we did a bourbon tasting with local bourbon from Ben Holladay from Weston, MO and from Iowa where by two coworkers are from Slipknot's Anniversary Edition Bourbon from Cedar Ridge. Then we tasted the pride of Kentucky with E.H Taylor Small Batch and finally Rip Van Winkle 10 Yr.

Then it was time for desert with a chocolate bomb cake that has layers of chocolate mousse and chocolate ganache with a chocolate martini.

It was a great time with great friends and the food turned out great. I'm so sorry I did not take pictures. I focused on my guests to make sure they were having a good time. Today I'm wiped out. I'm exhausted from cooking all day yesterday and cleaning. Good news is that I still have some extra twice baked potatoes and the bomb cake to eat as leftovers.

Mimi so sorry to hear about your friend. I hope she will get better through rehab. 

Happy Anniversary! I love the pic of you two. You look beautiful.

Since I celebrate Christmas in July, I watch some of new Hallmark Christmas movies as well as work on my Christmas music compilation that I make every year for friends at Christmas time. I'll make sure to post a link as it gets near the holidays for people to download and listen to some great Christmas music they may of not heard before.

Happiest of Birthdays wished to you Lenny today! Cheers!!

It was a fantastic party .I had a wonderful day,Greg.Thank you.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

Thanks very much ,MaryAnn .It was a wonderful party.I told my daughters to state no gifts please on the invitations.Well,I came home with 3 shopping bags filled with wonderful gifts.

My daughter invited a neighbor of her who I have known nearly 20 years.She came with her family .He son is with our local Fire Department.

The husband of one of my cousins who was a Fireman for many years and the young man had a great conversation.

Sounds like a wonderful day😍  happy you were able to get out and socialize with all your family and good friends.

10 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Sounds like a wonderful day😍  happy you were able to get out and socialize with all your family and good friends.

My daughter who slept over last night put the walker/chair in the back seat of our car.My son in law took it out when we arrived at the party house.He carried it up the stairs .I was originally planning to sit on the deck but it was too hot so I went inside where most of the people were.A few hours later I went out on the deck.There was a nice breeze.

The food was catered and was delicious as was the desserts .

• Like 7

11 hours ago, HBE4 said:

@lenquixote66

Happy 79th birthday. Hope you have a great day with 79 of your closest friends and family.  

Hoping for good news when you visit your cardiologist tomorrow. 

One of my friends who was there has a son who works for a Sports Collectibles company.My friend gave me the gift of an autographed photo of an Olympic Boxer.I am not really into Boxing but my father had a friend who was a pro boxer and my father often took me to boxing matched.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

Enjoy your day Lenny!

we had two wasp nests last week.  They just appeared, it was amazing.  They are now gone.

Interesting to see the detail in them, but we really did not want them near the house😳

Thanks,Marietta.It was a wonderful day.Long time friends ,relatives,neighbors and my 2 grand dogs,what could be better.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Add me to the long list wishing you a happy birthday Lenny!  I wish you many happy returns.

Thanks,Bob It was a great day.We even discussed Cruising A friend of mine went on his very first cruise last year and told me they are doing a family cruise next year on the Anthem. He thanked me for convincing him to try cruising

• Like 3

7 hours ago, AnyWayIsGood said:

Eat the meal, come back with nothing to clean up and THEN truly have the time to talk and relax. I know it's not the same experience and especially hard with very young children involved to consider going out.

But leftovers are the best part! Especially leftover turkey.

I am firmly in the non-paper plates camp. Although if someone was kind enough to invite me over, and served some of the food that has been pictured in the last several pages, paper is fine!

• Like 4

2 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Lisa and I are celebrating our 18 Anniversary today. We decided to go to the Keg, a steak house. 

I had lobster gratinée for my app. The bread is for dipping into the garlic butter.

D0742F27-6BFF-467E-8AB9-C8906B996855.thumb.jpeg.c09b74ff819ad88903be037588681f0f.jpeg

7E270055-7111-4ADA-B036-FEF22E7AC82D.thumb.jpeg.1f2f9c1bc610e32bbd648a3af78c888e.jpeg

Lisa had a Caesar Salad.

2E256BDE-6F43-41B7-84E3-06763DEF9DCD.thumb.jpeg.85ad6ff48e44122f39863d56a9192926.jpeg

We each got the 20oz Rib eye. I had garlic mashed and Lisa had the twice baked potato.  We also had  deep fried broccoli and mushrooms. 

4E06513A-5CBC-4188-9176-597096FCA8B6.thumb.jpeg.8c3246b8401c00ced88a387c64c028a5.jpeg

Happy Anniversary Andrew

• Like 1

2 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Lisa and I are celebrating our 18 Anniversary today. We decided to go to the Keg, a steak house. 

Happy Anniversary to you and Lisa. That food looks amazing. 20oz Ribeye now we are talking.

2 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

We (the Royal we 😁) were trying earlier today to decide what to make for dinner.  One of our go-to meals is linguine with white clam sauce.  Since Micheline recently found our pasta maker, we decided to make fresh pasta.  

I've always wanted to try that. I had a friend who made her own pasta. What a difference in taste it made. It was incredible. That dish looks so good.

1 hour ago, AnyWayIsGood said:

Drummers were another story - they are a different breed entirely. Went to the local bowling alley to shoot pool once in a while too. 

Bring on the bachelor apartment stories!!!! I have more than taken up my share of cyberspace on this forum for the present. 

Being a drummer/percussionist my whole life I would say we are a different breed but for the better. Most people can't do 4-way coordination/syncopation. We think different.

As a bachelor in two different apartments for seven years apiece. I can honestly say the stove on each was never turned on. I ate out every meal. I basically had beer in the fridge. That's all.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, AnyWayIsGood said:

LOL!   My grandfather once gutted one of those big old, heavy console TVs and converted it into a liquor cabinet 😁 Worked great. 

I made a bench out of ours.

It was exhilarating 😁

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

My friend who lived on Grand T.told me today that her parents did not want her to go to Seward Park and sent her to a Yeshiva.

Lenny, so glad you were able to enjoy your wonderful birthday party.

Your friend probably went to Bais Ya'acov.  Maybe ESHI-East Side Hebrew Institute. All the Lower East Side girls went there.  Tough to go there if not observant.

14 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

Thanks,Andrew

This thread would be 20% shorter if we just used the thanks, like, and laugh buttons.😉

I know they don't always work, but that's the exception 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 3

11 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Being a drummer/percussionist my whole life I would say we are a different breed but for the better. Most people can't do 4-way coordination/syncopation. We think different.

LOL...no criticism meant in any way! I was referring mostly to beginning drummers - 4th and 5th graders. I could almost tell which kids were going to sign up to play the drum. They had a different aura about them somehow. Also, most elementary drummers only knew one dynamic level - forte. Tell 'em to play with a pad and they were pretty bummed out. Can't blame 'em. I didn't have much choice though when there were like 20 of them in the back of the band, especially playing next to the cinderblock wall at the rear of the stage!  Sounded like cannon fire bouncing off that rear wall. 

I  know what you mean about the required coordination. I'm an organist, and so both hands and both feet are doing different things. 

Edited by AnyWayIsGood
  • Like 2