Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, molly361 said:

I hope I am not oversharing😇but I also use Bounty paper towels (you can see in the pic I posted of the plates) instead of napkins.   WHEW I feel better not that I have totally outed myself

You're better than me, I use Costco paper towels.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

3 hours ago, derorim said:

I decided it was worthy of a tea party with my granddaughter,

That sounds cool.  One of our granddaughters loves to have an occasional tea party. Her and Shashey pour tea and talk with a British accent.  When we were tendering on our Alaska cruise we were sitting next to a couple ladies from England.   We told them about Aubrey so they had Sharon record them and they told Aubrey,  with their British accent,  that they would love to meet her and have a cup of tea with her.  It was so sweet of them.

• Like 7

Paper/Plastic plates vs China. 

I prefer China. It's not fine china but whatever someone gave us. Probably whatever was on sale from Macy's or Kohls or some other big dept store.

The reason I prefer China is that if I use Paper/Plastic, it takes too long to fill up the dishwasher which will begin to smell after a bit (I know, over sharing again).  Only use plastic at outdoor picnics.

Plus, I feel like I'm being environmentally friendly by not using disposable paper plates. Although some tell me the amount of water & electricty a dishwasher uses is not environmentally friendly either.  I always heard a dishwasher uses less water than hand washing but then again, that's the dishwasher manufactures say that so.....

• Like 3

1 hour ago, molly361 said:

I hope I am not oversharing😇but I also use Bounty paper towels (you can see in the pic I posted of the plates) instead of napkins.   WHEW I feel better not that I have totally outed myself

Not oversharing at all.  I think everyone should use Bounty paper towels instead of napkins. 

Disclaimer...I still have a large financial stake in Bounty. 😁

And over is the only answer.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

That's interesting. I had no idea that feature existed in new cars? What cars have that? Hybrids?

Our Highlander, which is not Hybrid,  has the turn-off feature but I have never noticed it keeping up with how long it is stopped. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

And over is the only answer.

I think I saw a patent drawing with it in the over position, so that should definitely be the correct position.

That is, unless you have a cat or toddlers

63196381-04B7-4217-8A7B-3C67ECEB5FBC.jpeg.219c9f0aa41b199204cf83659a253b95.jpeg

That’s my boy!  39 years ago. 🤣

Edited by h20skibum
  • Like 7
  • Haha 14

For multi-quotes on a phone, I learned something new today.  

Before, if I wanted to only quote a portion in each post, I was using the + beside the quote, then going in and deleting the extra portions.

I found that if you just press the and hold the start of the section you want to quote, and highlight the area and select the quote that pops up, you can then move to the next post you want to quote a portion of, and repeat, it will quote both with a space between to type your comment.

I may never use the + button again.  It is much easier on a computer with a mouse, but I only use mine for maybe 1 out of 100 posts.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

I found that if you just press the and hold the start of the section you want to quote, and highlight the area and select the quote that pops up, you can then move to the next post you want to quote a portion of, and repeat, it will quote both with a space between to type your comment.

That's how I always do when quoting just a portion of a post. Like now. 👍

Much easier on computer with mouse. I have a hard time on my phone with my fat, fumble fingers. 😁

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

Just a thought but I think sometimes we take comments the wrong way not how they are meant.

Typing our thoughts on these boards can get messed up.  I really don’t think any of us mean any harm! Hope not anyway 🤞

I have no idea what the comment means other than one thing and gave him a chance to explain and he chose to laugh, along with his boys club.  No worries, just not surprised at all.

• Like 1

I have missed out on all the paper plate talk.  It depends what we are eating.  We use them often.

We usually use regular plates when all the family is together.   What is nice is that almost every time the SILs cleans off the plates and gets the dishwasher filled up.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

I'm amazed that I actually knew this and have used it when using my tablet to post. It's pretty useful  at times.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Because of things out of our control unfortunately Pauline and I are not going on Bella's cruise and had to change to a different date.

Graham.

Sorry to hear you had to cancel. Amelia & I were really looking forward to meeting You & Pauline.

57 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

I think I saw a patent drawing with it in the over position, so that should definitely be the correct position.

I saw that patent drawing also. I believe it was issued around 1897.

Edited by cruisingpeople
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

@Sunshine3601 I hate to hear that the AC is having problems.   I hope it is not a big deal and can be fixed.  The neighbors are having problems with their AC.  They are planning to replace it but in the mean time they are trying this.

image.thumb.png.29addf89731211ba9b88137a5d446f08.png

I offered them to spend time at our house to escape the heat.  She said,  how about we send the kids over.....

The forcast is looking better.   103⁰ forcast for tomorrow then after that no more 100⁰ weather forecasted!  Also a bunch of rain!  Saturday it is forecasted to be 82⁰!  Looks like winter is arriving. 

We were talking cucumbers last week.  I mentioned my plants were growing but not producing.   Look what I found.   They are very small but it is hope.

image.thumb.png.7c123654f645ca51026e72658063bfad.png

image.thumb.png.7c6b7a4478236dfc8a2c18bad36d921d.png

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

30 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

That's how I always do when quoting just a portion of a post. Like now. 👍

Wow I learned something new today!

• Like 1