Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

Just now, molly361 said:

I hope I am not oversharing😇but I also use Bounty paper towels (you can see in the pic I posted of the plates) instead of napkins.   WHEW I feel better not that I have totally outed myself

You are only oversharing if you start talking about toilet paper brand. 😱😁

• Haha 12

27 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Pretty sure I said it's possible a few times. 

Just not easy for someone with manual dexterity issues. 

Really regret saying anything. SMH

Why?

What does SMH mean?

Regards.

Graham.

43 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

I can understand what you are saying John.

In certain circumstances like after my heart attack, holiday etc I answered everyone personally because I appreciated the concern.

I use my Android mobile phone for all my posts and reading posts so it is quick to scroll for me but I can sympathise if it takes much longer on a computer to scroll.

Graham,

I am going to chime in here....I believe you or anyone can post in whatever manner they are comfortable in, plus one, minus one, quote individual, quote multiple....whatever one is comfortable doing. It is nobody's business to point out and nitpick and ridicule. If one does not want to read it, they can just skip it or ignore it. Also the ignore list is a great blessing.....Had to flick drama mamma and some tomatoes here to ignore list per H's suggestion, and life is far peaceful ✌️. Don't worry about others say or how they want you to post or not. You be You. We love you 😍 ❤️ 

Hope you are well and regards to Pauline.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

I am sure Lenny just wanted to give his thanks to each person that took time out to wish him a Happy Birthday.  

Lenny is very respectful.

A nice man.

All the best Lenny.

Graham.

• Like 4

We use paper plates for lunch and we use “ wicker” and plastic “ chargers “ for support .  There are no accidents from collapsing plates. 

My husband has cooked every breakfast, lunch and dinner since 2006 when at home. He took a 2 week break during recovery from knee surgery.  He cleans up 99% of the time . He is not a chef like Dani’s hubby. 

My take is there are a few lonely men on here and this is their contact with people.  Scroll or block if it annoys .  

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Arzeena said:

Graham,

I am going to chime in here....I believe you or anyone can post in whatever manner they are comfortable in, plus one, minus one, quote individual, quote multiple....whatever one is comfortable doing. It is nobody's business to point out and nitpick and ridicule. If one does not want to read it, they can just skip it or ignore it. Also the ignore list is a great blessing.....Had to flick drama mamma and some tomatoes here to ignore list per H's suggestion, and life is far peaceful ✌️. Don't worry about others say or how they want you to post or not. You be You. We love you 😍 ❤️ 

Hope you are well and regards to Pauline.

Thank you Arzeena.

Love to you always from Pauline and myself 💕.

Graham.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, voyager70 said:

Shaking my head

Thank you so much.

Because of things out of our control unfortunately Pauline and I are not going on Bella's cruise and had to change to a different date.

I emailed John a few weeks ago to let him know.

Graham.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

Pretty sure I said it's possible a few times. 

Just not easy for someone with manual dexterity issues. 

Really regret saying anything. SMH

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

The road to Hell is paved with good intentions 😉

I hear ya.

Since there are a few others also offering helpful suggestions on how people should post,  I was going to chime in with a few of my own as well. Three times I wrote a few "helpful hints" but  before hitting the submit button, I read back what I wrote and seemed snobbish & unfriendly.  I thought I would appear rude lecturing someone how they should post . Plus, it's not my place to tell someone what and how they write. Everyone has their own personality and writing style and that's fine.

Really, the only rules needed are the CC rules which are: keeping it clean, no solicitation and no bullying or harassing of a poster no matter how subtle that may be (subtle being the key word). 

Usual disclaimers apply: IMHO and YMMV.  If anyone disagrees, that's fine. My feelings won't be hurt. Life is Good and posting/reading posts here is fun. 🙂

P.S. - none of this is directed at you personally. I was just using your 2 posts as a jumping off point for my rant.

Edited by HBE4
  • Like 7

50 minutes ago, molly361 said:

AND over or under 

37 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

Over! 🧻

Always a big debate in my family. Consensus is Over.

Having said that, I guess I'm bi-TP as I can operate the toilet paper whether it's over or under.  

I hope that's not over-sharing😇😁

Edited by HBE4
  • Like 3
  • Haha 7

2 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

We have two sets of silver, but one is a dinner and lunch set, so that's really two full sets.

Should have sold them in 2011 when silver was around $50. Around $17 now😪

Not much of a market for china

No market at all for china. I was told I'd be lucky to $100 per set

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

So tonight since Jonathan was home and we had leftovers from last night’s Steakpalooza dinner party (which I forgot to take pictures) we decided to do round two.

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_476a.thumb.jpg.8c6b276eed012357c40c87a13e21a8bc.jpg

First off marinating the steaks with my original marinade.

I don’t measure but instead eyeball and feel.

Sea Dogs Steak marinade:

Rub steaks with Kansas City Cowtown Steak rub and Harleys Seasoning 

Melt butter approximately 1TB per side of steak

With couple cloves of garlic 

Pour equal parts

Worcestershire sauce

Teriyaki sauce

Light Soy sauce

Dash of liquid smoke

Season with

Garlic Powder

Onion powder

Sea salt

Pepper

Cool and then pour over steaks then refrigerate.

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_476b.thumb.jpg.806548b7dba140ff70ec40119f13ad9c.jpg

Butter will solidify and make it great for basting.

IMG_5532.thumb.jpg.e6c4fea809cabcca6f0917e281459d8a.jpg

Twice baked potatoes from this recipe. I tweak adding some  Philadelphia Cream Cheese

https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ree-drummond/twice-baked-potatoes-recipe-1925596

IMG_8383.thumb.jpg.d552ddec63e007d02b6d56e803ee7802.jpg

Greek orzo salad from this recipe

https://www.simplyscratch.com/greek-orzo-salad/

Caprese Salad from this recipe.

https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/228126/caprese-salad-with-balsamic-reduction/

Bacon wrapped Asparagus from this recipe

https://www.wellplated.com/bacon-wrapped-asparagus/

In this picture the twice baked reheated does not look as good but it still tasted great.

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_476c.thumb.jpg.f96a44df0d07d22345178722bc131ae1.jpg

Desert is a chocolate bomb cake from our Hy-Vee Bakery. It has layers of chocolate mousse and chocolate ganache.

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_476d.thumb.jpg.184c222e4b7e74c0fb5c7faf38943314.jpg

Sliced with a scoop of Belfonte Chocolate Silk Ice Cream and a dollop of chocolate syrup 

Godiva Chocolate Martini 

https://www.food.com/recipe/godiva-chocolate-martini-219828

Great dinner and our tummy was very happy.

Cheers!

Sea Dog

I would gladly eat everything in your pictures.  They are swoon and salivate worthy!

12 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

Same here and pictures of Jade.

I am sorry he chose to stop posting in here, but I totally understand his mindset.

1 hour ago, dani negreanu said:

Speaking of paper plates... 

Might be a question of mentality.

Here in Israel, it is "not done". Using them is frown upon, like "you don't want to invest in hosting people"?? "The dishwashers were invented a long time ago"...., etc.

They're used, mainly, for b'day parties of little ones, when you're sure that otherwise, many items will be broken.

I also own 3 "festive" sets, but I decided, many years ago, to use a Corning set, which is much more durable, and no heart ache if a piece is broken.

Dani, yes I noticed paper plates are just not used for adults in Israel.  When my Israeli mother-in-law visited us in NY, she was scandalized when I served bbq for quite a few people on paper plates.

My mother on the hand on a different visit told me to serve on paper plates so that I don't have extra work washing dishes, even if using the dishwasher.  I rest my case. 🤣

Edited by BonTexasNY
  • Like 7

3 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Once you've seen The Best Damn Band in the Land perform at Ohio Stadium though, nothing else compares.  😉  Go Bucks!

Being from O H I O I understand what you are saying.  I thought that to until...... I went to a Razorback game and we were playing Texas A&M. I am not an A&M fan but I have to say they were the best, or very close to the best marching band I have ever seen.

The Ohio State marching band brings back great memories.   I can still picture my granddad sitting in the living room listening to their albums.   My uncle was a big supportor of the band.  He was able to get several band members to come to granddad's 100th birthday and play for the party.  So special. 

• Like 5