Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 minute ago, Lionesss said:

Exciting busy day ahead for us.

All our vacation clothes have been washed and those that need ironed, done.

Today organizing and putting together what will go in suitcases.

From toiletries to shoes to bathing suits to documents..........................

This time we are down sizing...................LOL..................last time in May I took sooooo much I never wore.

But the DH, well trying to get him to downsize is kinda painful.............what if you need this...........nope, I guess I am making room for him.

So, if we are COVID negative on Thursday.

Allure, here we come in 7 days.

Exciting!  I'm sure you'll "ace" your tests!  We loved the Allure!

• Like 6

11 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Healing prayers go to Eric.  Hope he isn't in too much pain.

I ditched my wheelchair for most of today. We stayed home and wherever I had to go I used the walker.  It was painful and my steps were labored but I did it! 

I agree with @LuckynanaMaryann: Ice is my new friend.

That's great to hear you are improving everyday, Bonnie.  

For the most part Eric isn't in much pain.  Only when he does something he shouldn't do while the bone heals.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Good morning.  Beautiful day for travel today.  We headed out at 8 this morning to visit our daughter and grands in CT.  It's been a while since seeing them all.

Enjoy your day, everyone!

Have a great time Maryann!

6 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

Exciting busy day ahead for us.

Allure, here we come in 7 days.

Sue I know you will have a great time. I want to sail on Allure some day. I've heard great things about that ship.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Good morning.  Beautiful day for travel today.  We headed out at 8 this morning to visit our daughter and grands in CT.  It's been a while since seeing them all.

Have a wonderful day with your family,MaryAnn.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Have a wonderful day with your family😍

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Have a great time Maryann!

Sue I know you will have a great time. I want to sail on Allure some day. I've heard great things about that ship.

5 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

Have a wonderful day with your family,MaryAnn.

5 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Have a wonderful day with your family😍

Thank you Greg,  Lenny , and Debbie!

Enjoy your day!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, brillohead said:

I know others have posted about this, and I'm NOT looking to "argue" about anything here, but I do want to encourage you to catch a couple episodes of the tv show "Secrets of the Zoo" which there are versions taped in Columbus, OH; Tampa, FL; Asheboro, NC; and Australia.  

I really think that seeing how a modern zoo is built and run will make you feel so much better about the animals that are living in zoos today.  It's like night and day from the zoos of our youth! 

And the effort that the staff go through to make sure everything is as stress-free as possible for the animals is really amazing.  Many of the animals are taught how to come to a specific part of the enclosure indoors so that the staff can do a visual inspection for health purposes, or give them a daily dose of medication if needed, or they even train some to present a hip to the bars so they can be given a sedative injection by hand prior to a veterinary procedure instead of being subjected to being "gunned down" with a tranquilizer dart, which is more stressful for the animal (there are usually bars like a "cage" on the indoor portions that the public never sees, but this is not where the animals spend much of their time, especially after passing quarantine for new animals).

For animals that will need to be transported to another zoo for gene diversity purposes, I've seen them start habituating the animal to their transportation crate months and months in advance -- teaching them to be comfortable within the crate, eating in the crate, etc., so the moving process isn't so stressful for the animal.  

And they truly seem to care about the well-being of the animals. In an episode I watched a bit ago, one of the primates (I think it was a chimpanzee, but I'm not positive) had had a hysterectomy (I think she had a tumor or fibroids that was the reason for needing the operation) a while previous, but they noticed that she was having abdominal discomfort and just not behaving like herself.  They did a physical exam, and it was determined that because she still had her ovaries after her hysterectomy, she was having problems with bloating and such associated with her cycle.  They gave her a birth control implant between her shoulder blades to stop her cycles, and she was back out with her family the same day.  They went through all that effort and cost just so she didn't have to deal with monthly discomfort.  (If only all people-doctors cared as much about their patients!!!)

Like I said, I'm NOT trying to argue with you about zoos... just show that they really HAVE changed through the years, and they can be something you are happy about nowadays.  Just a single episode of the show (which can be watched for free on the National Geographic website) might ease your mind.  

I never had pets but my heart hurts when I see an animal apparently suffering. I'm glad to read things have changed for the better for some of the animals held in zoo environments.

No worries, I don't interpret your posts as arguing.  Just an exchange of feelings and information.  It's all good.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Good luck, Greg!  Hate when the power goes out!

Yes I would understand when there is a storm or blackouts from a heat wave but it’s nice today. The other things is that all of our lines are underground. My suspicion is that something blew at a sun station.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Luckynana said:

I hope you have a fabulous time visiting your daughter and grands Maryann.

• Thanks 1

On 7/30/2022 at 11:57 AM, bobmacliberty said:

If the winner is smart, we'll never know their name.

Illinois is 1 of the many states that allow you to remain anonymous, whereas, in CT (for some ridiculous reason) your name has to be revealed.

22 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

I've read similar stories about winners being inundated with all sorts of unwanted requests, sob stories, media attention, phone calls, etc. 

I recall a story about a woman who had won the lottery and her nephew called  her with a sob story about how he was down on his luck and needed money for his college tuition, car repairs, rent and yadda, yadda, yadda. She let him go on for about 15 - 20 minutes until she finally told him, "Seeing as that I am an only child with no brothers or sisters, I sure as hell don't have a nephew. Goodbye.

• Like 2
  • Haha 10

3 hours ago, Lionesss said:

This time we are down sizing...................LOL..................last time in May I took sooooo much I never wore.

That was us on our May Alaska cruise.   Way over estimated what we needed.  We fully stuffed 2 suitcases each where if a Caribbean cruise we pack 1 each.

We like Allure.   We will be on it again in October and trying to decide between Allure and Oasis in January. 

Hope y'all have a great time!

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Luckynana said:

I bet that is going to be a great visit.   Have fun!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Ughhhhh! Power just went out to our whole neighborhood. It’s sunny and a beautiful day. I did not expect that to happen. Power company hopes to restore in about an hour and a half

We get many power outages when it is very hot.Temperatures here this coming week are expected to possibly reach 107.I think the highest previous was 95

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Have you ever tried Cedar Point?  It is the best amusement park for those who love rollercoasters.  🎢 

We took our kids to amusement parks featuring rollercoasters all over North America.

Edited by lenquixote66
  • Like 1