Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

We purchased a whole house generator 3  years ago by Generax( sp).

We are about 2800 square feet.

First had to get a new wiring in electric box to support the system

Then had to have new gas line scavenged off the existing gas line to house.

Then had to have concrete slab for foundation installed.

Then of course had to buy the warranty for all that stuff.

First 2 years free. Now we pay.

It includes yearly inspection, we just had to pay for oil.....one time

Installation fee.

Now they said 24 months same as cash.

Ding Ding Ding, put on credit card to get points.  Paid in full the next month.

When  all was said and done in 2019 we paid a tad under $9000.

It has been used a couple times, the longest was on a very hot and humid summer day for 5 hours.

Glad we did it, the prices have really gone up.

Take care

• Like 6

So Jack had a sore throat yesterday with 101 fever.  I KNEW he had covid even after testing negative.  Today, sure enough, positive!  Now I'm waiting for my test result to be positive....sigh.  I know it's inevitable. So far I have no symptoms.

Jack's fever is down to 100.4 and actually feels better.

We're both isolating for the duration.

Anyone take the covid medication (forget the name) and did it help shorten time and symptoms?  Tomorrow will be day 3 of Jack's symptoms and 2 days after a positive result.  Not sure he's eligible.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Watched 60 Minutes tonight and they had a repeat of a great story on free divers. It made me want to rewatch a great movie "The Deep Blue." I am at awe at what they can do.If you haven't seen the movie check it out. It's got romance with Rosanna Arquette but the dive sequences are beautifully done.

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

So Jack had a sore throat yesterday with 101 fever.  I KNEW he had covid even after testing negative.  Today, sure enough, positive!  Now I'm waiting for my test result to be positive....sigh.  I know it's inevitable. So far I have no symptoms.

Anyone take the covid medication (forget the name) and did it help shorten time and symptoms?  Tomorrow will be day 3 of Jack's symptoms and 2 days after a positive result.  Not sure he's eligible.

I haven’t taken the antivirals myself but my doctor friend says it needs to be started at the onset of symptoms in order for it to lessen the symptoms.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Yes I would understand when there is a storm or blackouts from a heat wave but it’s nice today. The other things is that all of our lines are underground. My suspicion is that something blew at a sun station.

Maybe some company digging hit a line?

10 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I love amusement parks and rollercoasters.

Ugh, roller coasters make me nauseous. I quit going on them probably in jr high. Would love to ride again, but not worth it to be sick.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

Watched 60 Minutes tonight and they had a repeat of a great story on free divers. It made me want to rewatch a great movie "The Deep Blue." I am at awe at what they can do.If you haven't seen the movie check it out. It's got romance with Rosanna Arquette but the dive sequences are beautifully done.

I read a fabulous book by Lisa See called The Island of Sea Women. It's about the women free divers off Jeju Island.  Interesting family dynamics. One of my most favorite books to date.

It's amazing what free divers can do. 

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

…No but Ken says not to worry it takes time to move everything over. It just seems weird that my planner says I've been moved to Voyager out of Galveston on a 5 nighter Western Caribbean and not our original 7 night sailing out of Fort Lauderdale to the Eastern Caribbean on Adventure. Furthermore our October 21st cruise isn't on the website at all but the cruise the week before and after have been added. Weird!

I noticed you have made comments before about this and I got an email talking about the Voyager and Adventure. I didn’t know why and for the most part ignored it, but didn’t delete it either so today I decided to investigate. Turns out I booked a cruise for Dec 2023 on the Voyager over Christmas. 🤣  I normally don’t book over Christmas or Port Canaveral, but someone mentioned on the main board that there was a good deal. I shouldn’t have looked. I just hope they still put me in my hump cabin. Glad you had mentioned it again.

6 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

I got bids close to $15K. Think I'll pass

Our estimates came in over 20K. Not happening here.

6 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Looks like the children want to help me grill some steaks.

08C30662-7844-479F-B8F1-9EDEDAF7B837.thumb.jpeg.b6ae41dff604033486870337eb36ae7e.jpeg

You sure they just want to help grill or maybe they also want to help eat them? 🥩

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Here in Virginia the price of gas to down to $3.78 a gallon for regular.

https://www.gasbuddy.com/gasprices/virginia/pulaski/2314

I just realized the price didn't show up in the photo I posted. I does on my phone. weird.

Anyways, it was Loves Travel Stop off I-81 when you first enter Virginia from West Virginia, maybe 20 miles in. Don't know the name of the town. Price was $3.89

• Like 1

On 7/30/2022 at 2:11 PM, George C said:

It will be about a dollar cheaper when you get to Texas.

Buc'ees, off I-10 on the outskirts of Houston. 

The Brisket & Pulled Pork sandwiches are still tasty. Yes. I had both. Don't judge me, it was a long drive.😉

20220731_223806.jpg

• Like 8

5 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

@Momof3gurlzThank you.  The toughest part will be getting up at 5:30 everyday.   Working from home most days really spoiled me.

That would be very hard for me to do. 

4 hours ago, Lionesss said:

We purchased a whole house generator 3  years ago by Generax( sp).

We are about 2800 square feet.

First had to get a new wiring in electric box to support the system

Then had to have new gas line scavenged off the existing gas line to house.

Then had to have concrete slab for foundation installed.

Then of course had to buy the warranty for all that stuff.

First 2 years free. Now we pay.

It includes yearly inspection, we just had to pay for oil.....one time

Installation fee.

Now they said 24 months same as cash.

Ding Ding Ding, put on credit card to get points.  Paid in full the next month.

When  all was said and done in 2019 we paid a tad under $9000.

It has been used a couple times, the longest was on a very hot and humid summer day for 5 hours.

Glad we did it, the prices have really gone up.

Take care

I don’t know how that compares to the estimates we got or what we needed, but I’d take that in a heart beat. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Sorry to hear Jack tested positive Bonnie.

It is not inevitable that you will catch it.

We have both had covid at different times and the other stayed covid free.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Sorry to hear you both have covid.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Anyone take the covid medication (forget the name) and did it help shorten time and symptoms? 

Bonnie, sorry that Jack has Covid.  🤞 it will be mild and short.

About Paxlovid -- the jury is still out... There are side effects to take into account, and then there is the "rebound" phenomenon... Look at President Biden (and also our friend Rory who had it 3 weeks apart after using Paxlovid).

• Like 11

Our big news here is our Lionesss's won the Euros 2022 final last night at Wembley.  Its the first big international win we've had since 1966. The match was amazing and nail biting to watch with German being extremely good opponents.

It went into extra time and thank goodness didn't go to penalties which we always seem to lose at. 

Later this morning there is a parade in Central London 

BBC News - Euro 2022 final: Women's football will never be the same again
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/62373333

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, sgmn said:

Our big news here is our Lionesss's won the Euros 2022 final last night at Wembley.  Its the first big international win we've had since 1966. The match was amazing and nail biting to watch with German being extremely good opponents.

It went into extra time and thank goodness didn't go to penalties which we always seem to lose at. 

I agree Sue.

I'm delighted for the girls.

Nice press conference too😀

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Sorry to hear Jack has caught covid. Is this the first time? 

Seems impossible to dodge indefinitely 

I hope he makes a speedy recovery and you don't catch it 🙏 

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, sgmn said:

I had not heard of the Lioness team until I saw the videos of Prince William and Princess Charlotte wishing them luck before the game.  How wonderful that they won.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Bonnie,  Sorry to hear Jack has covid.  It is nerve wracking waiting to see if you will also be positive.   

Hopefully you will be one of the lucky spouses that doesn't get it, like I was.  I was with Eric 24/7 and went back and forth to his Moms house to care for her while both were sick, and I never got it.  Tested neg. Multiples for that month.

I think you are referring g to paxlovid?  I do not personally know anyone that has had this treatment.     

Eric had the monoclonal antibody infusion and that worked wonders on him. I don't think they are using this on current variant.  His mom had remedesivir and her covid lasted for weeks.

Drink Lots of fluids!

Hopefully everyone will feel better soon and have full recovery in time for your family to visit😍

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, HBE4 said:

Buc'ees, off I-10 on the outskirts of Houston. 

The Brisket & Pulled Pork sandwiches are still tasty. Yes. I had both. Don't judge me, it was a long drive.😉

20220731_223806.jpg

I wish those prices were here.  Yesterday I filled up at $4.42/gal.😒

2 hours ago, sgmn said:

I am famous and did not even know it!!!!!!!

Thanks for sharing

• Like 6
  • Haha 4

3 hours ago, sgmn said:

Congratulations to your Lionesses!  I prefer watching the women to watching the men.  The women don't spend as much time rolling around on the ground, screaming in agony like they'll never walk again, only to pop back up and continue on.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Congratulations to your Lionesses!  I prefer watching the women to watching the men.  The women don't spend as much time rolling around on the ground, screaming in agony like they'll never walk again, only to pop back up and continue on.  

Agreed with all your sentiments.  I just saw the clips and it looked like a great game. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

I have not had covid so not taken Paxlovid.  However, listening to Dr. radio (Drs that work at Langone in NY) I have heard the following:

There are some medications that people are on that rule out Paxlovid or need to be temporarily stopped during treatment.

It does make people feel better quickly.

There can be rebound and it has been theorized that it is because it is started a little too early in the course of the disease.  It does need to be given early (I think within 5 days of testing positive).  As to the President having rebound he is completely asymptomatic and just had a positive test.

There is a monoclonal antibody treatment that works against this variant but I didn't catch the entire name.  It starts with a D.

I hope Jack feels better soon and that you do not catch it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1