Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, Keksie said:

She gives Loxy the fox cat liver treats.  Rose the raccoon gets grapes and Riley (who is now retired) gets small pieces of carrot.  I am not sure what she gives KT the squirrel but he likes mango best.

They all look like amazing animals. Very well trained. I really liked the video. 

1 hour ago, Luckynana said:

She's a beauty!  I bet your Mom is so looking forward to getting behind the wheel of her new ride!

How is Owen doing with his wrist and arm?

She went with a 3 year lease so she plans on driving for a while. 

Owen’s is doing well. The remaining swelling in his wrist has gone down. He has around 75% full motion and is doing his physio exercises three times a day. We went out and threw the tennis ball a bit today and will switch to a baseball in the next week or so. 

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, taznremmy said:

@Sea Dog After reading your post about Nearest Green and Jack Daniel, I Googled it and read more.  Very interesting, thank you.  While reading, this is one of the ad's that popped up.....thought it would be perfect for you. 😁

I thought so too. A very interesting story. Lol I love that shirt!

• Like 2

A couple more pics from the week, unfortunately most show too much for my daughter to be comfortable with, many with chocolate faces from smores and big wide smiles on the jet ski.

Playing in the water by the shore1784910183_20220726_1227252.thumb.jpg.bd620bece7bca523b76e2ad2c3044db9.jpg

With their daily visitors, the ducks, a young one take food right out of my grandsons hand, we call him the duck whisperer, they are all drawn to him

20220725_143639.thumb.jpg.14ca5de76f740caa3a9beb6f3003373a.jpg

The prize catch of the day.  Caught 2, last time they were here the fish were not biting so happy they had success.

1107265197_LakeSummer22(602).thumb.jpg.b1480a5a7c99e9102f60036fe5d24cbe.jpg

Edited by akcruz
  • Like 20

2 hours ago, Luckynana said:

@Sunshine3601How is Eric feeling?  Is his back somewhat better, I hope?

@Momof3gurlzDeb, how is Andy doing with his wrist?

Thank you for asking. 😍 Eric is feeling better day by day.  Last night when we arrived for my party and the hostess showed us to the steps to get to the room they booked.  We both looked at each other wondering if he could do steps.   He took it slow but at the end of the night going down was worse than going up.  He had wished he had more to drink but he was driving.

• Like 9

2 hours ago, Luckynana said:

@Sunshine3601How is Eric feeling?  Is his back somewhat better, I hope?

@Momof3gurlzDeb, how is Andy doing with his wrist?

He’s doing okay. Physical therapy started on Monday so that’s causing some pain & swelling again (as well as some grouchiness LOL).  Thank you for asking! 

• Like 9

4 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Mom may be in her retirement home recovering from her hip replacement but I went and picked up her new car for her. We know that it will be easier for her to get in and out of VS our SUVs. She will like it more than the medical van transfer that gave her motion sickness. She ordered it in December and it came in about 2 weeks ago. It has been redesigned so that certainly helped in further delays. She will thoroughly enjoy it when she is able to drive again. 

680E54E0-84AF-4008-B077-A1FF348D0710.thumb.jpeg.f76ffd577e1cfe5e8f06c598f23b8263.jpeg

The touch screen is like an IPad 12 ProMax. 

17C5A8B0-18EE-4BDF-8A5F-ABFC92B3EE3B.thumb.jpeg.0a706bf9f702c378ece6bb68b0c03cfc.jpeg

Nice!!  I love the color.  I'm sure she will be thrilled.   When will she be coming home?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, akcruz said:

A couple more pics from the week, unfortunately most show too much for my daughter to be comfortable with, many with chocolate faces from smores and big wide smiles on the jet ski.

Playing in the water by the shore1784910183_20220726_1227252.thumb.jpg.bd620bece7bca523b76e2ad2c3044db9.jpg

With their daily visitors, the ducks, a young one take food right out of my grandsons hand, we call him the duck whisperer, they are all drawn to him

20220725_143639.thumb.jpg.14ca5de76f740caa3a9beb6f3003373a.jpg

The prize catch of the day.  Caught 2, last time they were here the fish were not biting so happy they had success.

1107265197_LakeSummer22(602).thumb.jpg.b1480a5a7c99e9102f60036fe5d24cbe.jpg

What a great house on the lake.  Perfect to spend your vacation with your grands!!

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

He took it slow but at the end of the night going down was worse than going up.  He had wished he had more to drink but he was driving.

Oh, man.  I'm sorry he's still hurting so much.  Eric still has a week or two (closer to two?) before he can start any PT?  

8 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

He’s doing okay. Physical therapy started on Monday so that’s causing some pain & swelling again (as well as some grouchiness LOL).  Thank you for asking! 

Hopefully the PT will help him soon with the pain and swelling.  Ice has become my new best friend after PT.

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Oh, man.  I'm sorry he's still hurting so much.  Eric still has a week or two (closer to two?) before he can start any PT?  

He goes back to the ortho doc on 8.15 for xrays and doc will decide then.  That will be around a month since he broke it.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

He goes back to the ortho doc on 8.15 for xrays and doc will decide then.  That will be around a month since he broke it.

Healing prayers go to Eric.  Hope he isn't in too much pain.

I ditched my wheelchair for most of today. We stayed home and wherever I had to go I used the walker.  It was painful and my steps were labored but I did it! 

I agree with @LuckynanaMaryann: Ice is my new friend.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2

34 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Good morning.

It is currently 59°F and raining at 08.27am.

Wishing everyone a safe and nice day.

Posting 30 minutes after you Graham, and for a comparison.....I am in So. Calif., it is 1:02 a.m. and it is 73F.  I'd rather have your 59 and PLEASE SEND RAIN!  🙏🙏

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, taznremmy said:

Posting 30 minutes after you Graham, and for a comparison.....I am in So. Calif., it is 1:02 a.m. and it is 73F.  I'd rather have your 59 and PLEASE SEND RAIN!  🙏🙏

Happily.

I hope you have an amazing cruise starting on August 8th on Navigator and another awesome cruise on Quantum on September 4th.

Graham.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/29/2022 at 10:41 PM, aussielozzie18 said:

Picked up a fiction book by Graham Norton at the street library yesterday.  Not read one his books yet but only heard good things about them.  Love his interview show.  DD was in the audience for his show and was lucky enough to have Daniel Radcliffe, Tom Hiddleston and Ricky Gervais being interviewed.

He has a great way with his audience and guests. It wasn't the same during the pandemic when guests and audience were on zoom. Hoping it will be back to the sofa next season. I have Holding on audible and watched the TV series of the same book

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Happily.

I hope you have an amazing cruise starting on August 8th on Navigator and another awesome cruise on Quantum on September 4th.

Graham.

Thank you Graham.  I'm sure they will be amazing.  My motto is if I'm not having a good time on a cruise ship ....it's my fault.....Well, unless the plumbing system backs up or they run out of liquor. 😂

Wishing you and Pauline another wonderful day.

Pat

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

On 7/30/2022 at 5:22 AM, Coralc said:

Thinking about this all day. As a biologist, I have a different opinion about marine parks, dolphin encounters, zoos and wildlife parks. You don't have to agree with me, and I'm not interested in debating. 

I think of animals in captivity as ambassadors for their species. People do not truly appreciate animals and wildlife unless they get to see and experience them in person. Watching videos is not the same as smelling them and sometimes interacting and touching them. 

My first love was marine biology. Back in the 60's, my mom would drop me off in the morning at the old pier 56 aquarium in Seattle. I would spend most of the day there. I fed fish to Namu, their first killer whale, who was sadly killed trying to get back to the ocean. I helped the owner get an orphaned baby harbor seal out of his kennel and fed him. They used to have an octopus, Henry, that would climb out of his tank when it was quiet, and scoot across the floor and eat fish in other tanks. :classic_smile: I fed baby lion cubs at the Woodland Park Zoo. And I loved Siegfried and Roy. They took great care of their cats. They didn't take good care of the dolphins and some of the other animals in the "Secret Garden". 

It is not wonderful that these animals are in captivity. But I fully support dolphin encounters, manatee encounters, sea lions, good zoos, wildlife parks, whatever. If they have an appreciation and take care of their animals. 

Just a few animals can enlighten and maybe educate thousands of people (especially children) in the wonders of nature. It is something that they won't see or experience at home on the computer. :classic_smile:

We went to husband & wife wildlife park in Louisiana. They take great care of their animals, but they just eat them or skin them when they are old or sick. So, it is all well and good to say you are against captive animals, but I don't feel the same. :classic_smile:

Nutria P.jpg

Some zoos or animal parks have great endangered species breeding programmes, and release back into the wild 

• Like 6

51 minutes ago, taznremmy said:

Ditto, we need rain down here in the south too. My garden is straw and I'm only doing spot watering for my pots. Talk of a hose pipe ban in the South 

• Like 3

We've had an enjoyable couple of days. On Friday we went out in the boat again, this time to Windsor. Took a picnic and found a nice place to moor up just below the castle. Carried on past Windsor Great Park before turning back for home. Our neighbour texted and invited us over for dinner. She is Mexican and we has a lovely home made Mexican meal. 

And yesterday we baby sat our grandson so his parents could go out. So much easier now they live  closer . My DIL is going back to work next month so we will be doing regular childcare duties which we are really looking forward to. 

In the marina before push off

20220729_122041.thumb.jpg.8e000a2785d4c3c9cb8e97b3387abcd2.jpg

Windsor up ahead

20220729_133717.thumb.jpg.6af66477763ba5a74ebf9c18ee343913.jpg

Good view of castle 

20220729_143715.thumb.jpg.cf4d52c922fa1c9a2b716d86fa81d5c2.jpg

Edited by sgmn
  • Like 19

19 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

I have to add one more comment about zoos.  I know others feel differently than I do about traditional zoos, and I haven't been to a zoo in many years.  The ones I remember visiting had small cages and the animals were always lying listlessly, hardly moving as if they were tranquilized.  I hope things have changed for the better.  Let's agree to disagree.

I know others have posted about this, and I'm NOT looking to "argue" about anything here, but I do want to encourage you to catch a couple episodes of the tv show "Secrets of the Zoo" which there are versions taped in Columbus, OH; Tampa, FL; Asheboro, NC; and Australia.  

I really think that seeing how a modern zoo is built and run will make you feel so much better about the animals that are living in zoos today.  It's like night and day from the zoos of our youth! 

And the effort that the staff go through to make sure everything is as stress-free as possible for the animals is really amazing.  Many of the animals are taught how to come to a specific part of the enclosure indoors so that the staff can do a visual inspection for health purposes, or give them a daily dose of medication if needed, or they even train some to present a hip to the bars so they can be given a sedative injection by hand prior to a veterinary procedure instead of being subjected to being "gunned down" with a tranquilizer dart, which is more stressful for the animal (there are usually bars like a "cage" on the indoor portions that the public never sees, but this is not where the animals spend much of their time, especially after passing quarantine for new animals).

For animals that will need to be transported to another zoo for gene diversity purposes, I've seen them start habituating the animal to their transportation crate months and months in advance -- teaching them to be comfortable within the crate, eating in the crate, etc., so the moving process isn't so stressful for the animal.  

And they truly seem to care about the well-being of the animals. In an episode I watched a bit ago, one of the primates (I think it was a chimpanzee, but I'm not positive) had had a hysterectomy (I think she had a tumor or fibroids that was the reason for needing the operation) a while previous, but they noticed that she was having abdominal discomfort and just not behaving like herself.  They did a physical exam, and it was determined that because she still had her ovaries after her hysterectomy, she was having problems with bloating and such associated with her cycle.  They gave her a birth control implant between her shoulder blades to stop her cycles, and she was back out with her family the same day.  They went through all that effort and cost just so she didn't have to deal with monthly discomfort.  (If only all people-doctors cared as much about their patients!!!)

Like I said, I'm NOT trying to argue with you about zoos... just show that they really HAVE changed through the years, and they can be something you are happy about nowadays.  Just a single episode of the show (which can be watched for free on the National Geographic website) might ease your mind.  

• Like 14
  • Thanks 2

Exciting busy day ahead for us.

All our vacation clothes have been washed and those that need ironed, done.

Today organizing and putting together what will go in suitcases.

From toiletries to shoes to bathing suits to documents..........................

This time we are down sizing...................LOL..................last time in May I took sooooo much I never wore.

But the DH, well trying to get him to downsize is kinda painful.............what if you need this...........nope, I guess I am making room for him.

So, if we are COVID negative on Thursday.

Allure, here we come in 7 days.

• Like 22