Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

2 hours ago, Lionesss said:

Lottery.

I only do scratch offs, but that amount of money one could win is unbelievable on that Mega Million as well as the chances of winning it.

So I did what any gambler would do.

I went to the store and when it was my turn I ask for $20 dollars of chances for that big lottery,

I got two tickets full of numbers.

You figure someone somewhere is going to win.

Best of luck to all who bought tickets.

Take care

I have 30 dollars worth of tickets 😁😁😁.

• Like 4

Picked up a fiction book by Graham Norton at the street library yesterday.  Not read one his books yet but only heard good things about them.  Love his interview show.  DD was in the audience for his show and was lucky enough to have Daniel Radcliffe, Tom Hiddleston and Ricky Gervais being interviewed.

Edited by aussielozzie18
  • Like 8

I haven’t posted on this thread a lot but wanted to share that most of the posts here brighten my day very much.   People genuinely and sincerely happy and or concerned (depending on the situation) about others we know only through cc.     It’s truly so very nice to see/read.   

Graham - your posts including food pics do a “Coventry” born girl good!  Nothing like British food to me.  😊 

Edited by maggieq
  • Like 12

8 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

By the end of next week, hopefully, I can ditch this wheelchair to the curb.  Not sure how long I will need the walker but to me it's independence.  Pain after therapy yesterday was minimal and I had a wonderful night sleep for the first time in weeks.  No happy pills!  For now I am cautiously optimistic.  

Great news, Bonnie!  Keep up the good work!😉

8 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

These guys are tired and the day just started😳86162128-CA97-49C8-96C3-5DC28E9CDFEC.thumb.jpeg.1f5c1e011c86d8ccb6d82cf61c4e3e96.jpeg

It must be the heat getting to them.  What a life!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, HBE4 said:

Time for another road trip to Houston.  Some of you may remember last December I went to pick up my step daughter who had suffered several professional and personal setbacks, in additional to the whole situation with her mother.  She wanted a 1-2 month break to figure things out.  At the time, I posted I had a great road trip but the next time I do it, I'd be sad as that means I'm taking her back to H-town.

So I'm leaving early tomorrow morning for the 25 hour drive.

Safe travels tomorrow!

6 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Thats why I will never do a dolphin encounter. As much as I would like to touch it does not feel right. 

It's amazing how the dolphins will swim so close to the waders in our beaches in Naples!  Those of us sitting on the beach all get up and watch these beautiful creatures.

5 hours ago, HBE4 said:

But I have know her since she was 4 & married her mother when she was 12 so she is very much my own daughter & she always refers to me as her father who raised her.

My granddaughter was 4 years old when Pete became her step-father.  A better man and father she is blessed to have in her life.  They are so very close, and he has given both she and our daughter a wonderful life.  He has taught our granddaughter to ski, snowboard, paddle board, and surf, among other things.  💕

2 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Sorry Graham, I meant dad. It looked like a wonderful memorial. 

+1

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Lionesss said:

Lottery.

I only do scratch offs, but that amount of money one could win is unbelievable on that Mega Million as well as the chances of winning it.

So I did what any gambler would do.

I went to the store and when it was my turn I ask for $20 dollars of chances for that big lottery,

I got two tickets full of numbers.

You figure someone somewhere is going to win.

Best of luck to all who bought tickets.

Take care

Cash payoff on the 1 Billion, is $600,000,000.....other $400,000,000 goes to taxes.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

The cash payoff of the billion is just over $600,000,000 instead of taking the annuity.  That $600,000,000 is then taxed.

Leaving the winner with enough to buy a Starbucks coffee...grande.

• Like 1
  • Haha 10

14 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

The cash payoff of the billion is just over $600,000,000 instead of taking the annuity.  That $600,000,000 is then taxed.

Really?..how is the annuity paid out then?

6 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Really?..how is the annuity paid out then?

Based on the current $1.28 billion estimate, the annuity would pay approximately $42.67 million a year for 30 years.

Edit to add:  that is also before taxes.

Edited by reallyitsmema
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

Based on the current $1.28 billion estimate, the annuity would pay approximately $42.67 million a year for 30 years.

Edit to add:  that is also before taxes.

That is what the average would be.  The annuity increases 5% each year, with an initial payment just under $20 million and final payment just under $80 million.

Most people take the lump sum payout.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, reallyitsmema said:

That is what the average would be.  The annuity increases 5% each year, with an initial payment just under $20 million and final payment just under $80 million.

Most people take the lump sum payout.

Either way, with a little belt tightening,  I might be able to squeeze by. 😉 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I wonder when the increase in gratuities actually starts. 
I’d hate to board a ship this weekend and find out I’m paying $1.50 a day more than I expected. 
It’s not much money, but I think it should start on a specific date in the future so people are aware. 
Evidently Edocs show it now. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

I wonder when the increase in gratuities actually starts. 
I’d hate to board a ship this weekend and find out I’m paying $1.50 a day more than I expected. 
It’s not much money, but I think it should start on a specific date in the future so people are aware. 
Evidently Edocs show it now. 

When they have done this before, but I don't know if it is the same way now. If your cruise was booked before July 15, with gratuities added, you don't have to pay the increase, no matter when your cruise is. 

This time, it sounds like if your cruise was booked before July 15, you are still under the old rate that was in effect when you booked. 

I thought they were going to do this, so we added gratuities to our March bookings. 

• Like 3

Thinking about this all day. As a biologist, I have a different opinion about marine parks, dolphin encounters, zoos and wildlife parks. You don't have to agree with me, and I'm not interested in debating. 

I think of animals in captivity as ambassadors for their species. People do not truly appreciate animals and wildlife unless they get to see and experience them in person. Watching videos is not the same as smelling them and sometimes interacting and touching them. 

My first love was marine biology. Back in the 60's, my mom would drop me off in the morning at the old pier 56 aquarium in Seattle. I would spend most of the day there. I fed fish to Namu, their first killer whale, who was sadly killed trying to get back to the ocean. I helped the owner get an orphaned baby harbor seal out of his kennel and fed him. They used to have an octopus, Henry, that would climb out of his tank when it was quiet, and scoot across the floor and eat fish in other tanks. :classic_smile: I fed baby lion cubs at the Woodland Park Zoo. And I loved Siegfried and Roy. They took great care of their cats. They didn't take good care of the dolphins and some of the other animals in the "Secret Garden". 

It is not wonderful that these animals are in captivity. But I fully support dolphin encounters, manatee encounters, sea lions, good zoos, wildlife parks, whatever. If they have an appreciation and take care of their animals. 

Just a few animals can enlighten and maybe educate thousands of people (especially children) in the wonders of nature. It is something that they won't see or experience at home on the computer. :classic_smile:

We went to husband & wife wildlife park in Louisiana. They take great care of their animals, but they just eat them or skin them when they are old or sick. So, it is all well and good to say you are against captive animals, but I don't feel the same. :classic_smile:

Nutria P.jpg

Edited by Coralc
  • Like 15
  • Thanks 4