Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

9 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Today is my daughter’s 15 year anniversary, so we will have all our grandkids starting around lunchtime.  Bigger trips planned for tomorrow and the weekend with them, so this may be a day to stay local.

Happy 15th anniversary to your dear daughter.

Graham.

61c0783bc2559bbe47d433b1bf2dd0d9.gif.766b13aac91c4b0dd4b29c79688f3b1b.gif

• Like 3

9 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Today is my daughter’s 15 year anniversary, so we will have all our grandkids starting around lunchtime.  Bigger trips planned for tomorrow and the weekend with them, so this may be a day to stay local.

Wishing your daughter and son-in-law a Happy 15th Anniversary.  

9 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Can't believe the main boards are so caught up in bedtime and dance classes that stuff like this is barely mentioned.

Screenshot_20220728-082909_Chrome.thumb.jpg.0ad8eda0be0ecd2e2b081d5405cbb664.jpg

From an obscure Live thread

Screenshot_20220728-082926_Chrome.thumb.jpg.30595c6b61f2f5eb4f9824dc18cd6d6c.jpg

Seems newsworthy to me

Holy moly!!!!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MJSailors said:

@Ozark_Kid Kenzie is adorable and very photogenic!

Tell me, just between us,is she your favorite grandchild ?😉

Just kidding- all grandchildren have a place in our hearts and have qualities that we enjoy !

MJ🙋🏻

Grandkids are a true blessing.  Our 7th will be here within the next 4 weeks. 

The girls just departed but they all came over to do nails.  They did a foot soak first.  Kenzie wanted in on it.

image.thumb.png.1239c6678eeecdd493efb0fff1e0f1e7.png

image.thumb.png.02453521f281b64bb8acff0e3b2d084d.png

Cuties make it easier to capture cute pics.  

A couple weeks ago I was at a wedding and another one of our young ones, Corrie,  was the flower girl.  I didn't catch any pics to share but my daughter caught some when she was trying on her dress.  My DD said Corrie did all her on posing. 

IMG_7148.thumb.jpeg.7fc0736f26dea895139487689dc82a79.jpeg

IMG_7146.thumb.jpeg.6b7dcc3b93f360545b827f693e3d75e1.jpeg

IMG_7145.thumb.jpeg.75a0c95d68b968e0380fbbebedf77343.jpeg

• Like 30

10 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Every time I see these I cringe a little. Not sure I like the lack of a divider. That being said, I always think about booking one. 

Quite honestly, we love these cabins and balconies.    You still have privacy with the "original" part of the balcony.    You have to try one😃

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I was looking at flights to Ft. Lauderdale. I don't know what is up with Southwest lately. Just about everything coming and going stops in Baltimore. They used to have great non-stop times. They seem to be using Baltimore as a hub now. I don't like it.

SW prices are much higher too which I am sure most are now higher.   We can usually book a flight to Florida for both of us for under $400.  Usually closer to $325. This October it is costing us over $1,000.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Many years ago,before I joined CC I was a regular on another cruise message board.I became friendly with a guy who posted there and we made plans to meet for lunch with our wives.He lived 5 hours away from us but we met and became instant friends with him and his wife.

Over the years we drove to where he lived and he drove to our area to meet for lunch .In 2016 they moved to Florida but we still kept in touch by phone and e-mail.
This morning I found out that my good friends wife passed away.I was shocked to hear this.She was a very nice person .

Sorry to hear of the loss.    May she RIP🙏

DH has Covid.  Thankfully his symptoms are mild.  Been a busy week though.  Getting him a newspaper before work every day, leaving work for an early lunch so he can have a hot meal  then making sure all my work is up to date every day  because the likelihood of me getting it is high and the 7 day isolation rule is still in effect here.  My boss also informed me on Day 3 that I am supposed to be wearing a mask in the office (rule apparently if your significant other is positive) something I wasn’t ware of and he had forgotten about.  DH and I will both be glad when the 7 days is over.

• Like 15

Meanwhile, DD is in Montreal and loving the city.  They are there for a music festival this weekend but unbeknownst to them, they are also there during  the International Fireworks Competition.  For several weeks, fireworks experts from around the world  put on a fireworks display over the Lawrence River. Last night, it was Croatia’s turn and they put on a spectacular 30 min display.  
I can’t share the stunning videos but instead I’ll post the delicious Beaver Tail DD enjoyed.

Bon Appetit indeed.

2F8919FA-D3AB-47FC-9C40-D79BFA05E668.jpeg

• Like 20

I have been really busy at work clearing up everything.   Tomorrow is my last day there after 20+ years.      Sad but happy at the same time.      I heard through the grapevine (it's suppose to be a surprise) they are planning on taking me out for dinner and drinks tomorrow night.     Since Eric will still work there I know I will keep in touch with just about everyone.    

• Like 17

28 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

SW prices are much higher too which I am sure most are now higher.   We can usually book a flight to Florida for both of us for under $400.  Usually closer to $325. This October it is costing us over $1,000.

I have bad knees so we always fly first class , totally brutal cost now, this is why we booked November 2023 out of Galveston. 

• Like 6

10 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Today is my daughter’s 15 year anniversary.

Congratulations to your daughter and SIL on such important milestone. Wishing them lots of milestones together 💐

16 minutes ago, aussielozzie18 said:

DH has Covid.  Thankfully his symptoms are mild.  

So sorry. At least his symptoms are mild, and hopefully, you'll not catch it. Take care.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Grandkids are a true blessing.  Our 7th will be here within the next 4 weeks. 

The girls just departed but they all came over to do nails.  They did a foot soak first.  Kenzie wanted in on it.

image.thumb.png.1239c6678eeecdd493efb0fff1e0f1e7.png

image.thumb.png.02453521f281b64bb8acff0e3b2d084d.png

Cuties make it easier to capture cute pics.  

A couple weeks ago I was at a wedding and another one of our young ones, Corrie,  was the flower girl.  I didn't catch any pics to share but my daughter caught some when she was trying on her dress.  My DD said Corrie did all her on posing. 

IMG_7148.thumb.jpeg.7fc0736f26dea895139487689dc82a79.jpeg

IMG_7146.thumb.jpeg.6b7dcc3b93f360545b827f693e3d75e1.jpeg

IMG_7145.thumb.jpeg.75a0c95d68b968e0380fbbebedf77343.jpeg

Ahh  Corrie looks so beautiful in her dress.   Love the poses.    😍

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Ouch!!!     

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, aussielozzie18 said:

DH has Covid.  Thankfully his symptoms are mild.  Been a busy week though.  Getting him a newspaper before work every day, leaving work for an early lunch so he can have a hot meal  then making sure all my work is up to date every day  because the likelihood of me getting it is high and the 7 day isolation rule is still in effect here.  My boss also informed me on Day 3 that I am supposed to be wearing a mask in the office (rule apparently if your significant other is positive) something I wasn’t ware of and he had forgotten about.  DH and I will both be glad when the 7 days is over.

Sorry to hear your DH has covid.    Hope he has a full recovery soon.   Hopefully you remain negative too!🙏

• Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Quite honestly, we love these cabins and balconies.    You still have privacy with the "original" part of the balcony.    You have to try one😃

Just afraid I'd get annoying neighbors.

Could be I'm the annoying one😉

• Like 3
  • Haha 10

24 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I have been really busy at work clearing up everything.   Tomorrow is my last day there after 20+ years.      Sad but happy at the same time.      I heard through the grapevine (it's suppose to be a surprise) they are planning on taking me out for dinner and drinks tomorrow night.     Since Eric will still work there I know I will keep in touch with just about everyone.    

I'm sure you will be missed, Debbie!  Enjoy your dinner and drinks with your office buds tomorrow evening. 🌹  On to bigger and better opportunities next week!😉

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Just afraid I'd get annoying neighbors.

Could be I'm the annoying one😉

Our last sailing on Serenade for almost a month of b2b's  in one of these cabins we hardly saw anyone other than sail away from ports.   I recall one of the weeks we had some very nice neighbors and hung out and enjoyed a bottle or two of wine in the evening with them.   It was quite fun.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Ozark_Kid said:

But they love to advertise themselves as a low cost airline.🙄

• Haha 5