Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

7 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

I'm sure you will be missed, Debbie!  Enjoy your dinner and drinks with your office buds tomorrow evening. 🌹  On to bigger and better opportunities next week!😉

Thank you Maryann.   I have been trying to get to bed early this week so I can get up at 6:00 am to be at the new job by 8 am.  Working from home most days these last couple of years has really spoiled me.     I plan on heading to Macy's this weekend😀

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Our last sailing on Serenade for almost a month of b2b's  in one of these cabins we hardly saw anyone other than sail away from ports.   I recall one of the weeks we had some very nice neighbors and hung out and enjoyed a bottle or two of wine in the evening with them.   It was quite fun.

9 months of B2B's😉

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I was looking at flights to Ft. Lauderdale. I don't know what is up with Southwest lately. Just about everything coming and going stops in Baltimore. They used to have great non-stop times. They seem to be using Baltimore as a hub now. I don't like it.

1 hour ago, Ozark_Kid said:

SW prices are much higher too which I am sure most are now higher.   We can usually book a flight to Florida for both of us for under $400.  Usually closer to $325. This October it is costing us over $1,000.

26 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

But they love to advertise themselves as a low cost airline.🙄

I wonder if Southwest is struggling more than the other airlines.  Seems like they may be cutting back on scheduled flights or routes, hence the lack of non-stop flights.

I recently priced a flight from NY to TX and from cheapest to most expensive: AA, JetBlue, Delta, United,  Southwest.  Traditionally, Southwest would have been the cheapest but it was almost twice the price of AA and slightly more than the traditional "legacy" airlines such as United.  Even considering the 2 checked bags wouldn't change the order.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, aussielozzie18 said:

DH has Covid.  Thankfully his symptoms are mild.  Been a busy week though.  Getting him a newspaper before work every day, leaving work for an early lunch so he can have a hot meal  then making sure all my work is up to date every day  because the likelihood of me getting it is high and the 7 day isolation rule is still in effect here.  My boss also informed me on Day 3 that I am supposed to be wearing a mask in the office (rule apparently if your significant other is positive) something I wasn’t ware of and he had forgotten about.  DH and I will both be glad when the 7 days is over.

Sorry that your husband has Covid.Hopefully mild and a complete recovery.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

I wonder if Southwest is struggling more than the other airlines.  Seems like they may be cutting back on scheduled flights or routes, hence the lack of non-stop flights.

I recently priced a flight from NY to TX and from cheapest to most expensive: AA, JetBlue, Delta, United,  Southwest.  Traditionally, Southwest would have been the cheapest but it was almost twice the price of AA and slightly more than the traditional "legacy" airlines such as United.  Even considering the 2 checked bags wouldn't change the order.

Every SW flight I have been on has been packed. I don't know what their issue is. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I have been really busy at work clearing up everything.   Tomorrow is my last day there after 20+ years.      Sad but happy at the same time.      I heard through the grapevine (it's suppose to be a surprise) they are planning on taking me out for dinner and drinks tomorrow night.     Since Eric will still work there I know I will keep in touch with just about everyone.    

Have a wonderful time tomorrow night,Debbie.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, George C said:

I have bad knees so we always fly first class , totally brutal cost now, this is why we booked November 2023 out of Galveston. 

I bet 1st class would be crazy high. 

We are trying to decide what cruise we want to do in January.   There are some great prices out of Galveston on Allure.  We could drive there, about 10 hours, or fly.  Flights to Houston are still reasonable.   The only downside is we are cruising Allure in October and itinerary. It's been awhile since we been to Cozumel so that wouldbe ok.   We haven't been to Roatan and don't know much about it. I could use a new Costa Maya t-shirt 😆.   We are also looking at the other Oasis class ships. 

• Like 6

I have been really busy at work clearing up everything.   Tomorrow is my last day there after 20+ years.      Sad but happy at the same time.      I heard through the grapevine (it's suppose to be a surprise) they are planning on taking me out for dinner and drinks tomorrow night.     Since Eric will still work there I know I will keep in touch with just about everyone.    

I did not realize that you have been with them that long.  Leaving the friends you make is the hardest part of leaving.  I still enjoy making contact with my old coworkers.  I hope you have a great last day!  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I was looking at flights to Ft. Lauderdale. I don't know what is up with Southwest lately. Just about everything coming and going stops in Baltimore. They used to have great non-stop times. They seem to be using Baltimore as a hub now. I don't like it.

3 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

There is always JetBlue from Hartford.

Non-stop options between Providence & Ft Lauderdale stink.  The only option is Jet Blue with an evening flight down (which is okay because we’d fly down a day or two early) and early afternoon return on 7/15, but it’s $ 752 per person!  
I didn’t see any non-stop return flight to Hartford. 
I’ve mentioned before that I don’t like flying, especially taking off, so I always prefer non-stop. Even more so in January with potential weather issues.  
Boston would be a last resort.  I’m honestly thinking maybe we’d just drive.  We’ll be in PA over New Year’s weekend; could just leave from there & spend a few extra days in FL pre-cruise. 

• Like 6

2 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

DH has Covid.  Thankfully his symptoms are mild.  Been a busy week though.  Getting him a newspaper before work every day, leaving work for an early lunch so he can have a hot meal  then making sure all my work is up to date every day  because the likelihood of me getting it is high and the 7 day isolation rule is still in effect here.  My boss also informed me on Day 3 that I am supposed to be wearing a mask in the office (rule apparently if your significant other is positive) something I wasn’t ware of and he had forgotten about.  DH and I will both be glad when the 7 days is over.

I hope his symptoms remain mild and that you don’t get sick.

Enjoy your dinner tomorrow!  

@Ozark_Kid you have beautiful grandchildren.  They’re all so photogenic.  

Edited by Momof3gurlz
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

26 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Non-stop options between Providence & Ft Lauderdale stink.  The only option is Jet Blue with an evening flight down (which is okay because we’d fly down a day or two early) and early afternoon return on 7/15, but it’s $ 752 per person!  
I’ve mentioned before that I don’t like flying, especially taking off, so I always prefer non-stop. Even more so in January with potential weather issues.  
Boston would be a last resort.  I’m honestly thinking maybe we’d just drive.  We’ll be in PA over New Year’s weekend; could just leave from there & spend a few extra days in FL pre-cruise. 

July15 has come and gone. Do you mean 1/15? I'm sering $424 for the blue fare. However, right now that flight has a ton of empty seats. I'd watch it for awhile. The price will drop.

1 hour ago, Momof3gurlz said:

I think you meant returning on 1/15? JB has two non-stops to Hartford from FLL. One at 8:10AM and 9:10PM. Not great times. SW has a 2:10 PM non stop from FLL to PVD. Sometimes I fly one airline in one direction and come back on the other.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I bet 1st class would be crazy high. 

We are trying to decide what cruise we want to do in January.   There are some great prices out of Galveston on Allure.  We could drive there, about 10 hours, or fly.  Flights to Houston are still reasonable.   The only downside is we are cruising Allure in October and itinerary. It's been awhile since we been to Cozumel so that wouldbe ok.   We haven't been to Roatan and don't know much about it. I could use a new Costa Maya t-shirt 😆.   We are also looking at the other Oasis class ships. 

Been to Roatan a few times, It's  the best island in the Caribbean for diving or snorkeling. They have amazing reefs there with vibrant coral and a stunning array of bright, tropical fish.

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 7

38 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

July15 has come and gone. Do you mean 1/15? I'm sering $424 for the blue fare. However, right now that flight has a ton of empty seats. I'd watch it for awhile. The price will drop.

I though I deleted this post. Ignore it.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Congratulations on your new beginnings.  I hope you have a great day tomorrow.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

There is always JetBlue from Hartford.

Would it take you very long to drive or do you usually go out of this airport anyway?

4 hours ago, George C said:

Joebob has wanted more attention from us since he is our only cat .

image.thumb.jpeg.5b56252f92dbe9527745949b16d23235.jpeg

Big beautiful eyes and a sweet face. He misses his best friend. Poor kitty. Chloe had a rough when Keiki died.

4 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

SW prices are much higher too which I am sure most are now higher.   We can usually book a flight to Florida for both of us for under $400.  Usually closer to $325. This October it is costing us over $1,000.

That’s crazy.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

Been to Roatan a few times, It's  the best island in the Caribbean for diving or snorkeling. They have amazing reefs there with vibrant coral and a stunning array of bright, tropical fish.

I did not know that.  I need to do some research.   Thanks.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

I think you meant returning on 1/15? JB has two non-stops to Hartford from FLL. One at 8:10AM and 9:10PM. Not great times. SW has a 2:10 PM non stop from FLL to PVD. Sometimes I fly one airline in one direction and come back on the other.

Thanks, yes I meant January but my brain is stuck in July 😂.  I need to look again when I’m not tired.

• Like 1