Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

4 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

DH has Covid.  Thankfully his symptoms are mild.  Been a busy week though.  Getting him a newspaper before work every day, leaving work for an early lunch so he can have a hot meal  then making sure all my work is up to date every day  because the likelihood of me getting it is high and the 7 day isolation rule is still in effect here.  My boss also informed me on Day 3 that I am supposed to be wearing a mask in the office (rule apparently if your significant other is positive) something I wasn’t ware of and he had forgotten about.  DH and I will both be glad when the 7 days is over.

Hope your DH recovers quickly and you are able to avoid it. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, HBE4 said:

I wonder if Southwest is struggling more than the other airlines.  Seems like they may be cutting back on scheduled flights or routes, hence the lack of non-stop flights.

6 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Every SW flight I have been on has been packed. I don't know what their issue is. 

I think it's more a function of the current labor shortages.  Every few weeks we hear about "thousands of flights cancelled" and people stranded at airports... I imagine that Southwest is cutting back on flights because they know they don't have enough flight crew to staff all the flights that are on the books.  

Much smarter to reduce the flights offered and keep the remaining flights fully staffed than to have your company's name splashed across the media for cancelling hundreds of flights due to not having enough personnel and stranding passengers all across the country.  

• Like 8

8 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

DH has Covid.  Thankfully his symptoms are mild.  Been a busy week though.  Getting him a newspaper before work every day, leaving work for an early lunch so he can have a hot meal  then making sure all my work is up to date every day  because the likelihood of me getting it is high and the 7 day isolation rule is still in effect here.  My boss also informed me on Day 3 that I am supposed to be wearing a mask in the office (rule apparently if your significant other is positive) something I wasn’t ware of and he had forgotten about.  DH and I will both be glad when the 7 days is over.

I'm sorry to hear your husband has tested positive.

I hope his symptoms stay mild and you don't catch it.

• Thanks 1

Good morning.

It is currently raining and 57°F here in North East England.

It is a sad day as it is 14 years today since Pauline's lovely dad died.

We will go to the remembrance room at the crematorium later to leave a message and see his name in the remembrance book.

I hope everyone is well today and have a great day. 

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

Would it take you very long to drive or do you usually go out of this airport anyway?

It is about a 25 minute drive to PVD and about 1hr 20 min to BDL. I prefer PVD but pricing and flight times weigh into which airport I use.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Yes, I absolutely love Jewel and her Sister Serenade.   Our favorites.  Love this size, all the windows and the fact that chops and giovannis actually have large oceanview windows.  Schnooners too!

I personally would pick this sailing with the ABC islands over Harmony with the ac islands.

We like the extended balconies on deck 7 located aft or forward.  Here are photos I think from cabin 7058.

You get regular size balcony with privacy dividers then get extended 3 or 4 feet. 20200129_142232.thumb.jpg.2af3ab2dcfe62814cdb43d5c4cdda3aa.jpg20200129_142241.thumb.jpg.a6ef82f1d8319bcd762f6a0a0cdd8857.jpg

We did Jewel to the ABC Islands, think it was Jan2019. Great cruise, one of our favourite 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I did not know that.  I need to do some research.   Thanks.

We did a snorkel excursion in Roatan called Jolly Roger.  It was good.  Not nearly as good as Woodwind in Bonaire (still the best snorkel excursion we've ever done) but worth doing.  Woodwind had better snorkeling and food, and a smaller boat, but Jolly Roger had a better party atmosphere (music and drinks) after snorkeling.  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Been to Roatan a few times, It's  the best island in the Caribbean for diving or snorkeling. They have amazing reefs there with vibrant coral and a stunning array of bright, tropical fish.

We always do the dolphin encounter it’s the best we have ever done

• Like 2

What can I say?  Another 8 days of 100+ temps except for tomorrow when it "only" reaches 98.

@Sunshine3601 Debbie, good luck on your new job!  Always exciting to get involved in a new venture.

@grapau27Graham on this sad day for Pauline, I hope she is comforted by her wonderful, although bittersweet memories of her dad.  Your lunch looks amazing.

My PT is going great.  I now can "walk" with the aid of a walker inside our apt.  On Monday, it might be extended to the whole building.  By the end of next week, hopefully, I can ditch this wheelchair to the curb.  Not sure how long I will need the walker but to me it's independence.  Pain after therapy yesterday was minimal and I had a wonderful night sleep for the first time in weeks.  No happy pills!  For now I am cautiously optimistic.  

• Like 17
  • Thanks 2

32 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

Pain after therapy yesterday was minimal and I had a wonderful night sleep for the first time in weeks.  No happy pills!  For now I am 6283678cautiously optimistic.  

Any Kraken?

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

32 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

What can I say?  Another 8 days of 100+ temps except for tomorrow when it "only" reaches 98.

@Sunshine3601 Debbie, good luck on your new job!  Always exciting to get involved in a new venture.

@grapau27Graham on this sad day for Pauline, I hope she is comforted by her wonderful, although bittersweet memories of her dad.  Your lunch looks amazing.

My PT is going great.  I now can "walk" with the aid of a walker inside our apt.  On Monday, it might be extended to the whole building.  By the end of next week, hopefully, I can ditch this wheelchair to the curb.  Not sure how long I will need the walker but to me it's independence.  Pain after therapy yesterday was minimal and I had a wonderful night sleep for the first time in weeks.  No happy pills!  For now I am cautiously optimistic.  

Thank you Bonnie.

I tried to make Roy's memory special for Pauline.

IMG-20220729-WA0003.jpg

IMG_20220729_155405.jpg

IMG_20220729_155748.jpg

• Like 15

1 hour ago, George C said:

We always do the dolphin encounter it’s the best we have ever done

I don't recommend Dolphin Encounters anymore, some people think it is cruel to keep the Dolphins  in pens and having people touching them and riding them.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1