Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

49 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

It think it was the Greek orzo salad. His whiffers were really going. The salad has only feta cheese crumbles. It was really good. I posted the recipe in an earlier post.

https://www.simplyscratch.com/greek-orzo-salad/

Every Sunday we order pizza and a Greek salad with feta, when Shelagh works from home I make her a egg white omelette with Feta.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

We board her on December 31st, maybe you want a NYE sailing. 😁😠🎉🥳🍾🪩

I’m sure that would be great fun!  We always go to our daughter’s house in PA for New Years.  They don’t want to travel up here for Christmas as long as Santa’s still a thing for the kids, so we celebrate “second” Christmas and New Years with them. 

17 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

We should make it a mini Bella’s cruise.

Maybe!  

Thanks to all for your input on Jewel & Radiance class.  It’s going to be a tough call between the two.  Andy thinks I’ve gone off the rails a bit LOL.  We have two Disney trips coming up in August & September, Voyager cruise in November, Bella’s cruise in March with extra time in FL pre-cruise thrown in, an NCL cruise with friends in June and Disney next August with the whole family.  My response “YOLO”!

• Like 13

5 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

I’m sure that would be great fun!  We always go to our daughter’s house in PA for New Years.  They don’t want to travel up here for Christmas as long as Santa’s still a thing for the kids, so we celebrate “second” Christmas and New Years with them. 

Maybe!  

Thanks to all for your input on Jewel & Radiance class.  It’s going to be a tough call between the two.  Andy thinks I’ve gone off the rails a bit LOL.  We have two Disney trips coming up in August & September, Voyager cruise in November, Bella’s cruise in March with extra time in FL pre-cruise thrown in, an NCL cruise with friends in June and Disney next August with the whole family.  My response “YOLO”!

I was looking at flights to Ft. Lauderdale. I don't know what is up with Southwest lately. Just about everything coming and going stops in Baltimore. They used to have great non-stop times. They seem to be using Baltimore as a hub now. I don't like it.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Arzeena said:

Greg,
Is that the Orzo salad (you mentioned in earlier posts) in your picture with Charlie? It looks so good!

Yes that it. The recipe that I made for Saturday's dinner party makes a large amount and the leftovers are good for 5 days. It's a easy recipe and has a homemade dressing. So good.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I was looking at flights to Ft. Lauderdale. I don't know what is up with Southwest lately. Just about everything coming and going stops in Baltimore. They used to have great non-stop times. They seem to be using Baltimore as a hub now. I don't like it.

Pushing you towards MCO I'll bet

@Ocean Boy Look into flights going to West Palm Beach (PBA). It is about an hour drive from Ft Lauderdale. You could rent a car,Uber/Lyft or reserve another car service.

We are booked on Southwest for this coming October. We were able to find a direct  flight to West Palm at a decent time of day. It was the only non-stop flight available. 

I do agree, many flights are directed to Baltimore, making the trip to FL unnecessarily  long  such,as a 7 hour trip!

MJ🙋🏻

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

That is so cool. I shot a interview with him. A very nice guy. Great picture of you!!…

Did you notice his hands? They were HUGE!

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

That sucks.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

It doesn’t seem to matter where you are going either.  We have flights to Boston from Pittsburgh for our October cruise, and we have a stop in Baltimore both going and returning.  No non stop flights. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Today is my daughter’s 15 year anniversary,

Happy 15th Anniversary to your daughter.

7 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Wow! Amazing someone was not seriously hurt. Looks like the mooring lines were not tight and the ship drifted away from the pier.

Greg, my thoughts exactly. More like the gangways literally fell off the edge of the pier as the ship moved away.

6 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

This morning I found out that my good friends wife passed away.I was shocked to hear this.She was a very nice person .

Sorry for the loss of your friends wife. May she Rest In Peace.

Edited by cruisingpeople
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

It doesn’t seem to matter where you are going either.  We have flights to Boston from Pittsburgh for our October cruise, and we have a stop in Baltimore both going and returning.  No non stop flights. 

I though SW business model was based on hubs.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, cruisingpeople said:

Greg, my thoughts exactly. More like the gangways literally fell off the edge of the pier as the ship moved away.

26 minutes ago, cruisingpeople said:

Thank you

48 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

Happy Anniversary to your daughter.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, George C said:

Joebob has wanted more attention from us since he is our only cat .

image.thumb.jpeg.5b56252f92dbe9527745949b16d23235.jpeg

We have noticed the same thing about our Marcel since we lost Miss Priss last year.  He follows us around from room to room and wants more petting, and we are happy to oblige.  Joebob is a beautiful kitty.

• Like 8