Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

28 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Word must be getting around. 

The CEO is on a 100 cities tour to promote the brand. They have been selling out fast. I hope you can get a bottle. It's really good.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Keksie said:

Yesterday was a success.  I drove two skunks and 5 opossums in my car to a release site for an hour without incident!  My husband was sure the skunks would spray inside my car.  LOL

My Mom did that many years ago.  She trapped one that had been living under her house, and when she found out animal control was going to put it down, she loaded the cage in her car and drove it up into the foothills and released it.  Never a spray. 😂

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Interesting thread over on the Norwegian side of Pearl hitting a fishing boat early this morning. 

Thank you for this.  The video has apparently been removed and someone posted that anytime a post shows up on F B, it is immediately removed.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

I stopped earlier today in our local ABC Liquor store to restock on "supplies".  While there, I asked about Uncle Nearest whiskey.  The manager said that they normally stock it but were currently out of stock because their supplier is also out of stock.  Word must be getting around. 

I had a very successful day shopping, total wine had my Johnny Walker Gold, bought two bottles and a couple other bottles from my birthday gift card . Then our supermarket Kroger’s has 25 percent off wines so I bought a dozen misc bottles mostly Cabernet and Chardonnay. Also got a 55 inch sony for our bedroom, Best Buy will install that next week, getting a wall mount for the first time. 

• Like 12

9 hours ago, Keksie said:

This is the generator we have.  We currently have a very small propane tank to run the range only.  I didn't want a big propane tank so this is what we went with.  Roger always has all his tractors filled with gas so we would have enough to run it for a long time.  We had an electrician install a place to plug it in and make sure that it won't hurt anyone working on the lines.  It will power both frigs, air conditioner, electronics, hot water heater and lights.  If we need to do laundry we can turn off the air conditioner while we do a tub.  It is enough to get us by during an extended outage.  

This is exactly the same type of set up we have with our generator.    I think ours is 7500 watts and found it was more than sufficient in running everything we have connected.        The longest we have to had to run it is almost 2 to 3 WEEKS after Hurricane Sandy.    Our neighborhood was disaster and it took forever for Peco toget us back up and running.    Most of us were without cell phones due to towers being done, etc etc etc.     Dish satellite TV saved us from boredom.    It worked every day.     while others sat around for weeks with no comcast xfinity or fios.   There was a very limited amount of gas stations that were open with their generators running the pumps.    Everyone was there filling up gas cans on a regular basis.   

We were thrilled that we got this generator delivered the day before Sandy hit.    We have used numerous times and it is a life saver.     We also connect (via long extension power cord) to my neighbors house so her fridge, lights and sump pumps in basement are working.   

Our generator would need to be refilled approx. every 12 hours.    Right now I do not remember how many gallons it holds but we have 6 or 7 gas cans in the shed that we rotate and try to make sure we have at least a couple filled at all times (just in case). 

Highly recommend having some type of generator!

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

That headline is ridiculous.  The fishing boat hit the cruise ship, the cruise ship did not hit the fishing boat.

Talk about ridiculous, on the cc thread where it’s talked about, someone stated the Pearl sailed right over the top of the fishing boat 🙄.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

54 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

This is exactly the same type of set up we have with our generator.    I think ours is 7500 watts and found it was more than sufficient in running everything we have connected.        The longest we have to had to run it is almost 2 to 3 WEEKS after Hurricane Sandy.    Our neighborhood was disaster and it took forever for Peco toget us back up and running.    Most of us were without cell phones due to towers being done, etc etc etc.     Dish satellite TV saved us from boredom.    It worked every day.     while others sat around for weeks with no comcast xfinity or fios.   There was a very limited amount of gas stations that were open with their generators running the pumps.    Everyone was there filling up gas cans on a regular basis.   

We were thrilled that we got this generator delivered the day before Sandy hit.    We have used numerous times and it is a life saver.     We also connect (via long extension power cord) to my neighbors house so her fridge, lights and sump pumps in basement are working.   

Our generator would need to be refilled approx. every 12 hours.    Right now I do not remember how many gallons it holds but we have 6 or 7 gas cans in the shed that we rotate and try to make sure we have at least a couple filled at all times (just in case). 

Highly recommend having some type of generator!

I really want to get solar panels with a large battery don’t trust the state of Texas .

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

That headline is ridiculous.  The fishing boat hit the cruise ship, the cruise ship did not hit the fishing boat.

Exactly. Look at the bow of the fishing boat. There is only one way to make that dent. The bow hit Pearl.

• Like 3

Our son-in-law’s pizza oven was killed by salt spray so he had one built in Texas that should hold up to anything. 
The fun was getting it to the outdoor part of the summer kitchen. 
The next door neighbors weren’t home to see how close it got to their house. 

A667575C-9AB0-4A15-92B7-9B51813AFD0E.png

• Like 6

I am seriously behind by about 20 pages, so I spent some time skimming while grilling diner tonight. 

Teriyaki vegetables cooked on the grill

CDFB5A51-B429-487E-8133-9F0C39ADA3B3.thumb.jpeg.57952cc1fc57d789c70e1ad50cc15918.jpeg

Add some teriyaki chicken

075C0C82-F401-4209-A6FE-3119843BDCFA.thumb.jpeg.dc7aac239d32125a23ce7f693f79ce70.jpeg

Served up with side of rice and some Miso soup made a tasty meal. 

• Like 12