Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

7 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Thank you for the anniversary wishes @grapau27 Graham, @dani negreanu Dani, @Sunshine3601 Debbie, @Lionesss Sue, and @A&L_Ont Andrew.

It will not be the anniversary celebration we had planned.  We have all 3 grandkids today, because our daughter is in for a medical procedure.  Our celebration will have to wait.   Out for breakfast with the grands, then will see what this day holds for us and the kids.

Happy anniversary

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, George C said:

Norway had great entertainment, I took 3 cruises in a 12 month period, on one they had just changed casts for PT Barnum and lead guy kept falling off the tightrope luckily it wasn’t up that high, saw Shirley Jones and many other great acts . 

The tightrope is what I remember the most from  that show. 
It was strung across the stage and the guy walked it with no wobbles. 
What amazed me then and still does is that there were barf bags tucked into all the handrails and we were rolling and pitching so bad we were holding onto our seats. Old time cruising!

• Like 5

Thanks everyone for playing along. Number two had the most votes. I am going to alternate that one with the current picture you see in my avatar.

With my cruises coming up. I'd like for people if they see me to come up and say hi. 

• Like 15

1 hour ago, Lionesss said:

I have started a THREAD on our upcoming ALLURE OF THE SEAS cruise starting this Saturday.

Can be found here:

We’re sailing on Allure on the 20th. I hope I hope!

Looking forward to reading your posts. Allure is new to us but love the Oasis class. 

🤞🤞🤞fingers crossed for y’all and for us. And all the other August cruisers. 

• Like 8

4 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Made Smash Burgers for Tonight with tomatoes from our Garden.

Resized_20220802_165816.jpeg

20220731_181150.jpg

20220801_161600.jpg

We tried smash burgers on Friday- they’re really good!

I was surprised at the cost of a cast iron griddle for the barbecue, but it’s cast iron- one of the kids can inherit it!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

Thanks everyone for playing along. Number two had the most votes. I am going to alternate that one with the current picture you see in my avatar.

With my cruises coming up. I'd like for people if they see me to come up and say hi. 

Number 2 was my pick.

The big eyes did it.

Great new avatar Greg.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

I told my Wife we don't need to go to Five Guys anymore now, they were that good................I then said oh we still have to go for the Fries 🙂

Yeah if you could figure out how to do their fries that would be a winner...winner....hamburger dinner.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

I told my Wife we don't need to go to Five Guys anymore now, they were that good................I then said oh we still have to go for the Fries 🙂

1 minute ago, Sea Dog said:

Yeah if you could figure out how to do their fries that would be a winner...winner....hamburger dinner.

First time I've heard about Five Guys was here... Then, I've noticed the name in the food hall in Dubai's greatest mall. Exactly my kind of fries 😉

So when I saw them again in Placa Catalunya, I knew where we'll have dinner....😁 

• Like 10

2 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Great idea!   I like the new avatar/photo😀

• Like 1

12 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Forty-two years ago today I was doing something I have never done since.  I was headed to Pittsburgh for an overnight stay, then flying out in the morning for a same day flight for my first ever cruise.  It is a good thing airlines were more reliable then. 

Susan and I were sailing on the eighth sailing of the SS Norway, which was the largest cruise ship at the time.  We sailed to St. Thomas and Little San Salvador. 

DD55BA94-2FF8-4B27-B0AB-76823A891B86.thumb.jpeg.ca9875825a9f933c37d2d175671fd911.jpeg

Now those were lifeboats

AC4262FA-D12E-491C-A170-1EE52A3D5330.thumb.jpeg.40ab28cc8baaacf0074ad82942711fec.jpeg

We couldn’t fly down the day before, because August 2nd we were too busy getting married.  I guess I have never done that since, either. 😏

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY, MARK & SUSAN!!!

Wishing you many, many years of happiness!!

Jim and my very first cruise was on the SS Norway, back in 1983😊

Jim and my first time on a cruise ship was on the SS Norway, back in 1983!

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Some self portraits. Which one do you like the best?

Pic 1

266250368_SeaDog1.thumb.png.79a3c0078022fd327eb11a2089726949.png

Pic 2

1832009243_SeaDog2.thumb.png.6d243a69e95049425ab3e2a3a7157edd.png

Pic 3

1468724681_SeaDog3.thumb.png.fa02f1de8a1a37f6a8511d8cd1374059.png

Pic 4

103475094_SeaDog4.thumb.png.3744ccdeb0a27cf539ed9bca84b0e5e7.png

Figured I would need a backup in case I get in trouble for copyright on my usual image.

• Like 1