Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

12 hours ago, Keksie said:

Happy Anniversary.  Have a wonderful day!

Thank you very much.

10 hours ago, George C said:

SS Norway was one of my all time favorite ships , sailed her 7 times including my honeymoon, was the biggest cruise ship at one time. 

We have fond memories of that ship.  I remember saying it reminded me of the titanic, minus the sinking part.  

10 hours ago, MJSailors said:

@h20skibumHappy anniversary to you and your dear wife ! 🥂

Enjoy the day celebrating with the grandkids!

MJ🙋🏻

Thank you.  It was not the celebration we had planned, but we will get time later.  Probably on the next cruise.

10 hours ago, akcruz said:

@h20skibum Happy Anniversary

Thank you!

10 hours ago, helen haywood said:

We sailed on the SS Norway, formerly the SS France.  I remember it extremely well!!  When we set out the first evening I could tell the difference between modern cruise ships with stabilizers versus ocean liners.  My, my!  The pitching and rolling!  I tried to hang up my clothes but kept nearly crashing into walls.  Finally hung them up in the air and staggered off to bed.  The next morning we saw a whole rail in the hallway had been wrenched off!  

It was a Big Band cruise and I was amazed how well the dancers could adjust themselves to a non self leveling dance floor!

With the hurricane during our sailing, we had 40 foot waves, so there was a lot of movement. We still have a lot of the newspaper clippings about it in our marriage book.

9 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Have a spectacular anniversary with your sweet grands.

Thank you.  We are enjoying our time with them.

8 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Happy Anniversary to you both!  Looking at the pictures you posted of the ship I can’t imagine sailing through a storm, let alone a hurricane in something that size (compared to modern ships).  How did the ship handle it?

A lot more movement than an Oasis class, that’s for sure.   The captain did an excellent job of avoiding the worst of the storm.

7 hours ago, cruisingpeople said:

HAPPY

ANNIVERSARY

MARK & SUSAN

Thank you!

6 hours ago, jagsfan said:

Happy Anniversary!

What a marvelous honeymoon you had. Wasn’t she a wonderful ship?

And great entertainment. Jim Nabors was the entertainer on one of my cruises. 
Norway may have been the first ship to do Broadway musicals. I remember Meet Me in St Louis and PT Barnum. 
The funny thing was that I would  swear every cabin was a different size or shape. 
That was before they built them in a factory and hoisted them onto the ship. 
Thanks for posting the photo.  Norway was so beautiful!

It was a great ship.  We had Bobby Goldsboro as our entertainer onboard.  I can’t believe how many suits I took on that cruise.  Looking back at the photos, everyone was dressed to the nines back then.  No shorts in the dining rooms.

Part two of our honeymoon was a post cruise trip to Walt Disney World.

6 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

+2

Thank you for the anniversary wishes.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

Pretty high compliment considering what you are capable of producing.

I forgot to share photos of the deep-fried panzorottis we had with red sauce the other day. I know it is in pizza, but it should warm up your heart.😋

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I hope your DD is okay and her procedure goes well with full recovery in her future.     

6 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Hopefully everything will go well with your daughters medical procedure.

Unfortunately, the news today was not good.  We will know more next week.

6 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Happy anniversary

Thank you!

6 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

@h20skibumHope your daughter feels better🤞

Thank you.  We are hoping for the best.

2 hours ago, Luckynana said:

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY, MARK & SUSAN!!!

Wishing you many, many years of happiness!!

Jim and my very first cruise was on the SS Norway, back in 1983😊

Jim and my first time on a cruise ship was on the SS Norway, back in 1983!

It still had that new ship smell in 1980.  I remember all the teak that they were constantly cleaning.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

Thank you!

It still had that new ship smell in 1980.  I remember all the teak that they were constantly cleaning.

Sorry to hear that.Praying that things will get better.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, jagsfan said:

Happy Anniversary!

What a marvelous honeymoon you had. Wasn’t she a wonderful ship?

And great entertainment. Jim Nabors was the entertainer on one of my cruises. 
Norway may have been the first ship to do Broadway musicals. I remember Meet Me in St Louis and PT Barnum. 
The funny thing was that I would  swear every cabin was a different size or shape. 
That was before they built them in a factory and hoisted them onto the ship. 
Thanks for posting the photo.  Norway was so beautiful!

We were fortunate enough to sail the beautiful SS Norway 3 times.   And every cabin was different!!  One cabin we had was not only a large bedroom, but a huge bathroom with a big claw foot tub.  It was amazing how large the bathroom was!!

And they had a crazy hallway with a porthole window that looked into the pool.   So weirdly amazing.

Best of all was the Roman Spa in the lower decks of the ships.   It was an amazing space.

Edited by Gardener5b
  • Like 5

2 minutes ago, Gardener5b said:

We were fortunate enough to sail the beautiful SS Norway 3 times.   And every cabin was different!!  One cabin we had was not only a large bedroom, but a huge bathroom with a big claw foot tub.  It was amazing how large the bathroom was!!

And they had a crazy hallway with a porthole window that looked into the pool.   So weirdly amazing.

Best of all was the Roman Spa in the lower decks of the ships.   It was an amazing space.

I would like to have experienced a true ocean liner.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Ocean Boy said:

I would like to have experienced a true ocean liner.

It was definitely our favorite ship.   We tend to prefer the older or smaller ships.   The SS Norway was one of a kind.   On one sailing, there was a pretty strong tropical storm.   Lots of rocking and rolling.  We were the only ship that made it back into port on time.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, singinalot said:

we are all checked in for our flights to Paris tomorrow. i’m a bit nervous that the airport agents will be flustered because of the restrictions changing last minute, but my fingers are crossed.

there has been a lot going on with us, thus my lack of posts here lately, but know I’ve been lurking and try to catch up as much as possible!

we held a 60th bday party for one of our neighbors this weekend and I was in charge of the charcuterie 

4C275C61-0AC9-48AA-AC5A-5616713D766F.thumb.jpeg.3a6949c0db5062d592bbbee1d6baaec7.jpeg

2D366A04-0633-4238-9F58-7209854166CC.thumb.jpeg.792f41bda91c9ef31c12ae32b46184e6.jpeg

I also accepted a job offer and will start at the end of the month…i’ll be enjoying the last of my summer before then!

Food looks amazing.   Safe travels, hope you have a wonderful trip.

And Congratulations on your new job too!😀

2 minutes ago, Gardener5b said:

It was definitely our favorite ship.   We tend to prefer the older or smaller ships.   The SS Norway was one of a kind.   On one sailing, there was a pretty strong tropical storm.   Lots of rocking and rolling.  We were the only ship that made it back into port on time.

As a single on the SS Norway the woman outnumber the guys 2 to 1 which was fine with me  , when sovereign came out we would switch from one to the other . 

2 hours ago, singinalot said:

we are all checked in for our flights to Paris tomorrow. i’m a bit nervous that the airport agents will be flustered because of the restrictions changing last minute, but my fingers are crossed.

there has been a lot going on with us, thus my lack of posts here lately, but know I’ve been lurking and try to catch up as much as possible!

we held a 60th bday party for one of our neighbors this weekend and I was in charge of the charcuterie 

4C275C61-0AC9-48AA-AC5A-5616713D766F.thumb.jpeg.3a6949c0db5062d592bbbee1d6baaec7.jpeg

2D366A04-0633-4238-9F58-7209854166CC.thumb.jpeg.792f41bda91c9ef31c12ae32b46184e6.jpeg

I also accepted a job offer and will start at the end of the month…i’ll be enjoying the last of my summer before then!

This looks amazing.

Have fun on your vacation. I love Paris.

Congrats on the new job. Let us know all about it when you have time.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Made Smash Burgers for Tonight with tomatoes from our Garden.

Resized_20220802_165816.jpeg

20220731_181150.jpg

20220801_161600.jpg

That’s a tomato! The ones I buy are like they have  the little white plastic gizmo we used to put into the middle of 45 speed records so they’d fit the spindle. 
They taste like them, too. 
Yours is gorgeous!

Edited by jagsfan
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

Thank you!

Sending positive thoughts along with hugs and prayers for you and your Daughter🙏🦋    (I put a butterfly because my Mom always told me they brought me good luck)

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Sending positive thoughts along with hugs and prayers for you and your Daughter🙏🦋    (I put a butterfly because my Mom always told me they brought me good luck)

I echo your thoughts.  The butterfly is a lovely sentiment.

@singinalotCrystal your charcuterie board looks amazing. Von Voyage on your trip(s) and best wishes on your new job.

• Like 4

Well covid finally got me.  I knew I had it when I started sniffles and a cough this afternoon.  Postive test confirmed it.  So both Jack and I are using up tissues non stop.  Jack is feeling better and seems to be at the tail end unless he rebounds like President Biden.  So far no fever and his symptoms are lessening.  Maybe it's the covid meds he's taking.  We're both thankful we'll be ok for our kids visit on August 20.  At least I hope so!

So, we're drinking lots of water and hitting the tylenol bottle. Of course, not the bottle of choice!  😄

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Bailey & Sophie said:

This chef is a JERK. It’s a good thing the guests can't hear what he says about them.

Sometimes I start to feel sympathy for him due to his family losses but then his mouth just makes me think he is an arrogant a$$.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Bailey & Sophie said:

This chef is a JERK. It’s a good thing the guests can't hear what he says about them.

Ah yes, I just remembered the chef as we have already see this season in Canada. Total A Class Jerk. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

Well covid finally got me.  I knew I had it when I started sniffles and a cough this afternoon.  Postive test confirmed it.  So both Jack and I are using up tissues non stop.  Jack is feeling better and seems to be at the tail end unless he rebounds like President Biden.  So far no fever and his symptoms are lessening.  Maybe it's the covid meds he's taking.  We're both thankful we'll be ok for our kids visit on August 20.  At least I hope so!

So, we're drinking lots of water and hitting the tylenol bottle. Of course, not the bottle of choice!  😄

Hopefully the symptoms remain mild.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1