Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

5 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

Well covid finally got me.  I knew I had it when I started sniffles and a cough this afternoon.  Postive test confirmed it.  So both Jack and I are using up tissues non stop.  Jack is feeling better and seems to be at the tail end unless he rebounds like President Biden.  So far no fever and his symptoms are lessening.  Maybe it's the covid meds he's taking.  We're both thankful we'll be ok for our kids visit on August 20.  At least I hope so!

So, we're drinking lots of water and hitting the tylenol bottle. Of course, not the bottle of choice!  😄

Hang in there. I hope you feel better soon.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/1/2022 at 11:51 AM, Ocean Boy said:

On the news this morning they showed pictures of the Gem not Pearl. However, I think sometimes news networks just use stock photos with total disregard for the actual ship and at times even the actual cruise line. The fishing boat appeared to have a dented bow as if it sailed right into the cruise liner. Of course, thst is assuming they even showed to correct fishing boat.

They often do use stock photos and it drives Mike crazy when they do it with planes.

On 8/1/2022 at 7:51 PM, George C said:

I really want to get solar panels with a large battery don’t trust the state of Texas .

We got solar panels several years ago, but didn’t get the battery. It’s expensive. The solar panels and the metal roof was bad enough.

@Sea DogI’ll keep an eye on my Voyager cruise and let you know.

Edited by ReneeFLL
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

I am usually on my second cup of coffee by then, and I don’t work. 😳

My wife gets up before 5am so she can go to camp galidator to work out she then leaves for work about 8 am and I am normally still in bed. 

• Like 4

Got an invite at work today for a Christmas in July ( it’s planned for August) party onsite. My two closest in proximity colleagues are off sick for the next 7 days with Covid and several others are wearing masks due to family members currently positive.  Seems Covid has finally reached our office.  I suspect the party might be delayed to our usual Christmas at Christmas party.  We shall see.

• Like 7

7 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Sorry to read this. Share whatever you are comfortable with when the time is right.

@h20skibum, Mark & Susan,  🤞 + 1

@BonTexasNY, Bonnie, hopefully you'll "weather" it well. It seems quite inevitable now days 😢

@singinalot, C&N, safe travels, enjoy every second, and congrats on the new job. I'll be following you 😘

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Definitely not used to getting up at 5:30 am.    I have been trying to go to bed earlier than 11/11:30 pm but I end up laying there awake.    

Glad you're enjoying your new job.  When I  was working I was up at 3.30 to start my shift at the airport at 5.30.  Could never sleep, sometimes only getting 2 or 3 hours sleep. But it was only two earlys in a six day rotation .

Now I  find listening to my audible book with a time limit of 30 min, I'm often asleep within a few minutes 

Edited by sgmn
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, singinalot said:

we are all checked in for our flights to Paris tomorrow. i’m a bit nervous that the airport agents will be flustered because of the restrictions changing last minute, but my fingers are crossed.

there has been a lot going on with us, thus my lack of posts here lately, but know I’ve been lurking and try to catch up as much as possible!

we held a 60th bday party for one of our neighbors this weekend and I was in charge of the charcuterie 

4C275C61-0AC9-48AA-AC5A-5616713D766F.thumb.jpeg.3a6949c0db5062d592bbbee1d6baaec7.jpeg

2D366A04-0633-4238-9F58-7209854166CC.thumb.jpeg.792f41bda91c9ef31c12ae32b46184e6.jpeg

I also accepted a job offer and will start at the end of the month…i’ll be enjoying the last of my summer before then!

Wow that's amazing

Safe travels to this side of the pond . Not sure about the weather in France but its lovely here at the mo. Not too hot, but pleasantly warm and sunny.

And congrats on the job offer 👏 

Edited by sgmn
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Well covid finally got me.  I knew I had it when I started sniffles and a cough this afternoon.  Postive test confirmed it.  So both Jack and I are using up tissues non stop.  Jack is feeling better and seems to be at the tail end unless he rebounds like President Biden.  So far no fever and his symptoms are lessening.  Maybe it's the covid meds he's taking.  We're both thankful we'll be ok for our kids visit on August 20.  At least I hope so!

So, we're drinking lots of water and hitting the tylenol bottle. Of course, not the bottle of choice!  😄

Sorry to hear Bonnie, sending you best wishes for a speedy recovery and mild symptoms 🙏 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Unfortunately, the news today was not good.  We will know more next week.

So so sorry to hear this, you and your family are in my thoughts and I hope you get better news soon 🙏 

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Below Deck DU tonight. Who will be watching?

A new series started on Monday in the UK.

It started with Captain Lee in hospital after falling in the shower.

Captain Lee got back before the first guests arrived.

They are in the Caribbean.

The boat is called Siena.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Unfortunately, the news today was not good.  We will know more next week.

Thank you!

Thank you.  We are hoping for the best.

It still had that new ship smell in 1980.  I remember all the teak that they were constantly cleaning.

Sending you our prayers 🙏 for your daughter and for good news next week.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Sorry to hear you tested positive Bonnie.

Hopefully your symptoms are minimal and you are both clear by August 20th when your kids visit.

Graham.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Bonnie, sorry to hear you also ended up getting it.

9 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Unfortunately, the news today was not good.  We will know more next week.…

Sad to hear this. Keeping her in my thoughts.

On 8/2/2022 at 5:44 AM, h20skibum said:

…We couldn’t fly down the day before, because August 2nd we were too busy getting married.  I guess I have never done that since, either. 😏

Happy Anniversary. Wished I had started sailing back then to be on such a beautiful ship.

17 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

@ArzeenaEverything is going great!   I am very happy with the people and so far I am just learning their system (computers, etc.) but I am pretty sure I made a good decision in coming here.     Thank you for asking!!!

Glad to hear you are liking the new job.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Bonnie,  happy to hear Jack is feeling better.   Hopefully your symptoms remain mild and no rebound for anyone as you sure deserve a nice family visit with grandkids and lots of hugs😍🦋🦋

Edited by Sunshine3601
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1