Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

When I posted the couple pictures of the SS Norway yesterday, I noticed I had photos of a couple other old ships we saw on that cruise.  Sorry for the grainy nature of the photos, but these were converted from slides.

Royal Caribbean Song of Norway

PICT5097.thumb.JPG.efa821930cbe10e27582db3f111b2042.JPG

The original Carnival Mardi Gras

PICT5100.thumb.JPG.a834f941d6e6da821a972c941eddaec1.JPG

I cant believe how small some of those were.

The teak decks on the Norway.

PICT5119.thumb.JPG.cfebfc776a3f449174db2f1048a78363.JPG

The bridge of the Norway

PICT5134.thumb.JPG.80bc0edd19435746db906cc659b59f93.JPG

Tempting to see what Maximum is

PICT5135.thumb.JPG.d0efdfb4ade544d27a88ed3f024349f9.JPG

Those continue to bring back some good memories.

Today, we are taking the grandkids to learn about corn.  It is supposed to hit 90 today, so boating may figure in our afternoon plan.

• Like 16

12 hours ago, singinalot said:

thanks all!

a week in France followed by a week on Crete 🥰

France was originally requiring we fill out an online locator form as well as test within 48 hours prior to arrival, but they dropped that yesterday.

I would love to post a trip report but haven’t figured out where to do so yet 😊

We have to fill out an ArrivCAN for our cruise to NE/Canada.  My Chromebook wouldn't download for me yesterday while filling in our info, and the app isn't the best.  From what I read somewhere?? Canada will be ending this requirement on the 30th of Sept.  Our cruise starts on the 29th.  Aargh!

Have a great time on your vacay, Crystal and Nate!

• Like 5

11 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Sending positive thoughts along with hugs and prayers for you and your Daughter🙏🦋    (I put a butterfly because my Mom always told me they brought me good luck)

@h20skibumprayers and healing thoughts for your daughter 🙏🙏🙏

• Like 2

13 hours ago, dbancroft said:

Sorry @Arzeenathat you had to cancel Aug 5th on Oasis we take our covid tests tomorrow so fingers crossed.

Have a wonderful cruise! Good luck for negative.🤞
It has been two weeks since I got it and recovered, but we just didn't want to cruise this close.  
I believe I have cruised with you before because I recognize your screen name from Explorer (?) and Anthem (?) roll calls.

• Like 3

Please forgive me for not quoting all of your get well posts individually. There were so many and I know I would either mess up or forget someone.  Just know that I read each one with a grateful heart, knowing we care for each other in here.

Jack feels much better and I have symptoms of a nasty cold, nothing terrible; sore throat, runny nose and a cough here and there.  

My sister has to make a supermarket run for us and leave the stuff she bought at our door and beat a hasty retreat.  So glad we moved 5 minutes from them.

• Like 17

4 hours ago, grapau27 said:

A new series started on Monday in the UK.

It started with Captain Lee in hospital after falling in the shower.

Captain Lee got back before the first guests arrived.

They are in the Caribbean.

The boat is called Siena.

I began watching Season 8 yesterday, Graham.  They are in Antigua.  We were there twice this year on different cruises.  It will be interesting to see if I have been anywhere where the guests or crew visit☺️

• Like 1

12 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Well covid finally got me.  I knew I had it when I started sniffles and a cough this afternoon.  Postive test confirmed it.  So both Jack and I are using up tissues non stop.  Jack is feeling better and seems to be at the tail end unless he rebounds like President Biden.  So far no fever and his symptoms are lessening.  Maybe it's the covid meds he's taking.  We're both thankful we'll be ok for our kids visit on August 20.  At least I hope so!

So, we're drinking lots of water and hitting the tylenol bottle. Of course, not the bottle of choice!  😄

Feel better Bonnie. Rest and lot of fluids.

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

So, after all our hard work, my daughter decided she can’t go on the cruise.  She thinks it is too soon and the kids will be missing their dad too much.  We appreciate all the hard work you guys, especially, Dani and Arzeena put in.

That is unfortunate. Sometimes a diversion, like a cruise, could be good to to get their minds temporarily off of the loss. However, she knows her family best.

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Sometimes a diversion, like a cruise, could be good to to get their minds temporarily off of the loss.

@DaniDanielle

Those were my thoughts too, since we had the same tragedy with my SIL (her husband died when he was 39, the kids were 8 and 10), and all she wanted is to travel/run away....

But, as you rightly say, everyone deals with adversity individually.

Marietta, wishing you daughter and grandkids a smooth "transition" to their "new" life.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

We are checked in! 

719847414_CheckedInandReadytoSail-edited.thumb.jpg.ab51567fc2fbab75bf45cf69bda44ed6.jpgReady to set sail on Symphony September 16th. One advantage to being on CDT is that August 3rd when we could check-in happens at 11PM. So like a hawk armed with my phone and laptop when 11pm came I was ready. About a minute after everything opened up on the app first but not on my cruise planner. I quickly nabbed the earliest slot at 10:30am and then preceded to fill in the rest of the info.

One thing that I thought was weird was in the app they wanted to take a screen shot of my passport or pick from my photo library. I had a hard time finding it so I went over to my laptop where I knew I had a copy. By then the web portion would let me check in but in the cruise planner it did not require the uploaded pic of the passport just the passport information. I do wish both would be the same. It's much easier in some ways to do everything via computer. In the end what really mattered was getting the early check in time at the terminal.

Since we purchased the "Key" (only for internet and getting on board a little earlier to do my UDP dining reservations) I'm hoping that we can arrive after 9:30 and get in the process to board. Having never sailed out of Miami how easy is the process? Do they have a separate line for suite and Key holders? Any experiences would be helpful to know.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

We are checked in! 

719847414_CheckedInandReadytoSail-edited.thumb.jpg.ab51567fc2fbab75bf45cf69bda44ed6.jpgReady to set sail on Symphony September 16th. One advantage to being on CDT is that August 3rd when we could check-in happens at 11PM. So like a hawk armed with my phone and laptop when 11pm came I was ready. About a minute after everything opened up on the app first but not on my cruise planner. I quickly nabbed the earliest slot at 10:30am and then preceded to fill in the rest of the info.

One thing that I thought was weird was in the app they wanted to take a screen shot of my passport or pick from my photo library. I had a hard time finding it so I went over to my laptop where I knew I had a copy. By then the web portion would let me check in but in the cruise planner it did not require the uploaded pic of the passport just the passport information. I do wish both would be the same. It's much easier in some ways to do everything via computer. In the end what really mattered was getting the early check in time at the terminal.

Since we purchased the "Key" (only for internet and getting on board a little earlier to do my UDP dining reservations) I'm hoping that we can arrive after 9:30 and get in the process to board. Having never sailed out of Miami how easy is the process? Do they have a separate line for suite and Key holders? Any experiences would be helpful to know.

My niece just got off symphony they loved it , there favorite restaurant was wonderland. I love the UDP. We took advantage of the 40 percent off wine bottles under 100.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, George C said:

My niece just got off symphony they loved it , there favorite restaurant was wonderland. I love the UDP. We took advantage of the 40 percent off wine bottles under 100.

Did she say if she noticed any shortages of food or drinks? How was the crew?

22 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

That is unfortunate. Sometimes a diversion, like a cruise, could be good to to get their minds temporarily off of the loss.

I've taken 9 diversional cruises since Dan passed.  And that's just what he would have wanted me to do😇  Beats sitting home feeling sad

• Like 26

7 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Did she say if she noticed any shortages of food or drinks? How was the crew?

This was there first cruise in 20 years for my niece rest of family never cruised , so in general they totally loved everything, but mdr wasn’t there favorite, which you don’t need to worry about. They loved the crew super friendly. They also loved Izumi .

• Like 3