Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, HBE4 said:

That is so awesome.  I think the longest trip  from home I've ever taken as an adult was 21 days & that didn't feel like it was long enough.

My longest non-work related trip was 21 days as well.  We visited England, Scotland, Norway and France.  It felt like a whirlwind.  We went to the Dover to experience a coastal English town for three days, then three days in London, then three days in Glasgow.  We then flew to Norway for six days. After that it was on to France for six days.  Two in Paris and four in the Normandy region.

I'd never do that again.  I tried to pack way too much in way too little time.

• Like 7

5 hours ago, Keksie said:

Kind of hard to tell but my guesses would be 1. Coopers Hawk, 2 Red Shouldered Hawk.

Thanks. It was a super overcast day so getting contrast was difficult. I had also zoomed my phone and any little shake equals blurs!

I don't think it's a Cooper's - the tail isn't long enough.

I don't think it's a Red Shoulder. This one is only black and white. No hints of red.

Here's a pic of him from a few days prior. He is gorgeous!

20221002_151758.jpg

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Ozark_Kid said:

@Sea Dog Greg,  are you doing the UDP on the next cruise?  🤔 I was thinking I will gain a bit on this upcoming cruise with the UDP.  On the Alaska cruise I lost 10 to 12 lbs and kept it off. All the activities of Alaska and then a lot less milkshakes helped.  I weighted yesterday and was another 3 pound less.  178lbs now.  I still have that belly.  I guess I will need to eat small portions..... 😆 

No we decided to change it up and just in the MDR to compare. We are doing Chef's Table on our Anniversary and then Sabor one night. I already taken off 6 pounds. I hope to at least get to 200 by next Thursday.

1 hour ago, HBE4 said:

I thoroughly enjoyed your most recent live review so much that I went back to re-read it.  You take fantastic pictures and the "right amount", unlike one of your competitors. 😉

As others said,  a live review would be welcome but if you want to kick back, relax and stay in the moment, that is perfectly fine as well.

Liberty is a sentimental favorite of mine as she was my first ever cruise, back when the ship was brand-spanking new and at the time, the largest in the world for a few months until Oasis came along. She was also my last, most recent cruise a few of years ago (pre-pandemic) and  - to bring this full circle - also my 25th wedding anniversary cruise, which I think I read somewhere that you'll be celebrating.

From what I've read, Liberty is beginning to show her age and some wear-and-tear.  As you give a fair and balanced review - pointing out negatives along with the positives - I'd be interested to read your thoughts, especially coming so soon after Symphony. 

Thank you I will do that. I really want to focus on the MDR as opposed to the UDP. I'm interested in knowing if the food is good or has gone downhill.

• Like 5

33 minutes ago, Bailey & Sophie said:

No, too dark for a Cooper's hawk.

This is a Cooper's that took up residence at our place a few years ago. 

DSCN1463.thumb.jpg.bbf65e6c3e84ab3c05e812fe9929d32a.jpg

• Like 7

24 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

No, too dark for a Cooper's hawk.

This is a Cooper's that took up residence at our place a few years ago. 

DSCN1463.thumb.jpg.bbf65e6c3e84ab3c05e812fe9929d32a.jpg

Wow. He's so beautiful! We've had a few in our neighborhood over the years. One was sitting on our back fence for quite a while. And we only live about 2 miles from downtown Minneapolis! I'm so glad they've made a strong comeback.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bailey & Sophie said:

Thanks. It was a super overcast day so getting contrast was difficult. I had also zoomed my phone and any little shake equals blurs!

I don't think it's a Red Shoulder. This one is only black and white. No hints of red.

20221002_151758.jpg

Anyone think this might be an Osprey?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

We are doing Chef's Table on our Anniversary and then Sabor one night.

Have you tried Sabor?  I haven't yet.  We will on Allure.   Trying to decide to do it for a lunch or supper.  I think we will stick with supper.  I just wish I knew if it was better than the average Mexican restaurant. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Have you tried Sabor?  I haven't yet.  We will on Allure.   Trying to decide to do it for a lunch or supper.  I think we will stick with supper.  I just wish I knew if it was better than the average Mexican restaurant. 

We did it on Harmony 3 years ago. It was very good. The made from scratch Guacamole  and Avocado Margarita's were worth it alone. I remember most of the entries to be very good maybe not fantastic but very good. I think it makes for a great lunch on a sea day. For some reason when I went to reserve it for Day 7 it was not available for lunch so we are going to have dinner there.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Ant recommendations on the best way to teather it? I am getting a heavy duty magnet mount

Sorry, but I don’t know enough about the 11 to offer a specific recommendation. In general, I prefer to loop a leash through something on the case rather than use an adhesive mount. I’m sure the adhesive is fine (lots of them on Amazon), but I’d rather trust a more direct connection. From your picture, it looks like your kit included a wrist strap that loops through the camera case somehow. If so, you can just run a small cable through the wrist strap and loop that cable around something like a balcony railing. You can probably get some small wire rope with crimp fittings and a small carabiner from your local big box hardware store and MacGyver your own. Something like this. 

Have fun with it. Can’t wait to see what you record. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

My longest non-work related trip was 21 days as well.  We visited England, Scotland, Norway and France.  It felt like a whirlwind.  We went to the Dover to experience a coastal English town for three days, then three days in London, then three days in Glasgow.  We then flew to Norway for six days. After that it was on to France for six days.  Two in Paris and four in the Normandy region.

I'd never do that again.  I tried to pack way too much in way too little time.

Wow.  I sat on a beach in Aruba.  I'm lame. But I did switch hotels halfway through. Rented a car & drove 10 minutes to the next hotel. 😊

You sure did pack in a lot. But it makes sense, as long as you are on that side of the pond, try to get as much in as possible. I'd actually like to do everything you did but maybe over 4-5 weeks.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, grapau27 said:

I'm sure everyone including myself would enjoy  that Greg but it is yours and Linda's cruise and you deserve to have your own time to enjoy your cruise together.

Maybe post a few food photos etc on here like I do which would be awesome.

Wishing you an amazing cruise.

Graham.

I’m with Graham on this . You will be celebrating your 25th anniversary and your attention should be on each other .  Linda can speak for herself, though. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, h20skibum said:

The leaves are starting to show more color here.  We took our daughter to the lake for a walk.  The doctor says she needs to keep up with exercise, even though she may not feel like it.  So we do our part to keep it up.  

It was perfect weather for walking. 

3ABD9CD6-F2C6-4BF3-BBFE-9C7846E97CB2.thumb.jpeg.95c07307ce48104c83d5facf54d8cc75.jpeg

I spent the last couple days working on my John Deere tractor, and just came in to relax, when Susan said “Mr. K. is mowing.  You should go do it for him.”  Well, Mr. K. Is 96 and walks with a cane, and his doctor has told him to stay off his tractor.  

Usually, one of our friends does the mowing for him, and we do leaves and snow removal.  But they went to Florida to check on their house, so it hadn’t been done for a week or so. 

So I went over and mowed for him.  It was nice that my wife had a nice filet waiting when I finished.  

207FAF25-AFC8-4E36-80B1-9B059DD923A9.thumb.jpeg.5bde012143025559f1f0caabe50a8281.jpeg

I see a couple drinks, and relaxing in the hot tub in my future tonight. 

A Poppies on Blue plate makes it even better!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

We were checking to see if we can fit all the suitcases in the Highlander.   Our cruise friends sold there large van.  While checking we found the clothes I have been missing for the last few weeks.  😆 I didn't fully unpack from the Hilton Head trip.  🙄

We came home from a week at a resort once and unpacked. No problems. 
The next day the resort called and asked if the drawer full of mens’ clitges was hours. 
Duck unpacked and never noticed shorts, bathing suits and tshirts missing. 
Was his suitcase only half full? Yes, but he said he didn’t weigh it, just unpacked it. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

7 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Enjoy every moment!! 

There is a very nice series of books (Commissario Brunetti) located in Venice by Donna Leon. It was magical wandering the streets and recognize some of the places mentioned in her books.

The first in the series was about a murder at the Venice Opera (La Fenice), which was the incentive to see the Barber of Seville there in February next year...

Alas, DH would prefer to cut the performance in half....😉

https://www.amazon.com/Death-Fenice-Commissario-Brunetti-Mystery-ebook/dp/B007SIV41G/ref=sr_1_2?crid=16STOFL24GLU7&keywords=donna+leon&qid=1664981200&qu=eyJxc2MiOiI1LjUzIiwicXNhIjoiNS4yMCIsInFzcCI6IjUuMDkifQ%3D%3D&s=books&sprefix=Dona+Leon%2Cstripbooks-intl-ship%2C197&sr=1-2

100% agree.

Won’t you be celebrating your 50 th anniversary, then ? How romantic is that ? Will you be there for Carnival or Valentines Day ? You must be having fun planning every detail of your trip .  We stayed in Mestre and took the train into Venice .  Such great museums and the food , you’ll have a fantastic time . 

I’ve been to Wagner operas that have lasted 4+ hours so I can see your hubby’s point of view .  

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, h20skibum said:

The leaves are starting to show more color here.  We took our daughter to the lake for a walk.  The doctor says she needs to keep up with exercise, even though she may not feel like it.  So we do our part to keep it up.  

It was perfect weather for walking. 

3ABD9CD6-F2C6-4BF3-BBFE-9C7846E97CB2.thumb.jpeg.95c07307ce48104c83d5facf54d8cc75.jpeg

I spent the last couple days working on my John Deere tractor, and just came in to relax, when Susan said “Mr. K. is mowing.  You should go do it for him.”  Well, Mr. K. Is 96 and walks with a cane, and his doctor has told him to stay off his tractor.  

Usually, one of our friends does the mowing for him, and we do leaves and snow removal.  But they went to Florida to check on their house, so it hadn’t been done for a week or so. 

So I went over and mowed for him.  It was nice that my wife had a nice filet waiting when I finished.  

207FAF25-AFC8-4E36-80B1-9B059DD923A9.thumb.jpeg.5bde012143025559f1f0caabe50a8281.jpeg

I see a couple drinks, and relaxing in the hot tub in my future tonight.

You are such a kind person.  I enjoy your posts, wishing I (and everyone else, for that matter) could be more like you.  Cheers to you and Susan, relaxing this evening.

• Like 5

This afternoon was a difficult one to be with our grandkids.  We knew it was only a matter of time before Lucy would pass on. 

She was so tiny when our daughter got her. 

0EB56326-5494-4B7B-8DAA-24E008E88659.thumb.jpeg.86692f86bf37f9e99075ceb68e94968f.jpeg

And, of course, she had grown by the time our grandkids came along, and she loved those Christmas presents. 

EC8EB82D-85B9-49FD-9E7F-F3B455B9FDAF.thumb.jpeg.eed0ea6b645274732ee940eb2f2a5e1e.jpeg

Always tolerant of getting decorated. 

1BF1A749-FA9D-474A-8DB7-E37F4894FFD8.thumb.jpeg.42e0b8b98bb89342aba7934740f5b1f8.jpeg

Many tears were shed.  RIP Lucy. 

D0197886-6079-4B31-989E-A2863816A6B0.thumb.jpeg.0648b2c94768769bb28b67c19c95f81f.jpeg

• Like 31
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, HBE4 said:

Wow.  I sat on a beach in Aruba.  I'm lame. But I did switch hotels halfway through. Rented a car & drove 10 minutes to the next hotel. 😊

You sure did pack in a lot. But it makes sense, as long as you are on that side of the pond, try to get as much in as possible. I'd actually like to do everything you did but maybe over 4-5 weeks.

That was back in 2013.  The last time I had been to Europe was the summer of 84.  After graduation I spent 2 months over there. I wanted to hit all the old sites that I remembered from that trip. I had a lot to see in a very short period of time.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Bailey & Sophie said:

20221002_151758.jpg

1 hour ago, h20skibum said:

Possible. They have a white front like that one.  This is an osprey I saw at our lake. 
E4509B07-5363-4044-A0E3-21AEA0E7B826.thumb.jpeg.e3bcaff0b9389cd231ef1f8a28303c97.jpeg

I agree with Osprey.  This one caught a fish and brought it to a tree in our back yard.  You might have to zoom in to see it under his talons.

image.thumb.jpeg.188f94ab5540bca1fd96c479636a3785.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.048419791c2289f7f1edeb6c924c1684.jpeg

• Like 6