Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, HBE4 said:

I couldn't agree more Graham.  My mother had Alzheimer disease, one of the more rare, early onset forms - early 60's - where she first lost her ability to speak coherently, followed by radical personality changes. Because her speech was reduced to gibberish, we could never determine how much long and short term memory loss there was. Despite our best efforts, my father and siblings could no longer care for her & checked her into a nursing home. The doctors said she would live only 18 months. She lasted 8 more years.

At the same time, my sisters husband had Huntington  Disease in his late 40s, which is also a degenerative brain disease.  Seeing 2 family members slowly fade away is difficult and as you said,  you only realize how bad when you are the one caring for them every days for years on end.

Ain't I just a ray of sunshine today?

Sorry to read the above.I know from personal experience how difficult that has been for you and your family.

• Thanks 1

The Dentist who has been treating my 14 year old granddaughter for many years had a massive heart attack on Saturday and died on his way to the hospital .He was 63.My granddaughter is devastated.

I just read an online obituary and it brought me to tears even though I only met him once.

• Like 2

Just now, John&LaLa said:

@lenquixote66 forgot to stop by and apologize for the sweep in Atlanta this weekend😇

Atlanta lost to the Marlins last night 4-0.The next time I can check the scores which will be tomorrow night I hope to see that they lost tonight and that the Mets won their doubleheader tonight.I said the same thing to a cousin of mine who lives in a suburb of Atlanta and is a huge fan of the team.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

The Dentist who has been treating my 14 year old granddaughter for many years had a massive heart attack on Saturday and died on his way to the hospital .He was 63.My granddaughter is devastated.

I just read an online obituary and it brought me to tears even though I only met him once.

I'm so sorry to hear this Lenny.

Sending our prayers 🙏 and condolences for his family and friends.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

Sorry to read the above.I know from personal experience how difficult that has been for you and your family.

Thank you Lenny. It's been 15 years since Sister's husband passed and 13 years for my mother. Sometimes, it feels just like yesterday.

I think this gloomy weather the past few days has put me in a gloomy mood. Heading off to re-read @Sea Dog and @bobmacliberty reviews & of course to follow @singinalot upcoming review to put me in a more sunny disposition. 🙂

• Like 9

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

Atlanta lost to the Marlins last night 4-0.The next time I can check the scores which will be tomorrow night I hope to see that they lost tonight and that the Mets won their doubleheader tonight.I said the same thing to a cousin of mine who lives in a suburb of Atlanta and is a huge fan of the team.

Sucks having to depend on someone else winning a pennant slot for you vs just winning it outright. Guess you're hoping for a collapse reminiscent of 1969. 😉

Good luck

Edited by John&LaLa

On 10/3/2022 at 4:29 AM, aussielozzie18 said:

@George C Sorry to hear of the losses of the cars and water damage that your brother experienced.  Would it be covered by insurance?

It all depends. If a home is in a flood zone and the homeowners pays extra to have flood insurance, he’s covered. 
If he doesn’t have flood insurance,  then if it is determined that the water was wind driven, he’s probably covered. 
If he is flooded, no flood insurance, and it is determined that the water was not wind driven, he is probably not covered. 
The government has a program called FEMA that helps people whom insurance will not cover. 
Anyone up on homeowners, correct me if my info is baaad!

• Like 3

So very sorry to hear that, Lenny.  That is so sad.

I went to CVS Minute Clinic last Thurs.  Was told I have Laryngitis.
Feels more like Bronchitis.  Started to feel better yesterday, but not so much at 4am.  
Was coughing during night.  Fever back this afternoon.  WTH?!

I'm supposed to go to TN on Monday.  Cousin in TN has Covid for 11 days now.  Got it while in NJ visiting her son.  If I'm still sick on Friday when I see my doc, I'll cancel and go thru my travel insurance.  If I'm feeling fine, I'll still go and make the best of it.  I was already looking at a cruise to Canda/NE at the end of this month in case TN is out. lol

LET'S GO METS!!

• Like 3

5 hours ago, HBE4 said:

Ain't I just a ray of sunshine today?

We are all here to help bring some brightness. It might not work every time, but hopefully we can help to distract you in a good way for a little while.  

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

I don't want to start a whole thread just for one question so I thought I'd ask here.  Next March will be our first time on an Oasis class ship and our first time experiencing "Royal Suite Class". We've been in a suite before but I understand that on Oasis it is different.  One question I have is about the free beverages in the  suite lounge.  Ive read on other threads that there is free beer and wine available in the suite lounge from 11 to 11.  Can you also get soda and bottled water?

6 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

I don't want to start a whole thread just for one question so I thought I'd ask here.  Next March will be our first time on an Oasis class ship and our first time experiencing "Royal Suite Class". We've been in a suite before but I understand that on Oasis it is different.  One question I have is about the free beverages in the  suite lounge.  Ive read on other threads that there is free beer and wine available in the suite lounge from 11 to 11.  Can you also get soda and bottled water?

Bottled water yes. I think yes on soda but not sure. The Suite Concierge on Ovation told us that Oasis class has stopped free drinks from 11-11 but I’ve not seen that reported elsewhere. Will believe it when I see it. 

• Like 1

The leaves are starting to show more color here.  We took our daughter to the lake for a walk.  The doctor says she needs to keep up with exercise, even though she may not feel like it.  So we do our part to keep it up.  

It was perfect weather for walking. 

3ABD9CD6-F2C6-4BF3-BBFE-9C7846E97CB2.thumb.jpeg.95c07307ce48104c83d5facf54d8cc75.jpeg

I spent the last couple days working on my John Deere tractor, and just came in to relax, when Susan said “Mr. K. is mowing.  You should go do it for him.”  Well, Mr. K. Is 96 and walks with a cane, and his doctor has told him to stay off his tractor.  

Usually, one of our friends does the mowing for him, and we do leaves and snow removal.  But they went to Florida to check on their house, so it hadn’t been done for a week or so. 

So I went over and mowed for him.  It was nice that my wife had a nice filet waiting when I finished.  

207FAF25-AFC8-4E36-80B1-9B059DD923A9.thumb.jpeg.5bde012143025559f1f0caabe50a8281.jpeg

I see a couple drinks, and relaxing in the hot tub in my future tonight. 

• Like 19

2 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

We are all here to help bring some brightness. It might not work every time, but hopefully we can help to distract you in a good way for a little while.  

Thank you!

It almost always is a good distraction. Sometimes, too good! If you know what I mean. 

*** glances at the pile of unwashed laundry ***

Eh, tomorrow is another day. 🙂

Edited by HBE4
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Sucks having to depend on someone else winning a pennant slot for you vs just winning it outright. Guess you're hoping for a collapse reminiscent of 1969. 😉

Good luck

It was fun having at least one competitive pennant race as all the other division leaders were running away with it.  Although the Yankees did their best to throw away their double-digit lead, it never got real tight.

Edited by HBE4
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

One more week until hockey season begins...  This ever hopeful but perpetually disappointed Canuck fan has great faith that this year is the year they turn things around.

It's been an eternal drought... 

My nephew bought me tickets for NY Rangers opening night next Tuesday.   Hoping they can finish what they started last year and not come crashing back to earth.

Opening against Tampa should be a nice start. 🙂

• Like 1

Aaron Judge just hit # 62 most ever in the American League and most people and reporters believe is the true home run record. We had tickets for tonight’s game and had to give them up because of a medical issue , glad our friends and New York native did attend and sent us the video . Go Yankees. 

• Like 8