Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

13 minutes ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

I think most regulars here would appreciate being missed and asked about when they disappear for a while. 

A CC regular but not on this thread has not posted in 23 days.I posted a message in the Floataway Lounge about his absence.He and I also e-mail and he has not responded to two e-mails.He is an elderly gentleman and I am worried about him as are many of the people who have responded in the Floataway Lounge.

• Like 6

21 minutes ago, George C said:

I find the food situation totally bazaar, we have done at least one cruise each of the last 6 years on celebrity always in a suite and this is by far worse food , always did at least a couple specialty restaurants , last year on Edge Fine cut was totally great way better than chops. Doing Le Petit Chef tonight . At breakfast couple with the dogs were in front of us followed by another couple , the couple after told hostess don't dare sit us close to the dogs .  

That's seems really bizarre. I wonder if you spoke to F&B Mgr or someone high up could explain what's going on. Sounds like something's not right whether it's supply chain, crew experience or something else.

3 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Sometimes, things may not translate well.  Evidently, I have called my daughter-in-law’s mother both a newspaper and a horse.  

At least they thought it was funny. 😁

LOL Mark!  That's great!😁

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, George C said:

I find the food situation totally bazaar, we have done at least one cruise each of the last 6 years on celebrity always in a suite and this is by far worse food , always did at least a couple specialty restaurants , last year on Edge Fine cut was totally great way better than chops. Doing Le Petit Chef tonight . 

17 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

That's seems really bizarre. I wonder if you spoke to F&B Mgr or someone high up could explain what's going on. Sounds like something's not right whether it's supply chain, crew experience or something else.

So sorry, @George C, that you're experiencing the same mediocre food we had on Beyond. Glad we didn't pay for any specialty dining.

Greg @Sea Dog, I've spoken with the F&B manager [when asked by sheer chance about my opinion], detailed all the missing things in Ocean View, mainly only chicken, no beef, no sea food, no fresh fish. It seems that all they've done was "dully noted"... 😢

• Like 3

Grandma in waiting. 

Christina is now in her 38th. Week.  

Her doctor asked her if she would like to be induced.  She goes. “Do I need to be induced?” He goes. “ No just giving you the option”. She goes. “No let her grow, safest place for her”. 

B3EC2E65-721B-499A-B6D2-404FB1CA33BB.thumb.jpeg.28a47eb28bea8e4caa7dec000c4a6dc9.jpeg

80267FDC-2B67-44FA-8A5E-E56CF2F1F702.thumb.jpeg.3d5d23a7a5b3282f617f735d00442073.jpeg

A79F9741-CF10-438B-85A6-9CA67A213643.thumb.jpeg.8165c7273db34cac140c796e1c7714f3.jpeg

Due date December 17. 

• Like 22

@Sunshine3601HAPPY DANCE!  HAPPY DANCE FOR DEBBIE AND ERIC GOING ON THEIR CRUISE!!!!

also, Happy Dance since you won't have to be taking that darned test to go!  YAY FOR YOU BOTH!

🛳️🛳️

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

Grandma in waiting. 

Her doctor asked her if she would like to be induced.  She goes. “Do I need to be induced?” He goes. “ No just giving you the option”. She goes. “No let her grow, safest place for her”. 

B3EC2E65-721B-499A-B6D2-404FB1CA33BB.thumb.jpeg.28a47eb28bea8e4caa7dec000c4a6dc9.jpeg

80267FDC-2B67-44FA-8A5E-E56CF2F1F702.thumb.jpeg.3d5d23a7a5b3282f617f735d00442073.jpeg

A79F9741-CF10-438B-85A6-9CA67A213643.thumb.jpeg.8165c7273db34cac140c796e1c7714f3.jpeg

Due date December 17. 

So very exciting, Sue!!!!!

BTW..sorry about your achilles tendinitis, but girl, you've been doing awesome with your walking commitment!

8 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

38th week and he suggested induction??? I can understand 41th-42th, may be, if "nature" is lazy...

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

38th week and he suggested induction??? I can understand 41th-42th, may be, if "nature" is lazy...

I agree. As long as mom and baby are fine let the baby decide when she wants to make her appearance. 

Be safe. 

• Like 5

34 minutes ago, Husky1987 said:

S&S Starlink today on Symphony

EA42E258-7976-4DAA-A00D-0F5B868C26DF.thumb.jpeg.bda96d5359d441f9874170b4babe6215.jpeg

@Sea Dog today at Coco Cay

11E28BA1-B0C0-4E5E-B0DD-11ECA6B1528B.thumb.jpeg.4d8633db97c37e914cd0c7ba8268381a.jpeg7B777D99-DF5C-466A-ABDD-132DF3E55145.thumb.jpeg.f7654b3c0ef0b9bc4ca4eb43d9b6532d.jpeg

Bravo well done and beautiful shots. Winner!!!!

27 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

So sorry, @George C, that you're experiencing the same mediocre food we had on Beyond. Glad we didn't pay for any specialty dining.

Greg @Sea Dog, I've spoken with the F&B manager [when asked by sheer chance about my opinion], detailed all the missing things in Ocean View, mainly only chicken, no beef, no sea food, no fresh fish. It seems that all they've done was "dully noted"... 😢

Hopefully your concerns will be addressed. It's good you said something. 

25 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

Grandma in waiting. 

Due date December 17. 

Beautiful pictures. Hopefully you will be a Grandmother soon. Best wishes to everyone.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

Grandma in waiting. 

Due date December 17. 

How exciting.  Lovely photos.

4 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

+ 6, Debbie & Eric, @Sunshine3601

+ 1, like the new fireplace too 

I'm quite torn between asking about our friends here, who didn't post for a while, and between thinking that we've been "together" for a long time now in this thread.... therefore,.....

hopefully "they" know by now that we're here for "them", and "they" can "come and go" whenever they feel like it.

Quite a dilemma...  What are everybody's thoughts?

1 hour ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

I think most regulars here would appreciate being missed and asked about when they disappear for a while. 

I look at it this way. If I didn’t post for a while without any prior explanation, then came back to find nothing mentioned I would probably think “gee, no one even noticed I was gone?” I think it can’t hurt to just ask.  

• Like 10

20 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

I agree.  My oldest was two weeks overdue and I was scheduled for induction on the 15th day but went into labor the night before.  My middle DD was induced at 11 days past her due date.  Youngest arrived on her own 7 days late.  I will say the induced labor went very very quick.  Not ideal for a first birth because there’s no gradual increase in intensity, it’s just BAM-hard labor.  
@Lionesss your daughter looks great!  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

I tend to agree with that.

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

A CC regular but not on this thread has not posted in 23 days.I posted a message in the Floataway Lounge about his absence.He and I also e-mail and he has not responded to two e-mails.He is an elderly gentleman and I am worried about him as are many of the people who have responded in the Floataway Lounge.

There was a gentleman that people were trying to contact on CC earlier this year, but he hadn’t posted in about 5 or 6 years, and emails were not answered.   Who knows what happened to him.  He was a model ship builder, and he kept a thread going for about 5 years, as he detailed his building of a remote control, Voyager of the Seas.  His workmanship and attention to detail was stunning.  I think a couple on here followed his work back then.   If you have never seen that thread, it is still a fascinating one to still read.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

+ 6, Debbie & Eric, @Sunshine3601

+ 1, like the new fireplace too 

I'm quite torn between asking about our friends here, who didn't post for a while, and between thinking that we've been "together" for a long time now in this thread.... therefore,.....

hopefully "they" know by now that we're here for "them", and "they" can "come and go" whenever they feel like it.

Like Deb, I would feel nobody noticed I was gone if I were away for awhile.

• Like 6

49 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

38 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

I agree. As long as mom and baby are fine let the baby decide when she wants to make her appearance. 

Be safe. 

But I say if it gets near the end of the year, do it and get that tax deduction.  But, then again, that would be close to 42 weeks.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

מצאתי שאני יכול לסמן שפה זרה, לתרגם אותה ואז אני רואה במהירות אנגלית.

Thank you all for your Anniversary wishes to me and Jack.

John, I really am flattered and impressed that you went out of your way to send us Hebrew wishes.  Jack is out running errands and will love reading your and Dani's posts as well as the English ones.

I once thanked everyone by name for something posted awhile ago on another thread.  I forgot one person who actually took offense.  At first I thought she was joking but nope, she wasn't.  So, this mass thank you will have to suffice.  Please know I think of each and every one of you individually with kindness and gratitude.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Luckynana said:

@Sunshine3601HAPPY DANCE!  HAPPY DANCE FOR DEBBIE AND ERIC GOING ON THEIR CRUISE!!!!

also, Happy Dance since you won't have to be taking that darned test to go!  YAY FOR YOU BOTH!

🛳️🛳️

Definitely doing the Happy Dance when I brought out the small luggage bag this morning and started packing my bathroom items.   

This will be our first cruise without having to test.   YAY!!!

• Like 14

5 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

IMO, I see no problem with mentioning them on a thread and doing a "wellness" check.    We all go thru stuff in life and sometimes it is just nice to know that someone is thinking about you even if you cannot respond right away for whatever reason.  😃

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1