Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Here is our newest addition...Petey

He's about 7 or 8 months old and is part Manx and domestic tabby.

We picked him up last Monday from same shelter Sparky and Eva came from.  He hid the first 2 days.  Now he won't sit still long enough for a decent photo. 20221229_071514.thumb.jpg.eee8700f3a2c0a0902ea48f2dd48b883.jpg

other than nap time.

IMG_4527.thumb.jpg.59231ce79a7ee030cd6bd9af53f64cb6.jpg

Adorable! Looks like he’s already enjoying his new home 🙂

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

Debbie, love your new kitty.  Wait until I show Valentina the pictures, she will be so jealous!!

I had no plans of getting a new kitty until 2 weeks ago Eric looked on the shelter website when I asked what he wanted for Christmas.   

Next thing I knew I was calling the shelter Monday morning when we both had off from work and we picked up Petey.

He ended up in the shelter as there had been an apartment complex fire sometime in October and he was found wandering around outside.  They held him for 60 days and noone claimed him so they put him up for adoption.

He is a real sweetie but he hates being picked up.  Hopefully he will learn to trust us and let us pick him up. 

He curls up on the sofa every night to watch TV but we haven't figured out where he is sleeping at night yet.   And boy he is a ball of energy and is getting into everything.  So far he has done well with the Christmas tree.

• Like 13

On 12/30/2022 at 9:53 AM, Luckynana said:

Feel better, Lenny.  I hope it isn't something serious.  Good that you're seeing your Dr today.

I was not physically able to get to my doctor.Instead I went to an Urgent Care Center close to where I live.The PA who I saw asked if I had the Covid vaccine and booster.Even though I replied that I had he said he would like to do two plus a flu test.All were negative.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

I am feeling a lot better ,Graham .Thank you very much for thinking about me.

That is good news Lenny.

I'm so sorry to hear your friend Bob @rkacruiserswho also posted on a floataway thread I post on passed away a few weeks ago.

Our condolences to his family and friends.

Graham.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 4

16 hours ago, jagsfan said:

I hope the doctor had some good meds to get you well quick. I think everyone is going to get it this winter, whatever it is. 
 I had it before Christmas, my daughter and granddaughter started it on the 27th. 

I fear that my problems that I had until about an hour ago were not related to anything viral but to my Parkinson’s and there is no cure for that .

38 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I'll have the lump crab-tini oysters we can share, lobster bisque and either rack of lamb or try Buffalo Tenderloin.   Thank you😁

I will have the Beef Crostini, Lobster Bisque, Surf and Turf, and the Chocolate Cake. 

I read in our small hometown newspaper that none of the restaurants are offering any New Year meal and party celebration packages.  Most are closing up at 11:00 tonight.  

8 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

That is good news Lenny.

I'm so sorry to hear your friend Bob @rkacruiserswho also posted on a floataway thread I post on passed away a few weeks ago.

Our condolences to his family and friends.

Graham.

I was not aware that Bob passed away.I was so worried about him .I just told Toby.We are both teary eyed.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MJSailors said:

Lenny- Hoping  you are feeling better today and the Dr. was able to prescribe something to alleviate your symptoms.

MJ🙋🏻

I am feeling better,MJ.The PA prescribed an antibiotic believing that due to my age and mobility issues I may get Pneumonia but I conversed with my niece who is an MD and she suggested that I wait a few days to see how I am feeling

• Like 4

1 hour ago, ReneeFLL said:

Wishing everyone a Happy New Year.

It’s 12:30 pm and Mike is still sleeping. He normally never sleeps this late. Curious if there was a problem with his flight last night to make him that tired. He was supposed to fly down to South America Thursday night, but there were problems. This is one of the texts I got from him that night. 🤬 “The airplane is brand new… 1st revenue flight, and the problems are endless.” They ended up canceling the flight so he came back home. The flight left the next morning. Glad they were able to make it back today so he is off tonight. 🥂 🍾 🎉

I could talk about this with him for hours in the Champagne Lounge!

Happy New Year to you both. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

I am feeling better,MJ.The PA prescribed an antibiotic believing that due to my age and mobility issues I may get Pneumonia but I conversed with my niece who is an MD and she suggested that I wait a few days to see how I am feeling

I agree with your niece.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Here is our newest addition...Petey

He's about 7 or 8 months old and is part Manx and domestic tabby.

We picked him up last Monday from same shelter Sparky and Eva came from.  He hid the first 2 days.  Now he won't sit still long enough for a decent photo. 20221229_071514.thumb.jpg.eee8700f3a2c0a0902ea48f2dd48b883.jpg

other than nap time.

IMG_4527.thumb.jpg.59231ce79a7ee030cd6bd9af53f64cb6.jpg

Congrats!

• Thanks 1

On 12/22/2022 at 11:04 AM, firefly333 said:

I brought the gift of covid home from allure so I cant go anywhere. My mom was really counting on me to take care of things. No such luck. Cant be around her. 

Supposed to be 10 degrees by morning but no snow, clear. 

Oh no, hope you’re feeling better. Haven’t you gotten it on the ships several times? I have been lucky and only got it once and it was on the Allure.

On 12/23/2022 at 10:12 AM, bobmacliberty said:

This is Florida:

They are so invasive here and cause a lot of damage to the sea walls. Cost us some big bucks because of them. There was one on our fence that didn’t move all day when it was in the 40’s last week.

On 12/23/2022 at 3:21 PM, A&L_Ont said:

I just came in from outside. I checked on Lucy in the barn and gave her some extra food. She wasn’t there is morning. The wind has progressively picked up and I’m just thankful we aren’t getting heavy snow. The counties near us have all the roads closed and the two major highways near us are shut for accidents. One has over 100 cars and thankfully no major injuries currently being reported. 

Current weather report. 

Lucy’s heated water dish is doing it’s job in the barn. 

8F61CA7B-2922-4430-8770-E19D666305C7.thumb.jpeg.11cfbc7859db100da82ac67e56ac793e.jpeg

Lucy needs a heated bed like Marcel has. 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I had no plans of getting a new kitty until 2 weeks ago Eric looked on the shelter website when I asked what he wanted for Christmas.   

Next thing I knew I was calling the shelter Monday morning when we both had off from work and we picked up Petey.

He ended up in the shelter as there had been an apartment complex fire sometime in October and he was found wandering around outside.  They held him for 60 days and noone claimed him so they put him up for adoption.

He is a real sweetie but he hates being picked up.  Hopefully he will learn to trust us and let us pick him up. 

He curls up on the sofa every night to watch TV but we haven't figured out where he is sleeping at night yet.   And boy he is a ball of energy and is getting into everything.  So far he has done well with the Christmas tree.

He sounds like a perfect Christmas present.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

Is that the red line that’s a no-no?

200F0E69-8BE9-4F91-9392-42F2267496DA.thumb.jpeg.68753b526c7392f0cb40f54f547c2d19.jpeg

Do you get extra credit for it being a foreign ship?

8F51D80B-950D-42C0-BE84-49291CE88886.thumb.jpeg.965d3ddae52813b51c119fbe274c9402.jpeg

Great sunset photos.

The red line is a no no but if you did not get yelled or whistled at you get points.

Extra points for a foreign vessel.

5 hours ago, brillohead said:

CC is like the mainstream media.... when it's a slow news day, you have to make up something to get people riled up about!

In 40 years in the news biz as a journalist we have never made anything up! Not sure why you would even think that???

• Haha 6