Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

23 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

Thank you for the clarification. I certainly do not want to be spreading misinformation.  Some one probably told me that it's "not good" for the trees as it may slow the growth rate of the tree if it becomes to thick and I interpreted "not good" as killing the tree.

I had to look it up.  I wanted to be sure what it was.  When we were in Homosassa we saw a model of a moss factory.  They used Spanish moss to stuff automobile seats and other items.  I would think that would make uncomfortable seating.  Lol

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jagsfan said:

I gave a question I should know the answer to. 
Any point  in printing Edocs? Aren’t they mostly the contract?

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

Not necessary.  All you need is your seapass, which you can show on your mobile phone or can be printed as a single page.

1 hour ago, mets07 said:

And you might want to print the luggage tag page.....

I like to print out my SetSail Pass (easier to pull a paper out of my pocket instead of unlocking my phone and getting to the right screen) and my luggage tags, but I don't do the luggage tags from the e-docs.  I wait until they are available as a separate link from the Cruise Planner page, I think under "view more details".  

Edited by brillohead
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Next port is Aruba day after tomorrow. 

Are you going to climb to the top of the California Lighthouse?  Give your feet and ankles some rest.  It's steeper than it looks and the steps become more narrow the higher you go. 

There is another lighthouse at the extreme southern end of the island. Not nearly as impressive though. 😉

That's Venezuela in the background. 

20201112_164950.thumb.jpg.fb52abd0a8838ad582441055eacc6829.jpg

• Like 6

13 minutes ago, brillohead said:

I was gonna say we need a pic of the feet in question, but I scrolled down and saw that you already took care of it!   😉

They are not happy. Fortunately, I still have four more vouchers to help with their little rebellion. 

• Haha 6

Just now, Ocean Boy said:

They are not happy. Fortunately, I still have four more vouchers to help with there little rebellion. 

Are you wearing bad footwear?  I would imagine your feet are used to working all day under normal circumstances...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

Are you going to climb to the top of the California Lighthouse?  Give your feet and ankles some rest.  It's steeper than it looks and the steps become more narrow the higher you go. 

I've been waiting a long time to make the climb. That is definitely the plan. 

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, brillohead said:

Are you wearing bad footwear?  I would imagine your feet are used to working all day under normal circumstances...

It is those uneven rocky and stone trails in Labadee. They are hard on the ankles. And I can't sit still very long. 

• Like 2

On 1/29/2023 at 4:40 PM, Luckynana said:

Thanks Arzeena!  Just out of Ft.Lauderdale, 4 night to Coco Cay and Nassau on the Liberty..we just need 6 points more for Diamond, so we're booked on an Aft JS.😉

Yeah, now some free drinks.

13 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Last night’s pizza was Fig & Prosciutto -  tomato & garlic sauce, cheese, dried figs, red onion, feta, prosciutto, balsamic fig glaze & rocket.  Haven’t had it before but will definitely have it again.  Yum.

What is rocket?

7 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

@ReneeFLL

Renee, the weather doesn't look too promising for Mike's one day visit to Tel Aviv. The "winter" is back 😢

image.thumb.jpeg.f9016f221f860e44ce7dbc4b861a7b7e.jpeg

Should he need a "local connection", Bella's dad and Ken from ourusualbeach have my email. I can be also reached by whatsapp. I can also send you details via messenger of the book of face, since John's Bella is a mutual friend.

Bon voyage to Mike 🌷

Thanks about the weather. I’ll let Mike know if he hasn’t seen it yet. I don’t think I’m friends with John anymore. I noticed today I somehow wiped out all my friends or at least they disappeared. I sent @John&LaLa and Rory a friend request earlier. I don’t use the Face place very much so no telling how I did it. 🤣

Edited by ReneeFLL
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

What is rocket?

Hubby being a big eater.... I should know 😉

Arugula, or Roquette, is known by several other names, including Rocket, Garden Rocket, Rucola, Rugola, and Rocket Salad. Roquette is a leafy vegetable with a peppery, spicy taste. It is most commonly used for salad greens, or cooked like spinach. It is also used it in soups, pastas and pestos.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

On 1/29/2023 at 4:31 PM, Ocean Boy said:

Here is a question that probably has no answer. After building a bunch of ships with no balconies having views obstructed by lifeboats, why does RCI design a class that has the obstruction issue again? I would not book deck 6 on a Q class ship though I realize that not every Cabin on that deck is affected. I can't remember for sure about R class but this is not an issue on V/F/O class ships. 

23 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

OK, another design issue with this ship. If you go outside on deck five you not only can't get to the bow like O class but you can't get to the stern either. You run into bulkhead going forward and aft. I don't like that. 

Not having a full wrap around promenade deck on Q-class ships is a major disappointment for me.  I love walking around the ship as close to the water as possible, stem to stern. Especially the stern. Love looking at the wake on a moon-lit night.

As for your first question,  I wonder what the lifeboats are blocking on the V/F/O class. Maybe they are on the Royal Promenade deck and therefor obstruct nothing?  It is curious though.

3 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

Thanks about the weather. I’ll let Mike know if he hasn’t seen it yet. I don’t think I’m friends with John anymore. I noticed today I somehow wiped out all my friends or at least they disappeared. I sent John and Rory a friend request earlier. I don’t use the Face place very much so no telling how I did it. 🤣

Just be careful because sometimes that is a sign that your account was hacked.  I would suggest changing your password to something you don't use anywhere else.  If you can't change it, you are likely hacked and need to report and try to reclaim your account.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

Thank you!

Something just not right about NY temps being warmer than Dallas. I remember snow in April in NY.  At least NY plows quickly.  When I lived in Manhattan, I never saw white snow for more than one day.  It always turned to slush hours later.  Rockland County was magical when it snowed.

Your trip, except for your fall, sounds delightful.  Just what you and your step-daughter needed.

My wife company closed early today and will be closed tomorrow, need to cancel our normal dinner out for tomorrow. It could be worse Denver was single digits this morning. I sure everyone likes my wife’s emails since she sends out the early closing emails.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Hubby being a big eater.... I should know 😉

Arugula, or Roquette, is known by several other names, including Rocket, Garden Rocket, Rucola, Rugola, and Rocket Salad. Roquette is a leafy vegetable with a peppery, spicy taste. It is most commonly used for salad greens, or cooked like spinach. It is also used it in soups, pastas and pestos.

I have never heard it called anything but arugula!!!!  That's what I love about this place, you learn so much that you wouldn't otherwise be exposed to!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, jagsfan said:

I have not so fond memories of playing with spanish moss as a  kid and being covered with chiggers (red bugs)   
They’ll sure ruin your day (s). 
I didn’t realize Bluffton had a beach. We’ve only  driven through on the way to Hilton Head. 
You’ll have to visit again when you can enjoy everything you couldn’t this time. 

Omg! I had the same issue with chiggers. When we lived in Key West I took an arm full from a tree on the base and put on our tree (we lived on the base). It was a horrible experience.

This time when I wanted some for my shade house I put it directly into a garbage bag and then sprayed my hands and arms down with alcohol. I put it in the outside sink and soaked it in water. After a soaking I put a little dawn in the water so it would kill the chiggers. You want the plant to soak up the plain water first and not the soapy water. Make sure all the moss stays under the soapy water for a while. Rinse well. Just in case someone wanted to collect any. 😁

3 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

The most wonderful day of the year has arrived again. First one of 2023 

1C474CAF-3B7B-4C9E-A38F-12625D271346.thumb.jpeg.7a5f90cb3f841d6fde6278d47d1d48f5.jpeg

and it begins in the solarium 

21D80321-B7D1-4345-A380-367FCE0D0688.thumb.jpeg.8769439f7f238b7d864d84eb81ceee77.jpeg

Long Island Ice Tea. . 

That looks tasty. Enjoy your cruise.

35 minutes ago, brillohead said:

I like to print out my SetSail Pass (easier to pull a paper out of my pocket instead of unlocking my phone and getting to the right screen) and my luggage tags, but I don't do the luggage tags from the e-docs.  I wait until they are available as a separate link from the Cruise Planner page, I think under "view more details".  

We take a screen shot of it.

• Like 3