Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

I have this "thing" about brushing my teeth after I eat anything.

I thought I was the only one.  Ever since I was a kid, I almost obsessed about doing that...I hated the taste of food in my mouth (even stuff that tasted good!) after I was done eating so I'd go brush my teeth immediately afterwards.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Tree_skier said:

For @Ocean Boy

2B1DF35C-0C32-436F-9BDA-E24BD7B1E58B.thumb.jpeg.acb71f368b86ba5147ac2ab817014ee6.jpeg

A note to @Sea Dog and @bobmacliberty Uf you find yourself on Navigator the Bamboo room bartender Ranjit is the guy you want to get to know. 

I switched Buffalo Trace Old fashioneds after dinner and he knows how to make them.  

50277565-91DC-4DB6-9B74-507F6B61C21C.thumb.jpeg.e87a2c4a2845df2c4a6431ef4d848f18.jpeg

I wish more ships have the Bamboo Room. I love Tiki Bars.  I jotted down his name for my notes.

49 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I am becoming convinced that I have an eating disorder. I walked into the Solarium Bistro just to see what they have and ended up eating lunch all over again. 😕

You are on a cruise so I say splurge. Diet and exercise is for afterwards.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

My Wife has been fine. Was overly concerned about her  on this trip but it was me that really got sick.

Arrived on Friday, did the parks Saturday, Sunday , Monday and Tuesday. After getting back to our room around 10pm my stomach really started to feel bad. Diarrhea was first to start, and then severely sick to my stomach. The worse I have ever been sick to my stomach.

Chills and hot back and forth. Not until around 3am did I stop being sick to my stomach. Next day was about 85 degrees in the parks and I was much to weak and not feeling right to walk around in the Parks on Wednesday. The plan was to leave for Bradenton on Thursday Morning for my Aunt or Uncle's house or do a partial park day on Thursday before driving down.

Still couldn't do that so we extended our stay at Bonnet Creek, but had to move from a 2 bedroom unit to the 3 bedroom unit. Check out now Friday Morning to move down to Bradenton.

Still wasn't feeling great, so our park visit's ended on Tuesday Night even though we still had 1 day left on our park tickets.

Got to Bradenton around Noon time on Friday, still felt like crap and still couldn't do much. My Aunt and Uncle wanted to drive us around and see things but I just couldn't do it. Still had diarrhea  issues.

Flew home at 7pm on Sunday Night, arrived in Roanoke at 8:30pm.

Still not eating much and still not feeling anywhere near 100%.

I believe I either caught some kind of virus or it was food poisoning from either Joe's Crab Shack near Celebration on something we ate at France in the Countries at Epcot.

I mentioned to my Wife after coming out of Joe's Crab Shack is smelled like throw up in there......So maybe that is where I caught something.

Friday to Tuesday Night we had a great time, after that not so much.

Next trip not until a cruise in September. Hope to make it up to her for me ruining this vacation.

She does tell me today she wants me to look for tickets  to go  see ColdPlay,  believe they are coming to Charlotte, NC which is about 2  hours from us.

Forgot to say. I also took a Covid Test, It was Negative on Thursday.

Not surprised that you got food poisoning at a restaurant on 192.  Locals tend to avoid eating in that area.  Glad you are better now.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

One little annoyance. Last night I ordered a drink and it comes back and the bartender says I had no more vouchers so I got charged. I know I had one more as I keep track by the amount of tip money I have left in my pocket. I am pretty sure during one of their busy times when he had a bunch of seapasses mine got swiped twice. However, I didn't want to make a big deal about it. I'm pretty sure if I could see the time stamps there would be two drinks bought very close together. 😏

2 hours ago, brillohead said:

The Diamond Concierge can take care of that for you....

They reversed the charge for me. They pulled the receipts and two had very close times. I don't mind paying what I owe but I knew this had to be a mistake. I'm sure there are people who loose track of their voucher use but I tend to be pretty detail driven.... OK, I'm anal. 😏

• Like 6
  • Haha 3

42 minutes ago, Husky1987 said:

I thought I was the only one.  Ever since I was a kid, I almost obsessed about doing that...I hated the taste of food in my mouth (even stuff that tasted good!) after I was done eating so I'd go brush my teeth immediately afterwards.

My dentist once asked me how many times day I brush my teeth. His eyes popped when he got the answer. I keep a toothbrush in the office. Sometimes between patients I just have to brush them. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

My dentist once asked me how many times day I brush my teeth. His eyes popped when he got the answer. I keep a toothbrush in the office. Sometimes between patients I just have to brush them. 

How often do you see patients, you seem to always be online posting on here?

19 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I thought you said you brush after meals. What kind of Doctor are you??? B

• Like 1

1 hour ago, davekathy said:

We use ours a lot when road tripping. We saw a park ranger take the pass away from the occupants in the car in front of us at the east entrance to Yellowstone this past summer and made the car do a u-turn away from the entrance. The park ranger told us they were using a family members pass. They were too young to fool the park ranger. The pass owner is put in their system so that person can not reapply. Kudos to the park ranger. Also disabled Veterans can apply thru the VA for a free lifetime pass.

I wish there was a way to monitor the use of handicap placards for parking more closely.  Too many people abuse the system, but there's no easy way to penalize them unless a cop/meter monitor happens to be right there at the time.  

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

2 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

I thought you said you brush after meals. What kind of Doctor are you??? B

I was thinking the same thing, Dave.... WHAT EXACTLY ARE YOU DOING TO YOUR PATIENTS THAT YOU NEED TO BRUSH YOUR TEETH AFTER SEEING THEM???

• Haha 6

1 minute ago, brillohead said:

I was thinking the same thing, Dave.... WHAT EXACTLY ARE YOU DOING TO YOUR PATIENTS THAT YOU NEED TO BRUSH YOUR TEETH AFTER SEEING THEM???

I can't stand the thought of having bad breath. I think it would be very offensive to them. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, reallyitsmema said:

Watch What Happens Live was good last night too with Kate Chastain and Kate from this season of BD.  I wish I could see The Traitors that Kate Chastain was just on but it is on Peacock.

We started watching the Traitors last night. Seems kind of interesting. I'll report more after we watch a couple more episodes. I do have to wonder with Kate being pregnant now and not saying who the father is if it might had been one of her co-contestants on the show.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

We started watching the Traitors last night. Seems kind of interesting. I'll report more after we watch a couple more episodes. I do have to wonder with Kate being pregnant now and not saying who the father is if it might had been one of her co-contestants on the show.

I have already seen a lot about the show online, including the winner, and one of the biggest fights that happened.  That is why I might borrow my Mom's Peacock password.

I don't think Kate's baby daddy is from The Traitors, I do think it is one of two people from BD though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, brillohead said:

I wish there was a way to monitor the use of handicap placards for parking more closely.  Too many people abuse the system, but there's no easy way to penalize them unless a cop/meter monitor happens to be right there at the time.  

Fully agree with you and I'm sure they are abused.  However, a friend reminded me that not all handicaps are visible, so you can't judge by watching someone walk a short distance into a store.

• Like 2