Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

On odyssey in Aruba , the Dutch king is touring and his ship is right beside us.  They are following us to curaçao.  Several small boats guarding it, cars and vans lined up to take them to their destination.

• Like 8

@Ocean Boy OB, your pictures are beautiful.  You captured the essence of what you are shooting quite well.  Colors are amazing.

On a totally different note, our temps here are a high of 27 or 31, depending on weather source, with ice still covering every surface outside.  Another day to stay indoors.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

@Ocean Boy OB, your pictures are beautiful.  You captured the essence of what you are shooting quite well.  Colors are amazing.

On a totally different note, our temps here are a high of 27 or 31, depending on weather source, with ice still covering every surface outside.  Another day to stay indoors.

We had snow overnight but it only stuck to the cars,grass,deck and terrace.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Playmakers must be a nice addition to the SeaPlex.  It doesn't exist on Quantum or Ovation.  The only thing back there on those two ships is the Doghouse.  We caught the tail end of one of the bumper car sessions, and we saw a few kids shooting baskets there once, but there was never anyone there otherwise.  Seemed like a big waste of space.  Wasn't there supposed to be a trapeze in the SeaPlex at one point?

I did the trapeze on Quantum, one and done.  Ripcord was the longest minute of my life😳Bumper cars are fun but people get too aggressive so we gave up 

on them.

• Like 6

47 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

We had snow overnight but it only stuck to the cars,grass,deck and terrace.

Lenny, I never experienced an ice storm in NY the likes of which cripple all services here in TX.  No mail delivery, no trash pick up, schools, businesses, medical offices closed.  All roads totally iced like skating rinks.  Yesterday, today, probably tomorrow, more of the same.

Grocery stores are going to be insanely crowded once we thaw out.

• Like 6

30 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

Lenny, I never experienced an ice storm in NY the likes of which cripple all services here in TX.  No mail delivery, no trash pick up, schools, businesses, medical offices closed.  All roads totally iced like skating rinks.  Yesterday, today, probably tomorrow, more of the same.

Grocery stores are going to be insanely crowded once we thaw out.

Perhaps an indication that you should move back to NY,Bonnie.

It will be in the 50’s here next week.We have not had more than a trace of snow this entire winter.

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Where is @Momof3gurlz? We have Allure, Navigator, and Odyssey represented this week. She was supposed to supply the fourth ship... Even though it belongs to a different blood line. 

LOL, I’m here!  Internet on the ship is awful, I can’t get onto the CC boards.  In St Thomas today so I have service today.  It’s definitely a different bloodline and NOT in a good way.  Full report when I can.  Hope the rest are having fun!

• Like 12
  • Thanks 3

55 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

I did the trapeze on Quantum, one and done.  Ripcord was the longest minute of my life😳Bumper cars are fun but people get too aggressive so we gave up 

on them.

Toby did Bumper cars on the Quantum .She said it was like a return to childhood.The last time I was in a bumper car was in Coney Island.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

LOL, I’m here!  Internet on the ship is awful, I can’t get onto the CC boards.  In St Thomas today so I have service today.  It’s definitely a different bloodline and NOT in a good way.  Full report when I can.  Hope the rest are having fun!

Make sure to check the board at Soggy’s!

• Like 1

23 hours ago, h20skibum said:

I keep forgetting that not everyone is as old as I am.  It was a fantastic deal when it was $10 for a lifetime pass.  I originally bought it because I could get a season launch pass, at a COE lake, for our boat for half price.  That paid for it in one season. 

We have used at several National Parks. Even used them for entry to the forts in Old San Juan a couple times.  I had almost forgot that those were part of the NPS. 

They’re good for National Seashores and National Monuments…such a deal!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DaniDanielle said:

on them.

We liked the bumper cars but haven't done them on our last cruises because there is too much head to head collisions.  Most places we have ridden bumper cars make you go in a circle and kick you out if you do head on collisions.  Last time we rode, there was a group of three that were targeting people, they would hit head on and on either side all at the same time.  Crew did nothing about it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Remodel is just about done, just a few things left to do before the final payment is due.

Still waiting for that drawer front for under the microwave. One  wall where the TV still needs a second coat. Plus some touch ups where workers touched their hands here and there.

After the painting is done they have some wire shelving to install in the closet by the garage door.

It took a long time but well worth the wait, we got it exactly the way we wanted it.

Might bring up some of the pantry items from downstairs and relocate them upstairs where they belong............This weekend unloading all the boxes with dishes in them that we packed away many, many months ago.

20230131_160856.jpg

20230131_160913.jpg

20230131_160917.jpg

20230131_161011.jpg

20230131_161026.jpg

20230131_161035.jpg

20230131_161047.jpg

20230131_161053.jpg

20230131_161116.jpg

20230131_161137.jpg

20230131_161139.jpg

20230131_161141.jpg

20230131_161228.jpg

Better than a new house. You can enjoy not wishing to tweak it!

Did you ever tell us what the door is that’s behind the cabinets to the right of the stove? It’s in the first photo. 
Broom closet? Powder room? 
Edited to say I forgot to tell you the sink is wonderful!

Edited by jagsfan
  • Like 2

20 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Where is @Momof3gurlz? We have Allure, Navigator, and Odyssey represented this week. She was supposed to supply the fourth ship... Even though it belongs to a different blood line. 

We just got off the Koningsdam, yesterday, after a 17 day cruise to Hawaii.  We and our friends came down with Covid .  When I asked about Paxlovid I was quoted $750 . Too much in shock to ask is that per pill or for the full treatment.  Are you traveling with your own prescription for Paxlovid or is that something I shouldn’t be asking ?  Nothing like being miles from nowhere and sick . We are probably going to cancel our Greenland cruise.  

Edited by NHProud
  • Like 3

25 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

Better than a new house. You can enjoy not wishing to tweak it!

Did you ever tell us what the door is that’s behind the cabinets to the right of the stove? It’s in the first photo. 
Broom closet? Powder room? 
Edited to say I forgot to tell you the sink is wonderful!

The Door straight go downstairs to the In-Law Suite where we have been doing all our Cooking and having dinners while the reno was going on. Downstairs is completely finished.

Not sure maybe @Sea Dog can make out the picture(poster) on the wall it is Johnny Depp, Pirates of the Caribbean  🙂

20230201_141735.jpg

This door  to the left goes to the garage, the garage is directly behind where the stove is now. It's a 2 car garage with my Wife's car and My Golf Cart. My truck is out in the driveway.

20230201_141748.jpg

This used to be a coat closet, but we are going to use it for additional storage plus we had electric sockets installed in the back wall of the closet where we plan to make Coffee and Brew Ice Tea in there. So those 2 items will not be on any of the counters.

The Painters are coming here Friday to paint that closet and do touchups at various spots around the rest of the room.

After the painters are done , our contractor will install more wire shelving in there for us. The wire shelving is from the original Pantry we had in the old kitchen that was about where the present fridge is at now.

The metal box in the bottom right  corner is the back of the return air box, has a grill facing into the kitchen under the microwave.

20230201_141825.jpg

Had a chance this morning to bring up all the pantry items we had downstairs in my work shop on rolling carts. Nice to have my workshop back again without being such a mess.

20230201_141853.jpg

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 13

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

Perhaps an indication that you should move back to NY,Bonnie.

It will be in the 50’s here next week.We have not had more than a trace of snow this entire winter.

We love it here in spite of the occasional ice storm, tornado and hail 😏

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, NHProud said:

We just got off the Koningsdam, yesterday, after a 17 day cruise to Hawaii.  We and our friends came down with Covid .  When I asked about Paxlovid I was quoted $750 . Too much in shock to ask is that per pill or for the full treatment.  Are you traveling with your own prescription for Paxlovid or is that something I shouldn’t be asking ?  Nothing like being miles from nowhere and sick . We are probably going to cancel our Greenland cruise.  

So  sorry you were sick while away. I sure know what that's like 😞

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

So  sorry you were sick while away. I sure know what that's like 😞

Your renovation turned out beautifully. May you make many happy memories in your new kitchen.  

I’ve not read anything from the last 2 1/2 weeks but did glance you had problems, too. I’m going to read everything I’ve missed.  I hope, you are feeling better .  

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

We love it here in spite of the occasional ice storm, tornado and hail 😏

I have been to 6 school reunions .People who grew up in Brooklyn were living all over the world .They all spoke about missing Brooklyn but loved where they were now living.

• Like 2

I have a lot of catching up to do but I just wanted to post a little on my getaway to see Zoey, Christina and Brandon. 

Monday morning drove down through freezing rain that quickly built up on the car. But the road department was a head of the storm and had a lot of white stuff on the road that it was wet and drivable. 

F6E5F875-DF11-4816-B6D6-DCD26553518B.thumb.jpeg.a32f5df86a773d14512feefca7efb196.jpeg

Had a great visit. 
Shopping, dining out and just being together. 

I was even able to kick Christina out of the house to go to the gym and I was trusted both days to babysit. 
The dogs as well as Zoey behaved. And it brought back great memories. 

They had the guest room completely cleaned up and called it “ my room”. I cried when I saw the special touches. Pictures on the walls from the wedding. Picture of me holding Zoey for the first time.  I know it did not just happen.  There was dust on the frames.  
But with 2 German shepherds there was no hair to be found. 

Today I got on the road early to beat Dayton, Columbus and Akron traffic. 
Put “Home” in my Wazes and off I went. 

I could not believe the time I was making …

until I realized I was headed to Erie and not Warren. Hmmmmmm

I mean we just got our new phones and the salesman said everything transfers to the IPhone 14 but your user ID and password. And those were done right.  Rick did it.  

So I pull off the road flashers on and look at the Waze map. Here it has me going to the Apple Store in Cleveland on Chagrin.  I guess that is the only “home” it knows.  So I use Onstar and get directions to my home home.  

I am over 30 min extra away.  Now I’m upset and call Rick.  At first he goes try to get back on 71.  I cry. He goes just get your EZ pass out and come home via the turnpike. I did. 

Now how in creation do they let a SUV ride on the turnpike with plastic containers bungee corded to the roof. 

DABC196E-B35B-4F98-8A58-C4C30CCEE26F.thumb.jpeg.14976164ab27ad37117cb0b0289c8a47.jpeg

Finally at my exit. 
What

A truck is blocking one exit and everyone EZ pass and ticket payers are in the only lane to get at booth for the 5 bypass. 

78FA13AF-B144-44D4-8105-31A7568DFE85.thumb.jpeg.2cf5be56a9f108682a9bedb6c3637dfe.jpeg

So after waiting eternity.( 3 min). 

I was on my way. 

Home. The least I can do after leaving the Spouse for 2 -1/2 days is have a nice meal. 
So I called him and he is bringing home 

Monkey salad

chicken parmigiana 

rolls 

GOOD HUSBAND.   

Ok. Gotta set the table. The least I can do. 

I really should right a book. 

OH!!!!

I was gifted my honorary name in the grandmother’s role. 

And Christina said everyone always knew you as Mama Lions.  

First a beautiful kind daughter. And now a granddaughter. 

77F0D5F8-F54D-492B-93F7-48E969BC9804.thumb.png.67de5e38ec454498aef639e85ecaab20.png

So Mama Lions it is. 

• Like 31

8 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

I was talking with our neighbors the other day.  They moved here about a year ago. They were originally considering buying a house in a different neighborhood, but their realtor got a little freaked out about the house.  Someone died there under potentially suspicious circumstances, with blood on the floor.  Turns out it's the house where Captain Mark from Below Deck died.  I don't watch the show and don't know him, but he was supposed to have been the first season captain??

First Med. season 

• Like 1