Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

37 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I'm not sure. I was in a biking accident last summer and still have some right shoulder issues. 

Wait until your shoulder will be 100%. It is a huge air pressure. I enjoyed it, launched myself in the air just right, but it was a very loooong minute.

Nice for about 20 seconds, but never again.

Same with the bumper cars, once was enough, damage to your back bones guaranteed....

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, sgmn said:

Wish I was more 'crafty' 

My mum has made some amazing cross stitch pictures,  and it's a reminder of her every day that hangs on our walls.

She was also a very good knitter and made beautiful jumpers for the kids when they were young. 

I gave all her embroidery silks and knitting needles away when she died. Wished I had kept some now.

I was thinking of taking up crochet. Does anyone here do that? Is it easy to get started?

I crochet a little bit.  There are good YouTube videos for all the stitches.  If you have a yarn store close to you they may have beginning crochet and knitting classes.  I know there are beginning knitting books so they probably have beginning crochet books also.  Crochet is very easy to start and now there are some amazing patterns out there.  A website called Ravelry is a good place for patterns and support.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

@firefly333 Jane, I just read on another thread about your Mom.   So sorry to hear she has passed away.   May she rest in peace🙏

And I hope your broken wrist heals nicely.💐

2 hours ago, sgmn said:

🙏Thinking of you too Jane.

Sincere condolences and may she rest in peace.

Hope you're OK.

I also saw a brief post on another thread

I know your mom has been ill for a while but its always a shock when it happens 😔

Jane my condolences as well, lost my mom 36 years ago and still think about her all the time, never easy. My thoughts are with you and your sister.

• Like 7

I need to learn how to plate my meals better, so they look more appetizing.  Last night’s supper of baby back ribs, potatoes with cheese and sour cream, cheese broccoli, and coleslaw.  

2556FFA7-80D7-4316-AFED-F81538A3571B.thumb.jpeg.0233cad6500d0300def9863e04b01865.jpeg

It is what the grandkids had asked us to fix for dinner.  

It might not be arranged nicely, but it didn’t hurt the taste.  I don’t think I would ever tire of this meal. 

• Like 9

I was talking with our neighbors the other day.  They moved here about a year ago. They were originally considering buying a house in a different neighborhood, but their realtor got a little freaked out about the house.  Someone died there under potentially suspicious circumstances, with blood on the floor.  Turns out it's the house where Captain Mark from Below Deck died.  I don't watch the show and don't know him, but he was supposed to have been the first season captain??

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

20230201_061145.thumb.jpg.37d5fd906ceb03fd3bd36a039e9d2060.jpg

20230201_060546.thumb.jpg.d3992593d55250cf00bc9ce1397d00c7.jpg

20230201_060610.thumb.jpg.45aec6de0eabf2b5703622cfb7e08baa.jpg

Playmakers must be a nice addition to the SeaPlex.  It doesn't exist on Quantum or Ovation.  The only thing back there on those two ships is the Doghouse.  We caught the tail end of one of the bumper car sessions, and we saw a few kids shooting baskets there once, but there was never anyone there otherwise.  Seemed like a big waste of space.  Wasn't there supposed to be a trapeze in the SeaPlex at one point?

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Playmakers must be a nice addition to the SeaPlex.  It doesn't exist on Quantum or Ovation.  The only thing back there on those two ships is the Doghouse.  We caught the tail end of one of the bumper car sessions, and we saw a few kids shooting baskets there once, but there was never anyone there otherwise.  Seemed like a big waste of space.  Wasn't there supposed to be a trapeze in the SeaPlex at one point?

We have sailed Anthem many times and Seaplex is always very busy.  Post covid, not all the activities were happening due to social distancing and staffing.  Quantum in Alaska definitely wasn't operating as usual when we sailed last May.

• Like 3