Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Thanks Deb.  I am glad I saw this.  I am still far behind. 

It's been post so many times I should know how it works but it's been so long since I booked a guarantee I didn't pay close attention.  How do you do the hack and how far out do you guess I will be assigned.?

@OurusualbeachKen should be able to help explain how to do the hack to find out gty czbin number and timing of it.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ozark_Kid said:

How do you do the hack and how far out do you guess I will be assigned.?

After you check in 45 days out, decode the SetSail pass by placing in Wallet with an iPhone or a barcode site/app on Android. The last 4 or 5 digit will show the cabin if assigned internally. If it still says GTY, keep checking.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Arzeena said:

Did you find any changes at Labadee post pandemic? or is it just the way it was? I have not been after the "restart".

Main thing I noticed at Labadee is they added a LOT more loungers and umbrellas.  Not quite as many umbrellas as at Coco Cay, but darn close.  I used to always end up with a lounger back by the road at Columbus Cove to get under some trees for shade, and now I can get an umbrella and chair in the second row no matter how late I get off the ship. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

One little annoyance. Last night I ordered a drink and it comes back and the bartender says I had no more vouchers so I got charged. I know I had one more as I keep track by the amount of tip money I have left in my pocket. I am pretty sure during one of their busy times when he had a bunch of seapasses mine got swiped twice. However, I didn't want to make a big deal about it. I'm pretty sure if I could see the time stamps there would be two drinks bought very close together. 😏

The Diamond Concierge can take care of that for you....

• Thanks 1

Decided to try lunch at the TWO70 Cafe. They make amazing grilled cheese sandwiches. I have this "thing" about brushing my teeth after I eat anything. But I almost resisted as I didn't want to get the taste out of my mouth. Unfortunately, the place is rather chaotic so I don't know if I'll go back... At least not at prime lunch time. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Muir Woods is definitely on the list.  We plan to stop there in the morning on the drive back to SF from Napa, check out the Marin Headlands, and then maybe have lunch in Sausalito before crossing the Golden Gate Bridge.  Micheline's only requirement for this trip is that we see Redwoods.   

Thanks for the Laird Winery suggestion.  Sounds like the kind of place that we would really like.

In the early 60’s I had a friend named Louise Muir .She was related to the Naturalist John Muir after whom Muir Woods is named.Toby and I went to Muir Woods in 1970 .Sausalito in 1970 was beautiful .The last time we were there was 2002.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, HBE4 said:

Finally, snow. I guess the snow gods heard me yesterday.  Just a dusting but it's the first measurable snow so far this year. 

Nothing stuck to pavement so no chance to use the snowblower. 

20230131_084211.thumb.jpg.a309b40b7bee72113bc277d2652c1789.jpg

It just began snowing where I live but it is too warm to stick.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Welcome home.   I hope both of you are feeling good.

GO EAGLES!!!

My Wife has been fine. Was overly concerned about her  on this trip but it was me that really got sick.

Arrived on Friday, did the parks Saturday, Sunday , Monday and Tuesday. After getting back to our room around 10pm my stomach really started to feel bad. Diarrhea was first to start, and then severely sick to my stomach. The worse I have ever been sick to my stomach.

Chills and hot back and forth. Not until around 3am did I stop being sick to my stomach. Next day was about 85 degrees in the parks and I was much to weak and not feeling right to walk around in the Parks on Wednesday. The plan was to leave for Bradenton on Thursday Morning for my Aunt or Uncle's house or do a partial park day on Thursday before driving down.

Still couldn't do that so we extended our stay at Bonnet Creek, but had to move from a 2 bedroom unit to the 3 bedroom unit. Check out now Friday Morning to move down to Bradenton.

Still wasn't feeling great, so our park visit's ended on Tuesday Night even though we still had 1 day left on our park tickets.

Got to Bradenton around Noon time on Friday, still felt like crap and still couldn't do much. My Aunt and Uncle wanted to drive us around and see things but I just couldn't do it. Still had diarrhea  issues.

Flew home at 7pm on Sunday Night, arrived in Roanoke at 8:30pm.

Still not eating much and still not feeling anywhere near 100%.

I believe I either caught some kind of virus or it was food poisoning from either Joe's Crab Shack near Celebration on something we ate at France in the Countries at Epcot.

I mentioned to my Wife after coming out of Joe's Crab Shack is smelled like throw up in there......So maybe that is where I caught something.

Friday to Tuesday Night we had a great time, after that not so much.

Next trip not until a cruise in September. Hope to make it up to her for me ruining this vacation.

She does tell me today she wants me to look for tickets  to go  see ColdPlay,  believe they are coming to Charlotte, NC which is about 2  hours from us.

Forgot to say. I also took a Covid Test, It was Negative on Thursday.

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 8

6 hours ago, h20skibum said:

If you have an America the Beautiful pass, don’t forget to take it.  I bought my lifetime pass several years ago at Marin Headlands.  For those that don’t know, they will get you, and another three with you, into the National Parks without paying the entrance fees.  

They cost $80 now for a senior lifetime pass, but well worth it if you visit many parks.  I think they were only $10 when I bought mine. It has paid for itself many times over. 

I looked into the America the Beautiful senior lifetime pass but unfortunately, I'm not old enough yet.  You must be 62 and I won't be 62 until June.  I'll definitely get one later this year when I'm eligible.  It looks like a great deal.  

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Decided to try lunch at the TWO70 Cafe. They make amazing grilled cheese sandwiches. I have this "thing" about brushing my teeth after I eat anything. But I almost resisted as I didn't want to get the taste out of my mouth. Unfortunately, the place is rather chaotic so I don't know if I'll go back... At least not at prime lunch time. 

Was it the one that had sliced apples? I had that on Ovation and it was so good.

16 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

I looked into the America the Beautiful senior lifetime pass but unfortunately, I'm not old enough yet.  You must be 62 and I won't be 62 until June.  I'll definitely get one later this year when I'm eligible.  It looks like a great deal.  

I keep forgetting that not everyone is as old as I am.  It was a fantastic deal when it was $10 for a lifetime pass.  I originally bought it because I could get a season launch pass, at a COE lake, for our boat for half price.  That paid for it in one season. 

We have used at several National Parks. Even used them for entry to the forts in Old San Juan a couple times.  I had almost forgot that those were part of the NPS. 

• Like 5

7 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

I just emailed them yesterday since I missed 140 and 210.  Sounds like I shouldn't hold my breath waiting for a reply and just call them.  

Probably but To be fair - I didn’t even wait a full 24 hrs before calling.  I also got connected immediately to speak with someone - 0 hold time!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

I keep forgetting that not everyone is as old as I am.  It was a fantastic deal when it was $10 for a lifetime pass.  I originally bought it because I could get a season launch pass, at a COE lake, for our boat for half price.  That paid for it in one season. 

We have used at several National Parks. Even used them for entry to the forts in Old San Juan a couple times.  I had almost forgot that those were part of the NPS. 

We use ours a lot when road tripping. We saw a park ranger take the pass away from the occupants in the car in front of us at the east entrance to Yellowstone this past summer and made the car do a u-turn away from the entrance. The park ranger told us they were using a family members pass. They were too young to fool the park ranger. The pass owner is put in their system so that person can not reapply. Kudos to the park ranger. Also disabled Veterans can apply thru the VA for a free lifetime pass.

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, Tree_skier said:

For @Ocean Boy

2B1DF35C-0C32-436F-9BDA-E24BD7B1E58B.thumb.jpeg.acb71f368b86ba5147ac2ab817014ee6.jpeg

A note to @Sea Dog and @bobmacliberty Uf you find yourself on Navigator the Bamboo room bartender Ranjit is the guy you want to get to know. 

I switched Buffalo Trace Old fashioneds after dinner and he knows how to make them.  

50277565-91DC-4DB6-9B74-507F6B61C21C.thumb.jpeg.e87a2c4a2845df2c4a6431ef4d848f18.jpeg

Nice - Good tip!  Definitely necessary to find the right bartender for an old fashioned or be ready to be very specific on how you want it

• Like 1