Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

13 hours ago, sgmn said:

Sounds like all your stars are lining up Dani, wonderful ️ 

Thanks, Sue. I wish...

For the last 2 days I'm dealing with a flight, which was pushed back from 6PM to 8AM, and with a reservation (one of 3 rooms), which was miraculously cancelled by an "unknown entity"...

I really can't remember a flight which was not either cancelled, or pushed back or forth, in the last year. Takes all the fun of traveling. 

I'm at the end of my wits trying to deal with a practically non existing "customer service" 😠  😠  😠 😠

• Like 7

For those following the DNA saga, the sibling tests arrived on Tuesday.  I got mine done and sent off same day.  I'm not sure if my suspected half-brother R was able to get his dropped off before the FedEx pickup on Tuesday, or if it's going out today/Wednesday.  It looks like we'll know the answer to the sibling question around Monday of next week.  

I got a FB friend request from R's mother.  I told him about it, and told him that I hope she's up for a rollercoaster of memes, the woman doesn't know what she signed up for.  He remarked that she's not very internet-savvy, and she probably didn't even realize she sent me a friend request! 🤣

• Like 13

55 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Thanks, Sue. I wish...

For the last 2 days I'm dealing with a flight, which was pushed back from 6PM to 8AM, and with a reservation (one of 3 rooms), which was miraculously cancelled by an "unknown entity"...

I really can't remember a flight which was not either cancelled, or pushed back or forth, in the last year. Takes all the fun of traveling. 

I'm at the end of my wits trying to deal with a practically non existing "customer service" 😠  😠  😠 😠

😥 oh no ,travel doesnt seem straightforward . So much has changed since covid. It use to be a rarity having delays or changes. I'm getting a bit worried now about flying in day of our cruise in May 😬

Hope you get it sorted without any more stress 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

A few days ago we realized that Lizzy was jumping up on our dresser to see herself in the mirror. We would “encourage “ her to get down in whatever means possible. 

So the great parents we are, we put a mirror on her scratch box to see if she would admire herself. 

Yup. Time for a bigger mirror or smaller cat. 

0971267A-0013-4B59-BEB8-69EA7E80D670.thumb.jpeg.807ec76107e446763411d49a026b8168.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Haha 18

19 hours ago, jagsfan said:

I was enthralled and read every word. 
My husband’s niece was “sent away” at 16 to have a baby and immediately give it up. They managed to hide the whole thing from the rest of the family because they lived three hours away. 
The boy’s family pushed for marriage and said they would help support them, but A didn’t want her adult life to start like that, and thought if she never saw the baby she could turn the page and start a new chapter easily. 
She went back to school and graduated with her class. 
Married at 21, divorced at 23, married again at 24, and divorced again at 25. 
She had a child by each husband, but was never happy. She married and divorced one more time. 
After the third marriage, she started therapy. Her therapist advised her to try to find the child she gave up. It was a closed adoption, so she couldn’t find anything. 
20 years after she gave the baby up, she turned to Ocean Voyage. And so did the baby!

After many phone calls and emails, he came to Florida to meet her. Next visit was to meet his two half siblings and then his grandparents and aunts and uncles. 
Finally the rest of us were told the story. 
We met him and his parents at a 21st birthday party our niece threw for him. 
They flew to Central Florida from Arizona. 
He looks exactly like his half sister in coloring and his smile. 
He has great parents who gave him and his later adopted sister a wonderful childhood. 
When our niece died much too young from a brain tumor, his whole family flew again from Arizona for the funeral. 
A was so happy in her last years to have not only found him, but to have found a bonus family in his parents. 
It’s never too late to gain a family, and to feel the connection with people who were strangers. 

I typed Ocean Voyage. It’s Orphan Voyage! My only excuse is having just gotten off a cruise!

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

12 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

I have had 37 falls ,24 on my head .I often have wondered why I am still on the planet. 

I’m so sorry about Mike’s wife. And for their loved ones who must be worried sick. 
Re falling; I wouldn’t mind it so much if I could get up without help. 

• Like 2

Catching up here ,again.

Reading the posts about cars - the first car that I drove was a Chevrolet Malibu that was aqua with black interior circa 1967-68. It was my Dad’s car and I loved driving it!

I did have my eye on a neighbors ‘66 Mustang. I thought I would by it from him, but he and his wife moved from the neighborhood and my $$ went to other things like Grad school. 

The first car that I bought new was a small Mazda. I called it the putt-putt It was the early 70’s when cars were on the small side for low gas consumption. My BIL was a Mazda salesperson- enough said.

The car I drive now is a Huge new Accord hybrid - touring model. Lots of electronics to keep me safe on the road. It is one big computer. 

It is the kind of hybrid that charges itself while driving No plug-in for recharge. 

We bought it in March of last year.

I am bringing it in for NYS inspection today.The car has 1415 miles on it. I use it to go to the golf course once a week in season. We also take it on trips to places we are unfamiliar with as the navigation is so easy to use.

Still would like a 66 Mustang, but  do not think it will happen.🤷🏻‍♀️

Posting a photo of the Honda I call Kit - from the TV show Night or is it Knight Rider ?

Have a good day all !

MJ🙋🏻

A6C36DA6-4352-4676-8D7E-A95574C50EB8.jpeg

• Like 7

1 hour ago, DaniDanielle said:

Today is my daughter’s birthday, the one who lost her husband in May.  She received this notice:18D4A640-4A87-4841-AE3D-9AA6CD637671.thumb.jpeg.ec326cf976f89c4d7bf6ff1dc2d89b27.jpeg

Happy birthday to your daughter. Hoping she is doing better.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

She is doing better but today is the first birthday in 25 years that he isn’t here.  Understandably she is sad.

Yes, so true and so sad. 🥲

All of the holidays and birthdays and anniversaries in that first year after losing a loved one are so heart-wrenching. I’m hoping the message in that notice will give her some comfort. 🙏

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

You have a much better memory than me.  I have fallen a lot in the last 2 years but couldn't tell you how many.  Maybe the epic falls like on the tram January or falling on my eye around Christmas.

I remember my falls because nearly every one caused me to either be in a hospital ER or confined to a hospital .The interesting thing is that I played a lot of sports from age 19 to 23 and never had an injury -Baseball,football,basketball .As a result of my falls I have fractures all over my body.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, jagsfan said:

I’m so sorry about Mike’s wife. And for their loved ones who must be worried sick. 
Re falling; I wouldn’t mind it so much if I could get up without help. 

Their grand daughters came in for Mikes funeral from PA and OH ,and just went back home a few days ago ,now they are heading back to NY.

14 hours ago, grapau27 said:

I'm so sorry to hear how many falls you have had Lenny.

Please try and take care.

My late father fractured his skull when he fell in his 20s working in a shipyard.

He fell and hit his head while in hospital aged 85 and died soon after.

Graham 

I have fractured ribs ,fractures of the coccyx ,fractures of my wrists ,facial fractures ,fractures of my toes.

I have had falls while on vacations The last fall that I had when I fractured a body part was October 2018.That was in my bedroom .I was on the floor,could not get up .Toby came home ,called 911 and it took 2 Police Officers to get me off the floor.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1