Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, Momof3gurlz said:

I’ve fallen behind again which we all know is so easy to do.  Been busy with a big closet clean out and I’m finally getting rid of all those clothes and shoes I hold onto ‘in case I need it’ someday. So far I have three of those big contractor bags full for the donation center and still need to go through the coat closet.  

I really need to do that with my closet.  I have a double wide closet that has all of my work clothes.  Dress slacks, sweaters, blouses, skirts etc.  I keep thinking "just in case" as well.   I retired in 2016 and have no desire to go back.  It's probably time to donate most of it.  You may have given me the motivation I need.  😄

• Like 10

@Lionesss  Zoey is adorable, and getting so big!  Grandchildren sure are awesome!😉

@sgmn I hope all goes well with Isaac's food challenges.

@brilloheadI am so deeply moved by your amazing reunion with your Dad Bill and your many, many new family members that you are developing great relationships with all around.  I am so very happy for you, Deb!💕

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

15 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

I contributed to the making of a Documentary about the life of Roger Brown.The film was released in 2011 and won two Emmy’s .

I just did a couple minutes of research and now I know why his name caught me a little more than usual.  I didn't remember all the particulars, but man what a story.  I'm going to have to hunt down that documentary, sounds like something I'd watch.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Husky1987 said:

I just did a couple minutes of research and now I know why his name caught me a little more than usual.  I didn't remember all the particulars, but man what a story.  I'm going to have to hunt down that documentary, sounds like something I'd watch.

Undefeated:The Roger Brown Story.I believe it is on YouTube currently.

I have recommended the viewing of the film to many people ,some who post on CC .Everyone liked it .

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Thank you all for your well wishes for our granddaughters Ava and Meghan.  It surely is an exciting time in their lives!

Joining in with my well wishes too, Maryann 😘

12 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Curiosity killed...

I went to check those rates for a balcony... 3B is almost 9K for a ref deposit. Crazy prices !!!

I might be wrong, but didn't see any Iceland ports in the itinerary ☹️

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Thank you all for your well wishes for our granddaughters Ava and Meghan.  It surely is an exciting time in their lives!

I graduated Brooklyn College .In hindsight I wish I had gone to an out of town college .My oldest daughter also graduated Brooklyn and my younger daughter went to an upstate SUNY college.None of us experienced what my granddaughter who is finishing her first year of college now.I am living the life of a college student through her.

I have 6 great nephews/nieces who all are in college now out of town.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

She looks so adorable & cosy in her pram.  What’s the outside temperature today?

Monday temperatures was in high 50s

Today 60’s. 

But rain and storms again. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Husky1987 said:

Google Undefeated:The Roger Brown Story.It  will bring you to a PBS on line video.

If you are interested I will tell you after you watch it how I became involved with the making of the film.

• Like 2

Our grandson Jack, who is a Sophomore in high school, just came home and told me about two Awards he was given.  One is for Best Documentation , and the second is for Best Film in Ocean County.  He never ceases to amaze me!  Jack actually produced his first documentation, along with his classmate, on Autism when he was in the fifth grade.  He and his friend were invited to the end of the year School Board meeting, where they presented their film to those assembled there.  He makes us so proud!!

• Like 21

5 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

Susan wanted to go to the outlet mall this afternoon.  Had to stop and get fortified before.  

Long Island King

250A2E03-A12A-422D-BF9B-C989E4CBF28C.thumb.jpeg.421475813441a90a7a2ac4b5c8060e07.jpeg

Electric Lemonade. 

8046E825-3AFB-4891-86A6-40438C23F36C.thumb.jpeg.6f1078dd87b21d9a407b90e0290d8d83.jpeg

Menu. 

9B0D7E1E-EBBE-44C1-99FF-A824FA135616.thumb.jpeg.ceb1c1b6f08833acc06971f10f8c1b02.jpeg

Well, they sure look delightful!!!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

Wouldn’t it have been easier to get married in the States?

Do you prefer renting over owning?

Greg, maybe the itching was from something you over did. I did that with strawberries one summer. Had to many over the summer and towards the end I would get itchy skin. Didn’t have problems later (didn’t eat as many 😁) or since then. We have a mango tree so I eat a lot of mangos. I used to not be allergic to the sap and didn’t really care if it got on me. I would wash it off after picking them. Now if I get a little bit of the sap on me I wash it off immediately. I also wear gloves now.I know allergies change, but I think definite the strawberries it was because I over did it. I love them.

Jack's visa was just about to expire and being young and in love (still am in love, though not young anymore)  Jack asked me to marry him and live in Israel.  We could have married in the states but I figured, why not?  It should be an exciting adventure, right?.  I was happy my parents were able to attend the wedding.  We lived in Israel for one year before Jack said he knew I missed my family and that we would go back.  I thought he meant for a visit.  He meant to move back permanently.  THEN we had to tell his family in Israel, parents, sister, brother that we were going back to NY.  Not a happy day for them but for me I was floating on air. 

I like to say that at different times, we gave up our countries for each other.  

In this stage of our lives, yes we both prefer renting and living maintenance free.

1 hour ago, George C said:

I loved my hometown Knicks late 60’s and early 70’s with Willis Reed, Walt Frazier, Bill Bradley, Dave Debusschere and Earl the Pearl Monroe , listed to there 1970 championship game in radio in Germany while in the army, went to several games. Unfortunately they have done very little in last several decades . Dallas Mavericks were fun to watch with Dirk Norwitzki , have a couple of his autographs and a picture of us with Dirk, I never looked so short.

image.thumb.jpeg.3bfe7531794e7d43846e94a0171a1cb3.jpeg

Memories:  I once attended a Knick's game at Madison Square Garden, very early 70s.  All of the players you mentioned were on the court plus I think Phil Jackson.  It ran into double over-time and I was screaming my lungs out.  Knicks won!

• Like 8

40 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Our grandson Jack, who is a Sophomore in high school, just came home and told me about two Awards he was given.  One is for Best Documentation , and the second is for Best Film in Ocean County.  He never ceases to amaze me!  Jack actually produced his first documentation, along with his classmate, on Autism when he was in the fifth grade.  He and his friend were invited to the end of the year School Board meeting, where they presented their film to those assembled there.  He makes us so proud!!

Congratulations to Jack. Well done.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, dani negreanu said:

Joining in with my well wishes too, Maryann 😘

Curiosity killed...

I went to check those rates for a balcony... 3B is almost 9K for a ref deposit. Crazy prices !!!

I might be wrong, but didn't see any Iceland ports in the itinerary ☹️

No Iceland Ports, leaving from Bayonne, NJ. Wouldn't be enough days to get to Iceland being this is only a 14 day cruise. This cruise does get us to Greenland though 🙂

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Congratulations to Jack. Well done.

Thank you, Gregg!  I think of you a lot whenever Jack has done his taping, his videos, etc.  He was the Sound guy for the school play last week "The Little Mermaid", and taped a synopsis of the Play.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Almost the same case with our 2 grandsons -- both allergic to nuts (cashew, almonds, pistachio), health insurance not paying....😢

There's been a lot of talk about antibiotics given to very young babies triggering allergies. DS1 talking to other parents with kids with multiple allergies say their kids also had antibiotics as very young babies.

But today went well, he's now up to one quarter of one  snack with Peanuts as an ingredient, similar in size to a single Wotsit/cheeto type snack  He'll have this daily at home for two weeks and then move up to half a single snack.

Isaacs peanut allergy is legume not other nuts, but including other legumes like peas and beans.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Luckynana said:

Congratulations to Jack,his parents and grandparents.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BonTexasNY said:

Jack's visa was just about to expire and being young and in love (still am in love, though not young anymore)  Jack asked me to marry him and live in Israel.  We could have married in the states but I figured, why not?  It should be an exciting adventure, right?.  I was happy my parents were able to attend the wedding.  We lived in Israel for one year before Jack said he knew I missed my family and that we would go back.  I thought he meant for a visit.  He meant to move back permanently.  THEN we had to tell his family in Israel, parents, sister, brother that we were going back to NY.  Not a happy day for them but for me I was floating on air. 

I like to say that at different times, we gave up our countries for each other.  

In this stage of our lives, yes we both prefer renting and living maintenance free.

Memories:  I once attended a Knick's game at Madison Square Garden, very early 70s.  All of the players you mentioned were on the court plus I think Phil Jackson.  It ran into double over-time and I was screaming my lungs out.  Knicks won!

In the early 60’s I went to every weekday game of the Knicks.For $5.00 I sat in the row directly in back of the Knicks players.Several would turn around and talk to the fans .I became very friendly with Len Chappell.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Posting for the 1st time from my new MacBook Pro.  It came in today.  So much to learn and setup.  he sure was easy to sign into CC

Congratulations! M1 Chip? What did you get for ram and a hard drive? I am loving my Mac Studio the thing is a blazing fast beast.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

No Iceland Ports, leaving from Bayonne, NJ. Wouldn't be enough days to get to Iceland being this is only a 14 day cruise. This cruise does get us to Greenland though 🙂

Wondering why it is displayed as such....

14 Days Iceland & Greenland

Royal Caribbean Int. • Jewel of the Seas
Bayonne/Cape Liberty, Halifax, Nuuk, Qaqortoq, Nanortalik, St. John's/Newfoundland, Bayonne/Cape Liberty
1 departure dates: Sep 14 2023
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Congratulations! M1 Chip? What did you get for ram and a hard drive? I am loving my Mac Studio the thing is a blazing fast beast.

Yes, an M1 chip.  I was tempted to go with the M2 but there wasn't much difference and the M1 was $600 off.  With the discount I couldn't justify the M2 over the M1.  I will post a pic of the sticker that was on it that explains what I got.  Let me know if you can read it.

20230404_124316.thumb.jpg.d277766dd6fc4c9dc274b3c8fa7da80d.jpg

• Like 1