Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

4 hours ago, h20skibum said:

They do have playoffs, but I don’t know if he realizes yet, but their family trip to Universal is the week that playoffs start.   Maybe they will still be playing when they get home. 

Been there and done that with a gazebo.   The one I bought for our hot tub is a hardtop one, so there were lots of pieces.  That was really a good choice, because it lets us use our hot tub year round.

Oh boy.  I hope he doesn't get too upset.  I so remember the play-off games;  then the All-Star games.  I do miss them.  Good times.

Our new gazebo is also the hardtop.  Enough of replacing the canvas every other year, not to mention putting the canvas on at the beginning of the Season, then taking it down in the Fall.  Our neighbor came over to borrow something from Jim, and really liked our new hardtop.  I thought of you, as he said it would be perfect to put over his hot tub;  but then he said it has too many pieces for him to work on!😁

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BonTexasNY said:

@dani negreanu Dani, from me too and for everyone who celebrates.  Dani, I bet your DH makes a fabulous cheesecake!

For those not in the know:

Coming fifty days after Passover, Shavuot – which means “weeks” in Hebrew – commemorates the day God gave the Torah to the Jewish people at Mount Sinai. It is thought to originally be an agricultural festival, and while are no specific requirements for celebrating Shavuot — unlike the many required observances for Passover, for example —there are many minhagim, or customs, associated with the joyous festival. One of the most widely held customs for Shavuot is to celebrate by eating dairy foods, especially cheese.

Happy Shavuot to you and Jack, Bonnie!  Thank you explaining the importance and meaning of your celebration.  

🥰

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I though it was a good final tribal too. There was no toxicity.

Not to mention no more racial tones like the show started leaning towards in the past.  I think Survivor picked up on how the fans were reacting and dialed it back.  No need for that stuff.😉

• Like 5

32 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

We celebrated "Shavuot" with our kids, grands and our in-laws (since their other 2 "kids" took the opportunity of the long WE and flew abroad).

Inaugurated our balcony for the season, and were lucky to find a very tasty water melon.

image.thumb.jpeg.16cf7466ce54822e5755d4e44a8f0e34.jpeg

I've baked a cheese cake, as is the tradition. It was a very pleasant and lovely evening, with the time flying by.

image.thumb.jpeg.c846dd46445229cdd06d05d1aace7000.jpeg

Your cheesecake looks scrumptious, Dani!  I sure could go for a piece right now.  Your balcony looks lovely;  love the picture of you all together.

Happy Shavuot to you, your DH, and to your family and friends!🌹

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, cruisingpeople said:

Dani, the cheesecake looks delicious. Are those pistachio nuts on top ?

Thank you. Yes, they are.

The cake was voted "outstanding" in a cheese cake survey by dairy producers. It is one third cream cheese 30% fat, and 2/3 yogurt 10% fat. Very fluffy and easy to bake.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Not to mention no more racial tones like the show started leaning towards in the past.  I think Survivor picked up on how the fans were reacting and dialed it back.  No need for that stuff.😉

The people on the jury and the three vying for the win were actually nice people.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dani negreanu said:

Thank you. Yes, they are.

The cake was voted "outstanding" in a cheese cake survey by dairy producers. It is one third cream cheese 30% fat, and 2/3 yogurt 10% fat. Very fluffy and easy to bake.

This is one of my favorite holidays that WE celebrate.My wife makes delicious cheese cake .

My soon to be 19 year old granddaughter come home from Israel last night .She was there with 40 students from her college Hillel plus 4 professors.

She said the food was delicious.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

This is one of my favorite holidays that WE celebrate.My wife makes delicious cheese cake .

My soon to be 19 year old granddaughter come home from Israel last night .She was there with 40 students from her college Hillel plus 4 professors.

Happy Shavuot to you, Toby, and your family, also, Lenny!

I'm sure you are so happy that your granddaughter is home from her trip, safe and sound!  

• Like 2

Just now, Luckynana said:

Happy Shavuot to you, Toby, and your family, also, Lenny!

I'm sure you are so happy that your granddaughter is home from her trip, safe and sound!  

As soon as she got off the plane and was waiting for my daughter and SIL to pick her up she called Toby and I .She got home at midnight and went to sleep .She got up at noon today.She is going to relax for a few days then look for a summer job.Thank you very much for your Shavuot wishes.

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Thank you, Graham, for the special wishes in Hebrew, and Bonnie, for "saving" me the "explanation". 

Arzeena, look what you're missing 😉

We celebrated "Shavuot" with our kids, grands and our in-laws (since their other 2 "kids" took the opportunity of the long WE and flew abroad).

Inaugurated our balcony for the season, and were lucky to find a very tasty water melon.

image.thumb.jpeg.16cf7466ce54822e5755d4e44a8f0e34.jpeg

I've baked a cheese cake, as is the tradition. It was a very pleasant and lovely evening, with the time flying by.

image.thumb.jpeg.c846dd46445229cdd06d05d1aace7000.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.48d1d6cfdcb737a59e77eac5a789760d.jpeg

Fabulous photos Dani.

Lovely family.

Graham x

• Like 1

I forgot to mention that we have a new addition to our family!  Lola arrived by van from Alabama this past Saturday morning!!  Lola is a 3 year old "Rescue dog".  She is 13 pounds, is a well mannered young lady with gray and black hair.  Her face, tail, and long legs are black, while the rest of her body is gray.  She has stolen all of our hearts!!  Her previous family had to give her up since she needs a lot of attention and affection.  She has certainly come to the right home, because she is so loved by us all!❤️

• Like 17
  • Thanks 2

15 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

Happy Shavuot to Toby and ourself Lenny.

28 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Absolutely agree with you on this issue.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

I forgot to mention that we have a new addition to our family!  Lola arrived by van from Alabama this past Saturday morning!!  Lola is a 3 year old "Rescue dog".  She is 13 pounds, is a well mannered young lady with gray and black hair.  Her face, tail, and long legs are black, while the rest of her body is gray.  She has stolen all of our hearts!!  Her previous family had to give her up since she needs a lot of attention and affection.  She has certainly come to the right home, because she is so loved by us all!❤️

Welcome Lola.

giphy.gif

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Awesome! We need pictures!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, dani negreanu said:

Have a great celebration!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Luckynana said:

Welcome to the family Lola! Excited to see some pictures of her. Enjoy and thank you for getting a rescue dog.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Welcome to the family Lola! Excited to see some pictures of her. Enjoy and thank you for getting a rescue dog.

Rescue is definitely the way to go for dogs and cats .

just checked weather New York City will be in 70’s then was very surprised to see Buffalo will be in low 80’s . After seeing Dani cheesecake I will have to add that to the list of things to order in New York. 

• Like 8

1 minute ago, George C said:

Rescue is definitely the way to go for dogs and cats .

just checked weather New York City will be in 70’s then was very surprised to see Buffalo will be in low 80’s . After seeing Dani cheesecake I will have to add that to the list of things to order in New York. 

We’ve always gotten our cats at a shelter. For our Cavaliers we always get purebreds. Less health issues.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, molly361 said:

I haven't watched Survivor except for the 1st season.  Just googled it.  23 years ago.  YIKES  Richard Hatch won.   Spoiler alert😱

Sue's classic "Rats & Snakes" speech. Pretty sure no other jury speech comes close.😅

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBSMBfoMVHk

I used to be a religious Survivor watcher up until they started recycling the same players over and over. It seemed like they were going to keep bringing back Boston Rob until he finally won. And the most undeserving winner ever, Sandra, won twice?? I think I stopped watching around season 20.

I liked when they used to have different locations - Africa, The Outback in Australia, etc. I think they now use the same one or two islands over and over. I get the reason. Cost control as they have already everything there. Equipment, staff housing, etc. No need to rebuild from scratch for every season. Still, was nice to see different locations.

Edited by HBE4
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

Awesome! We need pictures!

Thank you, OB! I am so not good at this!  I will recruit my grandson Jack over the weekend to help me out.  Jack turns 16 tomorrow!

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

Thanks Greg!  Lola is actually our daughters 3rd Rescue Dog.  She had 2 older rescues, Bonnie and Clyde, who have since passed.  Clyde had Diabetes and other health issues,  I don't know how my daughter did it..she had to give poor Clyde insulin shots daily.  Bonnie and Clyde were brother and sister.  Ryan has been pining for another dog.  He's been on Cloud nine since Lola's arrival.😊

• Like 7