Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

21 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Maryann, let me add my best wishes to you and Jim for a super Happy Anniversary with many more wonderful, loving years to come and a very happy birthday to your daughter!

Aw, thank you so much, Bonnie!

20 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Congratulations on your anniversary,Maryann.

Thank you, Lenny!  How is your singing group going?

20 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Happy Anniversary to you and Jim!  A Japanese restaurant sounds great.  And happy birthday to your daughter. 

Thank you so much, John!  Your Kenzie's hair has really grown.  Love the curls!!

20 hours ago, Lionesss said:

Maryann and Jim. Happy anniversary. 

❤️

Thank you, Sue!!!  When will you be rolling out in your new RV??

18 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Happy 52nd wedding anniversary Maryann and Jim.

Happy 51st birthday to your lovely daughter.

anniversary-52-2.gif

51st-birthday-15.gif

Love it, Graham!  Thank you so much!

16 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

Happy anniversary to you and Jim. May you have many more. 

Thank you, Renee!

14 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Happy 52nd Anniversary, Maryann and Jim.  Wishing you many more.  And happy birthday to your daughter. 

Thank you so much, Mark!  Your day at the Amusement Park sounds like every kid's Dream!  and, Grandfather's, also!  I cannot even imagine not being in a crowded amusement area.  

12 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

+2 to this.

Thank you, Andrew!  How's the cruise going?  

I sure love our Dani Family!  Thank you all again!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Make sure she takes it easy and let's you do whatever needs to be done around the house😄

Both of these are difficult for her.  She doesn't like to take it easy...she always has to be doing something and can't just sit.  And she doesn't like the way that I do things around the house.  I cook differently, clean the kitchen differently, and do the laundry differently.  We counted and this is her 10th surgery (of varying degrees of seriousness) so we're both kind of used to what it takes to get through the next few days/weeks.  It's my job to make her feel comfortable and heal properly.

• Like 15

12 hours ago, Arzeena said:

Wishing you a very Happy Anniversary!💗

Thank you so much, Arzeena!

11 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Beautiful Sunrise this Morning for my Wife Donna's Birthday. 🎂

20230719_063755.jpg

Happy Birthday wishes to your wife Donna, Jimbo.  Beautiful picture!

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

My friends and me were very happy to celebrate the end of chemo treatments of our dear friend (with the blond short hair).

She was even more happy to get rid of the dreaded and very hot hair piece.

image.thumb.jpeg.512b7194d3b6aa8ca5c08481987d10eb.jpeg

Beautiful picture of you and your dear friends, Dani.   Congratulations to your friend beating Cancer.  She is an inspiration to us all with regard to her many health issues, Polio being one of them...times two.  God Bless!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

She doing pretty good. More sore than stabbing pain. Weaning off the more powerful pain meds in favor of Tylenol.

It sounds like Linda's on the right track with her healing!  Please wish her well for me!

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Great version of the song. I always liked those Wilson sisters.

The entire Kennedy Center Honors piece for Led Zeppelin is really good, with Foo Fighters singing Rock and Roll (Dave Grohl on drums and Taylor Hawkins singing lead), Kidd Rock singing Ramble On, and Lenny Kravitz singing Whole Lotta Love.  But the Wilson sisters and that backing orchestra steals the show.

Foo Fighters does a great live version of Rock and Roll at Wembley in 2008 with Jimmy Page playing lead guitar and John Paul Jones playing bass (Grohl again on drums and Hawkins singing lead).  Taylor does a pretty good impression of Robert Plant.  RIP Taylor Hawkins.  One of many gone way too soon.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

I’m just playing catch up, a common theme here. 

@Luckynana Happy 52nd to you and Jim! It sounds like you had a great celebration. 
@bobmacliberty I wish Micheline an easy recovery from her surgery.  In no time she’ll be ready to dance the night away at your daughters wedding. 
@dani negreanu what an inspiration your friend is and a lovely picture of you all celebrating her. 
@h20skibum I’m enjoying your Summer of Fun (is this 3.0?).  It’s nice that you’re able to have a mix of group/family activities as well as some one-on-one time.  Hope Susan’s feeling better. 
@Sea Dog glad to hear Linda’s doing well after her surgery. 

Not a lot happening here. The last of my Amazon Prime Day purchases arrived today.  I mostly ordered things for our trip in September-portable chargers for our phones, plug converters, a crossbody bag for me with RFID and security zippers.  We also both got new backpacks with the intention of possibly going

’carry-on only’.  So a carry-on suitcase each and a backpack each. I doubt it’ll actually happen LOL. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Luckynana said:

Aw, thank you so much, Bonnie!

Thank you, Lenny!  How is your singing group going?

Thank you so much, John!  Your Kenzie's hair has really grown.  Love the curls!!

Thank you, Sue!!!  When will you be rolling out in your new RV??

Love it, Graham!  Thank you so much!

Thank you, Renee!

Thank you so much, Mark!  Your day at the Amusement Park sounds like every kid's Dream!  and, Grandfather's, also!  I cannot even imagine not being in a crowded amusement area.  

I sure love our Dani Family!  Thank you all again!

My singing group is great.Every week is a different theme.Today was songs from the 70’s.

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

The entire Kennedy Center Honors piece for Led Zeppelin is really good, with Foo Fighters singing Rock and Roll (Dave Grohl on drums and Taylor Hawkins singing lead), Kidd Rock singing Ramble On, and Lenny Kravitz singing Whole Lotta Love.  But the Wilson sisters and that backing orchestra steals the show.

Foo Fighters does a great live version of Rock and Roll at Wembley in 2008 with Jimmy Page playing lead guitar and John Paul Jones playing bass (Grohl again on drums and Hawkins singing lead).  Taylor does a pretty good impression of Robert Plant.  RIP Taylor Hawkins.  One of many gone way too soon.

My younger daughter is a huge fan of the Foo Fighters.Last September she and a friend flew to the UK just to see the Taylor Hawkins tribute concert.She goes to as many Foo Fighters concerts as possible.

• Like 3

Bobby Tuzzeo,Editor and Publisher of 21st Century Rock magazine was in a New York band in the 80’s.The band was playing in a NY club one night singing original and songs of other artists.Graham Nash was in the club ,heard their rendition of CSN’s Almost Cut My Hair and said it was the very best that he ever heard.

1 hour ago, Momof3gurlz said:

I’m just playing catch up, a common theme here. 

@Luckynana Happy 52nd to you and Jim! It sounds like you had a great celebration. 

Not a lot happening here. The last of my Amazon Prime Day purchases arrived today.  I mostly ordered things for our trip in September-portable chargers for our phones, plug converters, a crossbody bag for me with RFID and security zippers.  We also both got new backpacks with the intention of possibly going

’carry-on only’.  So a carry-on suitcase each and a backpack each. I doubt it’ll actually happen LOL. 

Thank you, Deb!🥰

I can not imagine doing just a carry-on and backpack...I usually use a backpack, a carry-on, and my regular piece of luggage.  When we've planned on staying in a hotel for a few days prior to a cruise, I live out of the carry-on without opening the regular luggage until we're on the ship.  

You and Andy are going to have such a wonderful time on your European vacation with cruise included.😉😊

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Luckynana said:

You’re welcome. As for the cruise you are a couple days early, we board on Friday. 

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

The second part is a multi car pileup.

Saw it too.  Perfect description.

• Like 1

Finally caught up after being away for 6 days. Good to hear people are on the mend but sorry that some are experiencing some extreme heat.   My time in the Adirondacks  in upstate NY, I don't think the temp got above 80 degrees with night time lows into the high 50's. Great sleeping weather with the window wide open and being lulled to sleep to the sounds of the loons.

It was me & my step-daughter along with 3 of my friends from college and their respective spouses.  One of my friends I keep in frequent contact with, another I used to see once every couple of years or so  but have reconnected ever since my wife passed and the third I haven't seen in over 10 years. It was a much needed get together and the years melted away quickly. The days were spent sitting around catching up while eating and drinking, followed by playing on the lake, swimming, floating, kayaking, or just sitting on the dock while eating and drinking. Nights were spent playing games until 3 am while eating and drinking. It seems to be a common theme there, I think.

A few have asked for pictures and my picture-taking skills pale in comparison to others but I'll do my best. I'll start with the 5 1/2 hour drive up which takes us thru the High Peaks of the Adirondacks, high on the East Coast being only around 4,500 - 5,000 feet.  Still, the scenery is spectacular  but we were in and out of rain squalls. And when the rain stopped, the wildfires gave a nice haze so I only have 1 decent picture.

The tall peak, slightly left center, I believe is Whiteface Mountain in Lake Placid, home to the 1932 & 1980 Winter Olympics.  And if it's not Whiteface, well it's close by.🙂

1-View.thumb.jpg.30b01b5c31234a0eb3aedea5ed95610a.jpg

Edited by HBE4
  • Like 27
  • Thanks 1

@A&L_Ont  Have a great cruise Andrew, Lisa and Owen.  Dave, my son and I are headed to NJ/NYC Friday for the weekend to see Manchester United vs Arsenal at MetLife stadium in a preseason exhibition game on Saturday.  Manchester United is our team and this will be the fourth time seeing them in person, 2 times at University of Michigan and 1 time at Old Trafford in Manchester.  So looking forward to it!

• Like 7

The cabin belongs to the family of college friend #2, the one I saw every couple of years but now more frequently.  Very rustic but has electricity, fulling functioning kitchen and running water but not for drinking. That comes from a spring.  No TV, Internet or cell phone service.

The cabin.

2-cabin.thumb.jpg.69d4a06e9fc4bf5b87a75faeaee64b0c.jpg

3-cabin.thumb.jpg.5e6f9736d3e1d0bbc3c266942955c535.jpg

Entering the cabin reminded me of a 1950's Mom&Pop Hardware store.

4a-insidecabin.thumb.jpg.953f38715681a121ce8e6c266ac34765.jpg

The main Kitchen, Dining and Living room area. Sorry, no bedroom pictures.

4-insidecabin.thumb.jpg.615b86e1dd36b1f400903c142a7b0853.jpg

The cabin deck

5-cabindeck.thumb.jpg.11a7924cb267458fb20e7c1a8cc03d8a.jpg

View from cabin deck

6-viewfromcabindeck.thumb.jpg.8654eac00c2b4a541038822a2211c3e7.jpg

• Like 27
  • Thanks 3

The boathouse.

8-boathouse.thumb.jpg.b67ea8c529c85389db42dabdbac9559a.jpg

Top of the Boathouse

9-topofboathouse.thumb.jpg.351026c3b93bd9fe1a390c6cce379757.jpg

View from top of Boathouse. The powerboat and pier belong to a neighbor so, sorry no pictures of mooring lines.

10-BHveiwtotheright.thumb.jpg.9e292d4ecb614060c5983b3bdbf179a2.jpg

That little dock with chairs by the rock "jetty" is also part of the property.

11-BHviewtotheleft.thumb.jpg.3c14083320f0aff18a9d29b28a8a20fa.jpg

Edited by HBE4
  • Like 26
  • Thanks 2