Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

TSOTD is Mickey Mouse.When I was in Pre-K one of the kids had a Mickey Mouse tee shirt which he wore for the graduation pictures.I always hoped that my parents would buy me a similiar shirt but alas they never did.Recently my children gave me as a gift a Vintage MM tee shirt.

• Like 5

42 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

When my step daughter moved to Houston back in 2016, I went apartment hunting with her. Middle of September, 95+ degrees during the day, high 70's/low 80's at night  and about 12,000% humidity. Many of the apartments we looked at had fireplaces which I couldn't understand. Who would want a fire when it was so hot? I just assumed it was decorative.

Well, she ended up getting an apartment without a fire place and that following Jan/Feb she wish she had. Even thought the temperatures were in the 40's, she always said 40 degrees in Houston feels like 10 degrees in NY, I guess because of the dampness/humidity.

You have more snow on the ground in Dallas in my section of NY. 😃

Although that's going to change tomorrow.  Supposed to get 1-3 inches which is annoying. Not enough to use the snowblower but enough for me to shovel.

Very strange .I had friend who lived in a Houston suburb .I visited them in two Octobers and the weather was very hot .

13 hours ago, George C said:

I had to replace roof a couple of times in Coppell , got new roof last year in Carrollton but insurance paid almost the entire price.

Same with us.  Hardly anything out of pocket.  I hear the insurance guidelines for roof repair has changed not for the better for home owners.

1 hour ago, George C said:

We have snow in Dallas 😁😁😁😁, not sure last time this happened 

image.thumb.jpeg.ff60359591b3c483eef18865a5384d11.jpeg

As you know, in NY it's called a dusting. We were surprised when we woke up.  Luckily, this freezing weather will be gone in 2-3 days.

1 hour ago, HBE4 said:

When my step daughter moved to Houston back in 2016, I went apartment hunting with her. Middle of September, 95+ degrees during the day, high 70's/low 80's at night  and about 12,000% humidity. Many of the apartments we looked at had fireplaces which I couldn't understand. Who would want a fire when it was so hot? I just assumed it was decorative.

Well, she ended up getting an apartment without a fire place and that following Jan/Feb she wish she had. Even thought the temperatures were in the 40's, she always said 40 degrees in Houston feels like 10 degrees in NY, I guess because of the dampness/humidity.

You have more snow on the ground in Dallas in my section of NY. 😃

Although that's going to change tomorrow.  Supposed to get 1-3 inches which is annoying. Not enough to use the snowblower but enough for me to shovel.

Yes, Houston humidity is crazy high and brutal.  I once got off a plane in Houston and as I exited the plane to the jetway there was an inch opening connecting the jetway to the plane and the humidity hit me full force.  I could hardly breathe. I don't recall what month it was.

Weather is crazy here.  Many times, heat in the car in the morning, switching to AC in the afternoon.  I think our heat at home went on for the first time this Winter a few short days ago.  Crazy!

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

They say ( whoever they are). 
“If you can’t handle the heat get out of the oven”. 
Well.  I kinda want the heat. 
Where’s that oven!!!!!!!!!!

IMG_0079.thumb.png.18b8f8bdbbffe96ceee2d3c5a52dc56b.png

Here is what we got.

IMG_4044.thumb.png.092b0e811f86509736263e6d8a05c58f.png

• Like 6

Since we have posted about mustaches it got me thinking as I have had mine for 40 years, what would I look like without one? Photoshop is better than just shaving. I think I like me with one, what do you think. Charlie did not vote.

IMG_4042.thumb.jpeg.283a9871a54e331d1a7faa3dc0d3184d.jpeg

IMG_4043.thumb.jpeg.ed6e0c7229517eed009df878b0ccba82.jpeg

I look kinda naked without one.

• Like 10

13 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Since we have posted about mustaches it got me thinking as I have had mine for 40 years, what would I look like without one? Photoshop is better than just shaving. I think I like me with one, what do you think. Charlie did not vote.

I vote yes to the mustache!

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Wow.  Photoshop did a good job!  Did you use AI?

I like the shaved look.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

I hear ya.  I've had my beard since 1992.  In all that time, I shaved it off once.  And it couldn't grow back fast enough.

• Like 9

29 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

You’re just not Sea Dog without the mustache!

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

Just now, Momof3gurlz said:

You’re just not Sea Dog without the mustache!

That’s what I thought. I think I’ll keep it. All pirates need something.

Edited by Sea Dog
  • Like 6

I want to share more love being shown. 

A couple of months ago a new neighbor moved in. She is a long time friend with Kenzie's mom. 

It's been snowing and with our steep peppled concrete driveway we were snowed in.  Our ring started indicating someone was here.  Looked out and our neighbor was clearing a path for us!  What a sweetheart!  

• Like 21

41 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Charlie did not vote.

What about your wife? I grew my mustache in 1975. I never  shaved it. My wife has never seen me without one and my mom never saw me with one until 2014. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, doghog said:

What about your wife? I grew my mustache in 1975. I never  shaved it. My wife has never seen me without one and my mom never saw me with one until 2014. 

You didn't see your mom for 39 years?

18 minutes ago, doghog said:

She likes it with.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

I don’t usually care for memes but I had to laugh at this one.

IMG_4045.thumb.jpeg.7f445541e127fc59b5337450c51447e1.jpeg

Probably helps when it comes to keeping poster's still being allowed on this site while others get kicked off because of using  way to many memes.

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

Keep the mustache

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Wow, thanks. Didn't mean to pry into what is none of my business...well... maybe I did mean to.🫣

No biggie since I brought it up. Just not a CC type of post I care to share details why. BTW, she didn't recognize me with a mustache and hair not past my shoulders and all gray. 😂

Edited by doghog
  • Like 2