Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

40 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

How was your day in Nassau? I really like it there though I know many disagree.

I love it there. This time we walked around the port, walked downtown, did some shopping, had lunch and walked back to the shop. Weather was wonderful and cool. They have redone the port area really nice! Carnival Freedom was our neighbor for the day. 

Sailaway is at 5 pm. Luggage tags were in the room. I am happy and had a wonderful cruise. I hope you had a great cruise too.

• Like 7

45 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

Sixty years ago today, the Beatles made their first appearance on the Ed Sullivan Show.  

My sister sent me this picture today. Not sure the date it was taken, but the film was developed in May, 64. 

image000001.thumb.jpeg.92c6f2a5456ac1bc24beb2d48f971b94.jpeg

Needless to say, my drumming career never took off.  Maybe it had something to do with the quality of the instruments.  I had a good laugh over this. 🤣

1964!!!!!! My parents were not even dating yet 🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

24 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

I love it there. This time we walked around the port, walked downtown, did some shopping, had lunch and walked back to the shop. Weather was wonderful and cool. They have redone the port area really nice! Carnival Freedom was our neighbor for the day. 

Sailaway is at 5 pm. Luggage tags were in the room. I am happy and had a wonderful cruise. I hope you had a great cruise too.

Happy to find someone else who feels like I do about Nassau. Great that you have had an awesome cruise as have I. One more sea day for us.

• Like 5

So today was the day for stuff to break 😠

This morning, first thing, the belt on the dryer snapped. I managed to get the new belt ordered and it will arrive on Monday sometime.  However, I'm flying out to Orlando on Tuesday so I'm really skeptical about DW and I  getting all the laundry we need doing done on Monday night and still packing and being ready to roll to the airport.

So after getting that part ordered up I went to have a shower and while showering, the extraction fan suddenly died.  Back to Amazon and new fan ordered. It's arriving tomorrow but I'm pretty busy tomorrow so we'll see.

Then after getting out of the shower and getting settled into some work today on the computer I foolishly set my MacBook Pro on the seat next to me and got up to get a cup of coffee.  It slid off the chair at exactly the wrong angle and broke the screen and hinge.  

I called a local Mac repair shop and they tentatively quoted me $867 to repair assuming there is nothing else broken. It's a two year old MacBook. It just pained me spend that much on a two year old device so I have gone out bought a new one. 

If anything else breaks today you'll hear the screaming three counties away.

• Like 13
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

This morning, first thing, the belt on the dryer snapped. I managed to get the new belt ordered and it will arrive on Monday sometime.  However, I'm flying out to Orlando on Tuesday so I'm really skeptical about DW and I  getting all the laundry we need doing done on Monday night and still packing and being ready to roll to the airport.

So after getting that part ordered up I went to have a shower and while showering, the extraction fan suddenly died.  Back to Amazon and new fan ordered. It's arriving tomorrow but I'm pretty busy tomorrow so we'll see.

Then after getting out of the shower and getting settled into some work today on the computer I foolishly set my MacBook Pro on the seat next to me and got up to get a cup of coffee.  It slid off the chair at exactly the wrong angle and broke the screen and hinge.  

I called a local Mac repair shop and they tentatively quoted me $867 to repair assuming there is nothing else broken. It's a two year old MacBook. It just pained me spend that much on a two year old device so I have gone out bought a new one. 

Hopefully that was your third item and you are done for the year.

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

Thats the way things happen to me. When it rains it pours. Sorry for the unfortunate events.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Keksie said:

The kitchen is almost finished.   A few little touches and putting everything up and it will be finished.

After

20240209_163453.thumb.jpg.8f0532b1e740169fcffb5e78aef7a7bc.jpg

Before

20240113_112807.thumb.jpg.7fac21c2224e1cbb4f93b27f744d1eca.jpg

Looks great! I love how open it makes it.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Luckynana said:

I have never had the pleasure of a mudslide.  I do hope I remember to order one on my cruise next month. 🤔  I had my first (of then several) chocolate martini on our Bella cruise last year.

One of our daughters lived in St. Mary's, Ga.,  when her husband was on the Nuclear Subs there.

Was he on a boomer? Isn't that a Trident Sub Base?

6 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Many of my medical issues resurfaced this week.One of my doctors who is  a wonderful person as well as a doctor has been trying to get me a consult with a doctor who is considered to be among the very best on the planet.

Happy to hear from you but sorry to hear that you are having medical issues.   Fingers and toes crossed you are able to get the consult with that Doctor😍

• Like 5

1 hour ago, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

Happy National Pizza Day!  This was from Sorrento’s on Icon.  It was absolute deliciousness but it would have been even more delicious if it had MEAT on it.  

IMG_8304.thumb.jpeg.6671f49f503f90b8f54d89e83b7ff035.jpeg

I have not seen anything that looks like that on Odyssey.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

Happy National Pizza Day!  This was from Sorrento’s on Icon.  It was absolute deliciousness but it would have been even more delicious if it had MEAT on it.  

IMG_8304.thumb.jpeg.6671f49f503f90b8f54d89e83b7ff035.jpeg

Did you not order it with any meat? (Sorry if I'm missing an inside joke like you're veggie or something.)

2 hours ago, Keksie said:

The kitchen is almost finished.   A few little touches and putting everything up and it will be finished.

After

20240209_163453.thumb.jpg.8f0532b1e740169fcffb5e78aef7a7bc.jpg

Before

20240113_112807.thumb.jpg.7fac21c2224e1cbb4f93b27f744d1eca.jpg

Nice!  Everything looks Great.   I really like the new counterop and the openess.  I hope you enjoy the new flow and having additional countertop.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Nice!  Everything looks Great.   I really like the new counterop and the openess.  I hope you enjoy the new flow and having additional countertop.

I already love it.

• Like 8

6 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Many of my medical issues resurfaced this week.One of my doctors who is  a wonderful person as well as a doctor has been trying to get me a consult with a doctor who is considered to be among the very best on the planet.

Rotten week you've had, Lenny.  We all on here are glad to hear from you!  Feel better!!!!🥰

• Like 2

3 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Sixty years ago today, the Beatles made their first appearance on the Ed Sullivan Show.  

My sister sent me this picture today. Not sure the date it was taken, but the film was developed in May, 64. 

image000001.thumb.jpeg.92c6f2a5456ac1bc24beb2d48f971b94.jpeg

Needless to say, my drumming career never took off.  Maybe it had something to do with the quality of the instruments.  I had a good laugh over this. 🤣

2 hours ago, Arzeena said:

1964!!!!!! My parents were not even dating yet 🤣

I always joke that 3 great, revolutionary life-changing events occurred in 1964.

1) The Beatles came to America and revolutionized music.

2) Ford introduced the Mustang & revolutionized sporty cars for the younger generation.

3) I was born.

And in that order. 🤣

• Like 9
  • Haha 6

3 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Tried it, no better. Just went down to the internet desk. They get back at 4.

Is it a sea day? Maybe 5,000 other people are posting their Tiktok videos of the trip at the same time.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I have not seen anything that looks like that on Odyssey.

Oh, sorry, that’s too bad.  On our 2022 Odyssey TA, it was really good.  Can you take a picture of what they have now?  How are you liking the food in the Windjammer?  

IMG_0953.thumb.jpeg.58043ac3171407f44607e701151dba1b.jpeg

14 minutes ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

Did you not order it with any meat? (Sorry if I'm missing an inside joke like you're veggie or something.)

I asked them if they could add meat to the vegetarian so to make it a combo for me and they said no.  They didn’t have the meat ingredients in their supply for the day except for pepperoni.  I wanted everything on it so no combo for me on that day.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

Was he on a boomer? Isn't that a Trident Sub Base?

I only remember that he was on a Nuclear Submarine, and he'd be gone for several months at a time.🤔 That was well over twenty years ago.   I  did get to go on one of the subs while he was at Sea;  a friend of his and my daughter's brought me onto the base and onto the sub, which was guarded by Marines.  Very interesting tour.

• Like 2