Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

6 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

More white stuff coming tonight.   One local station says 3 to 5 inches but a site online says 5 to 8 inches.    At least I have off tomorrow.

Yesterday when I went out I had to deal with 70⁰ weather and the sun beating down on me.  Right now it's all the way down to 56⁰.  

At least I have today off.  😆 

• Like 6

4 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Bon Voyage! I hope you have a great cruise and look forward to your updates.  We board two weeks from today with @jmh2006 on the Southern itinerary of Labadee, Aruba and Bonaire.  
It’s been a busy week packing and preparing for our upcoming trip.  We leave Monday, first stop is Atlantic City for the night.  Then on to Chapel Hill NC to visit my 89 year old great aunt.  It’s just a little off course of the  I-95 South route, but how many more chances might we have to see her?  We’ll spend the night there, then on to FL visiting Jacksonville Beach and Anna Maria Island before our S2S cruises on Allure and Adventure. Last up will be 4 nights at Old Key West in Disney before heading home.  Three and a half weeks in total so I feel like I’m packing for all four seasons.  At least driving we don’t have to worry about saving luggage space.  
I’m sorry to read about the injuries to family members. I hope all are in the mend soon!

@Sea Dog I’m glad to hear the surgery went well and I hope you’re still relatively pain free.  How very sad that your Chiefs celebration was marred by yet another awful shooting. 

Have a great trip Deb!  If you're looking for a place to eat in Jax Beach, TacoLu is a very popular local place.  Great tacos.  We try to go there whenever we're down in that area.  They also set up a tent at The Player's golf tournament called Tacos on Twelve (it's behind the 12th green) that is always packed.

If you're staying along the beach, I'd also recommend getting a drink at the rooftop bar of the Casa Marina Hotel.  We went to a wedding at the Casa Marina a few years ago and the rooftop bar was a lot of fun.  For some reason I'm thinking that you mentioned staying at the Margaritaville Hotel.  If so, the Casa Marina is right next door.  

• Like 3

We are being hit with bad news today.  First, Charlie’s sister died after a long battle with Alzheimer’s.  Now my friend from Michigan called to let us know her husband is in the hospital with liver and esophagus problems.  They inserted a feeding tube and did biopsies.  We are praying for all.

• Like 17

7 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

We are being hit with bad news today.  First, Charlie’s sister died after a long battle with Alzheimer’s.  Now my friend from Michigan called to let us know her husband is in the hospital with liver and esophagus problems.  They inserted a feeding tube and did biopsies.  We are praying for all.

Marietta @DaniDanielle.

Sending prayers 🙏 and condolences to you both for the loss of Charlie's sister.

Prayers 🙏 also for your friends husband.

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

My condolences to Charlie and prayers for your friends.

Please give yourselves a big hug from me.

Edited by Arzeena
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

Have a great trip Deb!  If you're looking for a place to eat in Jax Beach, TacoLu is a very popular local place.  Great tacos.  We try to go there whenever we're down in that area.  They also set up a tent at The Player's golf tournament called Tacos on Twelve (it's behind the 12th green) that is always packed.

If you're staying along the beach, I'd also recommend getting a drink at the rooftop bar of the Casa Marina Hotel.  We went to a wedding at the Casa Marina a few years ago and the rooftop bar was a lot of fun.  For some reason I'm thinking that you mentioned staying at the Margaritaville Hotel.  If so, the Casa Marina is right next door.  

Thanks Bob!  Your memory is correct, we’ll be at the Margaritaville Hotel.  TacoLu sounds great as does Casa Marina. I’m a sucker for a rooftop bar so we’ll definitely try to get there. I’m hoping to spend some time at St John’s Town Center either before we check-in or the next day.  

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

Sorry for your loss, Marietta.  Sending prayers to all. 🙏🏻

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DaniDanielle said:

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss Marietta. Peace be with you, Charlie and the family.

52 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

@Sea Dog @bobmacliberty

first Buffalo Trace Old Fashioned 

IMG_1851.thumb.jpeg.64990ac98047cddd305fb22dadab3cc1.jpeg

Looks good Dave. Cheers to you!!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Speaking of Old Fashioneds, I had to go to the liquor store today because I ran out of this:

Amaro Meletti

Greg turned me on to Meletti as a part of his Sea Dog Special Old Fashioned recipe.  It's now part of almost every Old Fashioned that I make.  Don't think you'll find it on a Royal ship though.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Tree_skier said:

@Sea Dog @bobmacliberty

first Buffalo Trace Old Fashioned 

IMG_1851.thumb.jpeg.64990ac98047cddd305fb22dadab3cc1.jpeg

I will most likely have same drink about 6pm , I normally then switch to Bombay Sapphire and tonic , then a good bottle of either Napa Cabernet or Merlot with dinner . This is our normal go to place with live music nightly , tonight a excellent singer with a jazz trio to back him up.

Oppenheimer is now streaming on peacock, really good movie.

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Nothing better than an Old Fashioned in a Schooner Bar!  Was this your first drink?  I usually start with a Miami Vice and the Old Fashioneds don't happen until before dinner.

I started with a Goombay Smash then a Strongbow on the pool deck then down to the schooner for the old fashioned now I’m working on my second Moscow mule in the Champagne Bar after getting my haircut in the spa. I’m off to a very good start. 

IMG_1855.thumb.jpeg.6e3f8b56554e20781efb536a8a3512c3.jpeg

• Like 14

2 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

I started with a Goombay Smash then a Strongbow on the pool deck then down to the schooner for the old fashioned now I’m working on my second Moscow mule in the Champagne Bar after getting my haircut in the spa. I’m off to a very good start. 

IMG_1855.thumb.jpeg.6e3f8b56554e20781efb536a8a3512c3.jpeg

I like those Goombay Splash drinks. Try a Hotel Nacional in Bolero's and see what you think. I love them. Not too sweet.

20240207_152325.thumb.jpg.1bf3c42db6bf838fbb0a0fc338af92b3.jpg

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Speaking of Old Fashioneds, I had to go to the liquor store today because I ran out of this:

Amaro Meletti

Greg turned me on to Meletti as a part of his Sea Dog Special Old Fashioned recipe.  It's now part of almost every Old Fashioned that I make.  Don't think you'll find it on a Royal ship though.

Love this stuff. Oh does it really add to an Old Fashioned. Yes I wish you could get it onboard.

• Thanks 1