Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

27 minutes ago, SteelCityCruiser10 said:

Pork Belly Burnt Ends are started on the smoker.  This is my first time trying this cut of meat and recipe so hopefully it turns out ok.

Earlier today I made a batch of potato & cheese pierogies.  😋

IMG_3389.thumb.jpeg.fff144d3f357a9defb3f14148804e99b.jpeg

That sounds delicious! Never had one before.

25 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

That sounds delicious! Never had one before.

Oh my!  I love pierogies.  Kinda like a ravioli but bigger with cheesy mashed potato filling.  There’s tons of different fillings people do.  I stick to the tried and true potato/cheese.  Sautéed with onions or boiled with butter are typical preparations.

• Like 13

2 minutes ago, SteelCityCruiser10 said:

Oh my!  I love pierogies.  Kinda like a ravioli but bigger with cheesy mashed potato filling.  There’s tons of different fillings people do.  I stick to the tried and true potato/cheese.  Sautéed with onions or boiled with butter are typical preparations.

I need to find a restaurant that serves them. Sounds awesome.

53 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

I grew up on them and learned my moms/nana’s recipe so i could make my own and freeze big batches at a time.  They are a “pittsburgh thing” too hence the Pierogi races at PNC park baseball games 🤪

• Like 7

3 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

The Consumer Voice web "reviews" are a good warning to everyone here.  If you search online for best XXX, where XXX can be just about anything, you'll almost certainly find several web sites that are designed to look like independent review sites.  As @reallyitsmema said, these are NOT independent sites, even if they have names that sound independent, or official, or consumer friendly.  They typically have reviews that are paid for by companies wanting their products or services to look better than they often are.  Be sure that you only look at web sites from trusted sources. 

If you're not sure who to trust, ask here...someone who is familiar with the product or service area that you're searching can hopefully point you in a trustworthy direction.  I've mentioned Reddit here before.  Reddit is also a good source to ask questions but like many other online places, you'll need to evaluate the responses with a grain of salt.

Maybe I just am not familiar enough yet with Reddit but I find it rather hard to use. I guess I could just be missing something.🤔

2 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Well I got a late start this morning, ran to the store, grabbed sushi for brunch as I didnt want to go to bridge hungry. It is party bridge. Not what immused to. They play for money. Top couple gets $5, 2nd gets $4, bottom $3 I think. The rest is donsted to the veterans. Also I saw there is a friendly poker game here for small money I think friday nights. Never played for money prizes lol. But I'm in no danger of winning today.

My new partner Claire is 95 years old. She doesnt care if she wins, so it's all good. We didnt do wonderful but she doesnt care. We are playing together again tomorrow as partners. My last partner had alzheimer or one of those getting progressively worse until I finally quit and covid hit about then. She is a improvement over my last partner who kept forgetting previous bids. 

There are also games at the senior center in rockledge for $4 pp, $3 if I pay to join their senior center. I gave someone my name and phone number if someones sick and calls inland a partner needed. .. now to read all the posts here today and catch up. And I should do another box of unpacking. Need to make myself keep at it. Didnt make it to chair yoga this morning, bridge won for my time. I love to play. 

I am glad you are moving forward with your new life. You are another who deserves some peace after all you have been through with family, selling a house, an moving.

• Like 8

2 hours ago, SteelCityCruiser10 said:

Pork Belly Burnt Ends are started on the smoker.  This is my first time trying this cut of meat and recipe so hopefully it turns out ok.

They look SO good.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

They are. I have seen them in the Windjammer before. The problem is they are so good that I keep eating them and then there is no room for anything else. Sometimes I will ladle some tomato sauce on them if there is any around.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I am glad you are moving forward with your new life. You are another who deserves some peace after all you have been through with family, selling a house, an moving.

+1  I’ve been following your stories and been praying everything works out for you.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

They are. I have seen them in the Windjammer before. The problem is they are so good that I keep eating them and then there is no room for anything else. Sometimes I will ladle some tomato sauce on them if there is any around.

Once I read like a ravioli stuffed with mashed potatoes and cheese I was sold. 

• Like 6
  • Haha 3

20 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

I love pierogi, but have only made them once. I usually buy the frozen Mrs. T brand ones. They aren’t as good as homemade, but they’re pretty good. I boil them and then sauté with lots of onions. Yummy!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, akcruz said:

My son appreciates it, kind of, it's his birthday today.  He alternates between saying everyone is celebrating with him and that's my day not everybody's.

Happy Birthday to your son, April!!🎈

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Greg, you can also buy pierogies in the frozen food section and cook them in a little oil in a pan with onions. 😉 We then top them with sour cream once they're on our plate.  So yummy!!

• Like 6

3 hours ago, SteelCityCruiser10 said:

That looks amazing!!!!😃

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, ATG said:

I love pierogi, but have only made them once. I usually buy the frozen Mrs. T brand ones. They aren’t as good as homemade, but they’re pretty good. I boil them and then sauté with lots of onions. Yummy!

Saw that Walmart has them so Linda is going to get some when she goes to the store.

1 minute ago, Luckynana said:

Greg, you can also buy pierogies in the frozen food section and cook them in a little oil in a pan with onions. 😉 We then top them with sour cream once they're on our plate.  So yummy!!

That sounds so good. Definitely going to try that.

• Like 4

55 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Before I was married I lived off of frozen perogies. That and canned spam was about all I ever could afford. 

• Like 5

4 hours ago, SteelCityCruiser10 said:

Wish I would have seen this earlier.  I could have brought my crew around to help devour those.  They look really good. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

41 minutes ago, SteelCityCruiser10 said:

OMG … Pork Belly  burnt ends turned out amazing.  Soo good.  Big fan of this recipe.

IMG_3393.thumb.jpeg.f6b7ac73315af26594c87951e45f16c1.jpeg

IMG_3394.thumb.jpeg.3af515ab872e817b8393556e470d9850.jpeg

Those look really good. 

• Like 1

Well, we finally made it back from California.  We had that early flight on Tuesday morning, so we had to grab some breakfast at the airport and pay for some more of that high price California food.  

Three breakfast sandwiches with home fries and drink for $100

IMG_1346.thumb.jpeg.ec61e6cbd332bf05d22c9992ab9b697c.jpeg

Thank goodness we returned to the land of more reasonable prices.  Time for supper at Burgatory.  

IMG_1350.thumb.jpeg.eb55faad0531cca4204117a546107ccf.jpeg

Yeah, there was actually more than a milkshake, but it made the best photo.  

Next, it was time for some pool time workout

IMG_3246.thumb.jpeg.9d8aa1b3a5c3d4c4aa5c2ae59f20f9d0.jpeg

We decided to stay the night in Pittsburgh, even though our flight got in around 4 in the afternoon.  Why?

It was time to hit the ground running for the kick off of Summer of fun 4.0. 

Edited by h20skibum
  • Like 22
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, h20skibum said:

Well, we finally made it back from California.  We had that early flight on Tuesday morning, so we had to grab some breakfast at the airport and pay for some more of that high price California food.  

Three breakfast sandwiches with home fries and drink for $100

IMG_1346.thumb.jpeg.ec61e6cbd332bf05d22c9992ab9b697c.jpeg

Thank goodness we returned to the land of more reasonable prices.  Time for supper at Burgatory.  

IMG_1350.thumb.jpeg.eb55faad0531cca4204117a546107ccf.jpeg

Yeah, there was actually more than a milkshake, but it made the best photo.  

Next, it was time for some pool time workout

IMG_3246.thumb.jpeg.9d8aa1b3a5c3d4c4aa5c2ae59f20f9d0.jpeg

We decided to stay the night in Pittsburgh, even though our flight got in around 4 in the afternoon.  Why?

It was time to hit the ground running for the kick off of Summer of fun 4.0. 

That looks like a wonderful start to the summer of fun.  

• Like 3

Good morning.

It is 53°F and partly sunny in North East England at 06.49am.

We like a nice dessert and this crème brulee was delicious yesterday.

I pray everyone is safe and well especially Dani @dani negreanu and her family and friends.

I wish everyone a happy day.

IMG_20240619_193959.jpg

IMG_20240619_192710.jpg

• Like 12
  • Thanks 3