Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

6 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

For my Birthday breakfast we went to Mustache Bill's Diner.  I had a delicious Trenton pork roll omelet with tomatoes, onions and cheese then a nice stroll around good Old Barney.

Happy Birthday, looks like it starting off great.  Enjoy the day.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Remember that big storm in our area at the end of May? All of the downed trees & branches are still piled up by the streets waiting to be picked up by the city. They say they have now completed 50% of the pickup, but it really doesn't seem like it. 

In the meantime, normal bulk trash pickup has been suspended indefinitely while they focus on storm debris. That means the usual junk people would leave by the curb is not getting picked up for an even longer time. The city has stressed that they will not pick up the branches if there is any bulk trash mixed in. 

So someone in our neighborhood, not wanting their own house to be junked up by their trash, dumped a loveseat and a wooden pallet in our storm debris pile this morning. It's too big to fit in our cars to take to the dump. Brian moved them away from the branches so at least the city won't skip it, but now our yard looks like a trash pile due to rude neighbors. There's nowhere else for us to put it. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

For my Birthday breakfast we went to Mustache Bill's Diner.  I had a delicious Trenton pork roll omelet with tomatoes, onions and cheese then a nice stroll around good Old Barney.

20240621_083103.thumb.jpg.4509132c2b673d04fde1094baafc78c2.jpg

20240621_083541.thumb.jpg.f8d988e3e4cca86dfaed0aec2a2f3fcc.jpg

20240621_083457.thumb.jpg.002c087306ba2f100899687c23476944.jpg

Happy Birthday to my birthday twin 🎉🥳

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

He was in so many good movies.  For some reason, this line from Animal House always stuck in my head:

YARN | Listen, I'm not joking. This is my job. | Animal ...

One of the best acting performances of Donald Sutherland in my opinion was in the film Eye Of The Needle.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

My childhood roller coaster was named The Comet and was at Crystal Beach amusement park in Ontario.  Built in the 40s.  It was across the border from us in Canada, back when you could drive back and forth with no passport.  We'd go there a couple of times a year, so it was always a big deal when we went.  The Comet had a great first drop and a lot of airtime.  The park closed for good in the 80s or 90s but I heard that the coaster was taken down and rebuilt elsewhere, and is still in use.  

Edit: Still running at the Great Escape & Splashwater Kingdom in Lake George, NY.

Roller Coaster Landmark - Comet (The) - American Coaster Enthusiasts (ACE) (aceonline.org)

My favorite rollercoaster was in Fairyland in NY.

I decided to watch Jeopardy last evening .I had not watched the show since Alex Trebeck left the planet.Much to my surprise on of the contestants was Drew who was on Survivor last season.He will be back on tonight.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Are you going to Silver Dollar City?  The Marvel Cave at SDC is nice!  We have been to SDC several times.  We would walk pass the cave entrance without really noticing it.   The last time there we went on the Cave tour. Nice! You will be amazed. 

We’ve been many times.  The first on our honeymoon.  We have season tickets as we like to go to around Christmas time for all the lights as well as summer.  I haven’t done the cave for a few years but should probably go this time as pretty soon I’ll be too old to do all those stairs.  Honestly we love SDC.  We enjoy the music, the atmosphere, the food. We’re also planning on doing Sight and Sound theater and the titanic museum.  The later is probably a tourist trap but I’ve always wanted to go to one. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

Remember that big storm in our area at the end of May? All of the downed trees & branches are still piled up by the streets waiting to be picked up by the city. They say they have now completed 50% of the pickup, but it really doesn't seem like it. 

In the meantime, normal bulk trash pickup has been suspended indefinitely while they focus on storm debris. That means the usual junk people would leave by the curb is not getting picked up for an even longer time. The city has stressed that they will not pick up the branches if there is any bulk trash mixed in. 

So someone in our neighborhood, not wanting their own house to be junked up by their trash, dumped a loveseat and a wooden pallet in our storm debris pile this morning. It's too big to fit in our cars to take to the dump. Brian moved them away from the branches so at least the city won't skip it, but now our yard looks like a trash pile due to rude neighbors. There's nowhere else for us to put it. 

That's just downright rude and nasty.  I've seen things like this thousands of times in my life, but I still wonder how some people can be so ignorant.  

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

Too bad you don’t know who did it so you could take it back.  Ridiculous.  The tree debris on our street hasn’t been picked up yet either. 

• Like 4

21 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

One year while I was busy with my ailing parents I paid someone around $800 to do our patio, side of house and front walkway since then I have been cheap and do myself.   I have fun doing it and seeing the results.     Eric knows to stay out my way when he sees me bring the pressure washer from the shed.   Otherwise he would have a deep wash that he wouldn't want😂

When we get home from the shore I need to re-apply polymeric sand to that patio pavers.    

I also enjoy power washing, but was glad to give the job of washing the house to the young man this time around.  I had power washed the concrete around out pool about two weeks ago, and still have the gate to the yard and back fence to wash.  I also need to wash the pavers and get rid of the peaking weeds in between.  Is it a big job to apply polymeric sand to the pavers, Debbie?  

• Like 4

Well some days are just not meant to go well.  For a few weeks I just haven't felt great but nothing that didn't go away.  This morning after my husband left for Georgia to go look at a Farmall High Crop made the same year he was born I started having pain on the lower left.  The kind of pain that can make a person cry.  Called my Dr.  No appointments available so suggested I go to urgent care.  I was pretty sure that it was more then urgent care could handle.

Drove myself to the ER.  They are so nice there.   No waiting and everyone was so nice even if it did take 3 tries to start the IV line.  Tramadol on board and I felt all better and after the CT scan that verified a kidney stone I was sent home with a referral to a urologist.  Several meds were sent to the pharmacy.  Or maybe not.

Half way home they call to say one of the prescriptions glitched so I needed to come back and get a written one to take to the pharmacy.  Back I go, get the prescription, drop it off and go home.  Call the urologist and have an appointment Monday.  The pharmacy texts the prescription is ready.  I  call and they didn't get the other prescriptions so back I go to the ER to get written ones.  Then to the pharmacy.  I begged and they filled them while I was there.

So that was my day.  Sigh.

• Like 21

10 hours ago, HBE4 said:

I've never pressure washed anything.  I'll hose down the driveway whenever I wash the car & occasionally will hose down the back deck with the same garden hose.  The nozzle does have a "turbo jet" setting that increases the pressure which seems to be enough. 

The house is a medium dark-ish blue so it hides the dirt very well. It'll probably look a little better if I pressure wash it but it certainly does not look dingy.

Our house here in NJ has white siding, which I always used Wet and Forget, but I could never reach the second story, unless I got on a ladder.  This year the house needed a good cleaning in the front after having some work done, and I was going to go on a ladder to clean the house.  I'm actually getting a little bit older now (can you imagine🤔) and when I saw the young man power washing the house across the street, we hired him to do the entire house.

Our home back on Staten Island was over a hundred years old when we bought it back in 1975, and it had the original clapboard, which Jim and I painted every couple of years;  and painted, and painted...washing a house is so much easier!!😉

• Like 6

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

That's just downright rude and nasty.  I've seen things like this thousands of times in my life, but I still wonder how some people can be so ignorant.  

I think you'd call that entitlement!!!🤬

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, Keksie said:

Well some days are just not meant to go well.  For a few weeks I just haven't felt great but nothing that didn't go away.  This morning after my husband left for Georgia to go look at a Farmall High Crop made the same year he was born I started having pain on the lower left.  The kind of pain that can make a person cry.  Called my Dr.  No appointments available so suggested I go to urgent care.  I was pretty sure that it was more then urgent care could handle.

Drove myself to the ER.  They are so nice there.   No waiting and everyone was so nice even if it did take 3 tries to start the IV line.  Tramadol on board and I felt all better and after the CT scan that verified a kidney stone I was sent home with a referral to a urologist.  Several meds were sent to the pharmacy.  Or maybe not.

Half way home they call to say one of the prescriptions glitched so I needed to come back and get a written one to take to the pharmacy.  Back I go, get the prescription, drop it off and go home.  Call the urologist and have an appointment Monday.  The pharmacy texts the prescription is ready.  I  call and they didn't get the other prescriptions so back I go to the ER to get written ones.  Then to the pharmacy.  I begged and they filled them while I was there.

Oh Karen, I am so sorry.  Not only that you have the kidney stone, but also that your DH wasn't home to both take you to Urgent Care, and then to drive back and forth in circles just to get your meds.  I do hope you feel better quickly.  (((hugs)))

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

How people can think that's OK is just beyond me.  Wish you knew who it was so you could return the favor.  Anybody moving soon, can't think of another reason to have to put those out now.  Just sad.

58 minutes ago, Keksie said:

Ouch, hoping the rest of your weekend is pain free or at least less painful.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Luckynana said:

Our house here in NJ has white siding, which I always used Wet and Forget, but I could never reach the second story, unless I got on a ladder.  This year the house needed a good cleaning in the front after having some work done, and I was going to go on a ladder to clean the house.  I'm actually getting a little bit older now (can you imagine🤔) and when I saw the young man power washing the house across the street, we hired him to do the entire house.

Our home back on Staten Island was over a hundred years old when we bought it back in 1975, and it had the original clapboard, which Jim and I painted every couple of years;  and painted, and painted...washing a house is so much easier!!😉

I have Italian stucco on my house. Have not had to touch it in 30 years. It was pigmented to the color I wanted so no fading and no painting. And gray never looks dirty.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Keksie said:

Kidney stones mostly hurt when they are moving which is good. It is good to be up and around, or at least sitting up as gravity will help pull the stone through. Drinking fluid is helpful too. Hopefully, you will pass it on your own.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Just now, Ocean Boy said:

Kidney stones mostly hurt when they are moving which is good. It is good to be up and around, or at least sitting up as gravity will help pull the stone through. Drinking fluid is helpful too. Hopefully, you will pass it on your own.

I am drinking water like crazy.  I usually drink a couple of bottles of water a day and I am upping that.  I did take the dog on his walk this evening and now I am sitting and knitting.  The Dr said he didn't think it would take much longer and it was small.  At least I am not dealing with this on a cruise.  

• Like 14

1 hour ago, Keksie said:

I’m so sorry as I can relate. I had a kidney stone and it was the worst pain I had ever experienced. I too went to the ER and they gave me some meds but it did not help. Eventually I was able to get it zapped but I don’t wish that pain on anybody.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

I’m so sorry as I can relate. I had a kidney stone and it was the worst pain I had ever experienced. I too went to the ER and they gave me some meds but it did not help. Eventually I was able to get it zapped but I don’t wish that pain on anybody.

The meds they gave me really helped so far.  I am just tender and icky feeling.  I am glad I have an appointment Monday to see what the urologist says. 

• Like 5

24 minutes ago, Keksie said:

I am drinking water like crazy.  I usually drink a couple of bottles of water a day and I am upping that.  I did take the dog on his walk this evening and now I am sitting and knitting.  The Dr said he didn't think it would take much longer and it was small.  At least I am not dealing with this on a cruise.  

Ouch!! Hope it passes quickly.

• Thanks 1