Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

I didn't want to post the following on the Wonder (Bella 02) roll call since it's specifically for us Bella cruisers and most of us post on this thread:

I wonder if John/Lala can somehow reserve the use of a conference room on Wonder for Bella 02 like was done for Bella 01.  It was great having one place our Bella group could meet on day 1.  

Thoughts anyone?

• Like 5

14 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

How's Wendall doing?  Is she driving him nuts or trying to be besties?

They haven’t met yet. He lives in New Jersey with Sherlock and Quincy.  My son and family are coming home from Vegas today so we are going to make plans to introduce them.  Should be interesting, Wendall liked being an only child and wasn’t happy with more dogs coming in so meeting Rue will probably make him wonder if she is here to stay!

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

I guess if I wanted to be an actor I should have started a long time ago. That being said I was the lead in my 6th grade play and as a drummer and performer all my life I can be a ham. Hopefully I won’t be nervous. How hard will it be to pretend I’m having a conversation with someone in the background or walk behind someone.😆

I was an Extra in two movies:The Night They Raided Minsky’s and You’re A Big Boy Now.

• Like 10

16 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Congratulations Greg!  You're a Natural for this movie.  😉  I'm so happy for you!!

The brother of one of my one time co-workers was sitting in front of his house in Staten Island.He was approached by a guy who was one of the Producers of a film called the Godfather.My co workers brother appeared in a scene in Godfather I.

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

The brother of one of my one time co-workers was sitting in front of his house in Staten Island.He was approached by a guy who was one of the Producers of a film called the Godfather.My co workers brother appeared in a scene in Godfather I.

My husband’s cousin was one of the many bridesmaids. 

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

I was an Extra in two movies:The Night They Raided Minsky’s and You’re A Big Boy Now.

Very cool. This will be my first. There is much movie shooting in KC. Maybe if there is another I will apply for that. A lot easier now that I am retired

• Like 7

1 hour ago, reallyitsmema said:

@Coralc I hope you are doing better and your pain has decreased.  I haven't seen you post, so was wondering how you were doing. 🙂 

Thanks for asking mema. No, not really, and I have only been online for about half an hour a day. Mostly reading. This is really awful pain, but it is getting a little better everyday. The PT exercises hurt and walking with the walker is not really walking. It is slide bad leg and walker a little, use arms to move other leg forward. Very tiring. And it hurts. (much worse than hip replacements)

Thanks for asking though, I really appreciate it. I haven't posted because I didn't want to sound anymore whiney, than I already am. 😊

• Like 18
  • Thanks 5

4 minutes ago, Coralc said:

Thanks for asking mema. No, not really, and I have only been online for about half an hour a day. Mostly reading. This is really awful pain, but it is getting a little better everyday. The PT exercises hurt and walking with the walker is not really walking. It is slide bad leg and walker a little, use arms to move other leg forward. Very tiring. And it hurts. (much worse than hip replacements)

Thanks for asking though, I really appreciate it. I haven't posted because I didn't want to sound anymore whiney, than I already am. 😊

Thanks for updating us.  You are not whiney at all.  I am sorry it isn't improving, constant pain like that is horrible.  I hope it improves soon.  Whine here all you want if it helps! 🤩

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

Very cool. This will be my first. There is much movie shooting in KC. Maybe if there is another I will apply for that. A lot easier now that I am retired

The late actor Tony Sirico who was in Godfather II and one of the stars of The Sopranos was an extra in a 1974 movie at age 52
This could be the start of your new career.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

The best thing for me was getting to keep some of the clothing that I had to wear in my scene and having the opportunity to chat with some of the actors.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Coralc said:

Sending you healing prayers 🙏.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 7/16/2024 at 2:27 PM, Momof3gurlz said:

Okay my cruising friends, particularly those of you who have done a Norwegian Fjords cruise, I’m looking for some input.  We are considering planning one for next spring and I want to get the most bang for my buck, scenery wise.  Celebrity Apex has three sailings in May, all with different port stops. These are the itineraries for each, two are 7 night cruises and one is an 8 nighter.  They all have two sea days at different points. 

5/3 - Haugesund, Olden, Flam, Bergen

5/10 - Nordfjord, Flam, Geiranger, Brussels Belgium (8 nts)

5/17 - Brussels, Olden, Geiranger, Alesund, Stavanger

Celebrity Eclipse has a 12 night which also includes the Arctic Circle but it departs on June 5th.  This would mean missing my new grandson Tyler’s first birthday, so that’s a no go for us. 

I feel like Geiranger is the ‘not to be missed’ port for seeing fjords and more nights are always better, so I’m leaning towards the May 17th itinerary. 

Thoughts??

Wished I could help, but we haven’t been to any of those ports yet. We go to Olden, Flam and Alesund next month.

Edited by ReneeFLL
  • Like 5

20 hours ago, Keksie said:

Alesund - second favorite port.  We took a bus trip on the Path of the Trolls.  We saw so many things and it was a lot of fun.

What company was this with?