Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

This summer we have been doing weekend getaway’s in our motor home. 

We have left Lizzy home with extra food and water dishes. 

Then I babysit Monday through Wednesday at our daughters house. 
So in essence I am only home lest than 48 hours a week. 

During that time wherever I am at or whatever I do I have my guardian watching ever move I make. 

IMG_1282.thumb.jpeg.3d9c3c29b4830e653ab4f0dd0cfa8ce1.jpeg

Soon when the kitten is gone she will land cruise with us. 

Be safe. 

Edited by Lionesss
  • Like 13
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, MJSailors said:

Lenny-Sad news about your Granddog.

Our pets are part of our families and we always want the best for them.

Hoping the outcome is better than expected.

MJ🙋🏻‍♀️

HThank you,MJ .My daughter and family had a dog who passed away a few years ago after an illness.They were not planning to get another dog because of their emotional distress but changed their mind 3 years ago and got their present dog.He is so lovable .We are hoping for the best.

17 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:
38 minutes ago, MJSailors said:

Lenny-Sad news about your Granddog.

Our pets are part of our families and we always want the best for them.

Hoping the outcome is better than expected.

MJ🙋🏻‍♀️

HThank you,MJ .My daughter and family had a dog who passed away a few years ago after an illness.They were not planning to get another dog because of their emotional distress but changed their mind 3 years ago and got their present dog.He is so lovable .We are hoping for the best.

🙏🤞

My daughter and family were planning to go on their first cruise in 6 years and had to cancel due to their dog ‘s accident .Once their dog is able to go home everything will be different and they were told that it would be a minimum of four weeks till their dog is able to function in his new way of doing everything.

For some reason they did not take out insurance for the cruise.My daughter was in conversation with someone from the cruise line Celebrity who only offered 25% credit on a future cruise.

Anyone have any suggestions for what they could do to possibly get at least a 50% refund ?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Arzeena said:

Sorry I missed this. 

Scissors in checked luggage.

I usually have bandage scissors in my checked luggage along with gauze dressings, non stick pads and bandages and never had a problem. DH is high maintenance, on many meds, and I seem to need to carry a small pharmacy with me when we travel!

https://www.amazon.com/Stainless-Trauma-Bandage-Scissors-SurgicalOnline/dp/B075WZP7FF/ref=asc_df_B075WZP7FF/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=693071814211&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=11588660895857372361&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9011859&hvtargid=pla-943758564451&psc=1&mcid=458b28acb5a4375e8d2d28ee8c4515e3&gad_source=1

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

I know there are a few Celebrity cruisers here, so I'll try this question here first before venturing to the Celebrity boards.  We're looking at taking our first Celebrity cruise out of Port Canaveral (easy drive) sometime this winter.  The only ship out of Port Canaveral at that time is Equinox.  We want to try the Retreat.  I'm considering booking a suite guarantee...which I'm guessing will almost certainly end up putting us in an entry level Sky Suite.  That saves us about $200 vs. booking a specific Sky Suite.  Are there any "bad" Sky Suite locations such that's it's worth spending an extra $200 to get a specific cabin location?  Seems like all regular Sky Suites are on deck 12.

Anything else worth considering before booking something on Equinox?  We already have our Captain's Club numbers which translates from our Royal D+ to Elite Plus.  Ken...look for an email when you get back from your Utopia cruise. 🙂

Here is a similar post on celebrity board

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/3019352-celebrity-suite-guarantee/

10 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Yesterday, we had our granddaughter, while her brother was off to a golf match. He won. 

We took the other two to the trampoline park for some jumping

IMG_1929.thumb.jpeg.a82639c814af39d56db1bacfca1bf343.jpeg

and some other games. 

IMG_1931.thumb.jpeg.33ff56ec72d2a39ebd48a8d3d529b2bd.jpeg

Supper at the Japanese restaurant, because they both love teriyaki salmon

IMG_1940.thumb.jpeg.c5a3568fda968597a82222ce5c9c705d.jpeg

Congratulations to your grandson on his win at Golf.  He is quite the athlete!

I'm amazed at not only the appetites of your grands, but also of their wholesome palates!

• Like 1

21 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

We just made final payment for our first b2b cruise in Oct/Nov on Harmony, after which we will be RCI DIAMONDS!  Just in time for Bella02 😁

Congratulations!  My upcoming Aug 2nd 8 night cruise will finally push me in the the Diamond realm as well. Also just in time for Bella 2. 🙂

With the 4 drink voucher, I'm going to have to rethink my Deluxe Drink package math. I usually buy it & generally breakeven give or take $30-$40 either way. I just like having the convenience of knowing everything is paid for upfront & trying new drinks I wouldn't normally purchase.

Then again, from what I read, even with the 4 additional drinks, I still may need the drink package. 😆

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Thanks,Maryann.He has to be in the animal hospital for awhile.I am not sure how long.My youngest daughter who is a HS Teacher returned Saturday from a two week trip in Israel with a group of Educators.She left her car by my house and came here from the airport .Instead of having a nice afternoon we were all crying

I'm so sorry, Lenny😔

• Like 1

9 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

My logic would be...these are brand new chairs so the bands must have been in place for shipping to keep the chairs in an upright position.  They must have forgotten to remove the "shipping bands" when putting the chair on the balcony. 

That was exactly my thinking as well.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

We are not sure how it happened but his two hind legs were paralyzed and the surgery did not go well.The Veterinary Surgeon is supposedly the best in Long Island .He is likely going to be in a dog wheelchair when he comes home.

Thank you ,Debbie for your words and prayers.

I'm so sorry to hear about this Lenny.   Hopefully he'll adapt to his new situation quickly and with the extra attention he is sure to receive, will have many more happy years ahead of him.

• Like 3

That's very sad about your daughter's dog, Len. 

Yah! I was finally able to take a shower today, after 2 weeks. I have been visualizing the procedures needed for the last few days, and it went flawlessly. 

I can certainly sympathize now (strongly) with what Marian,  @helen haywood has been going through with her recovery.

I think this is my last week for PT, OT and nurse visits. 

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

Congratulations!  My upcoming Aug 2nd 8 night cruise will finally push me in the the Diamond realm as well. Also just in time for Bella 2. 🙂

With the 4 drink voucher, I'm going to have to rethink my Deluxe Drink package math. I usually buy it & generally breakeven give or take $30-$40 either way. I just like having the convenience of knowing everything is paid for upfront & trying new drinks I wouldn't normally purchase.

Then again, from what I read, even with the 4 additional drinks, I still may need the drink package. 😆

Unlike most in here and especially Schooner Bar "residents", I'm happy with one Miami Vice per night and a few daily diet colas.  Jack's choice of drink is water, some diet coke. I bring 2 bottles of Moscato on board per cruise and some diet pepsi/diet cream cans to have in the cabin.  We're easy maintenance!

Congrats to you also for your upcoming Diamond status.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, HBE4 said:

Congratulations, 4 drinks would not be enough on vacation for me , we do suites so we get 3 hour happy hour plus 5 free drinks for diamond plus. Suites are a easy way to get from diamond to diamond plus😁😁

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, George C said:

Congratulations, 4 drinks would not be enough on vacation for me , we do suites so we get 3 hour happy hour plus 5 free drinks for diamond plus. Suites are a easy way to get from diamond to diamond plus😁😁

4 drinks a day is not enough for me either, it just changes the "breakeven" point on whether I buy the package or not.  But I'm sure I'm up to the challenge.

I might be mistaken but as a solo passenger in a suite, I get triple points. I might need to upgrade my room for my upcoming cruises. It's possible a couple of 7 nighters & 8 nighters will get me to D+ real quick. 🙂

Edited by HBE4
  • Like 6

My daughter brought over four old laptops today.  She wanted me to clean them out so she could dispose of them.  One of them was in a case from her college days. I don’t recall who was talking about AOL (it might have been on Harry’s thread), but I found this in her bag. 

IMG_1953.thumb.jpeg.4574b08958110ae5b297fa886f81ce27.jpeg

One of the other things I found was an SD card in one that had pictures of the birth of my grandson.  

Now, that was a surprise.  

• Like 10
  • Haha 3

26 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

One of the other things I found was an SD card in one that had pictures of the birth of my grandson.  

Now, that was a surprise.  

A really nice surprise!!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HBE4 said:

We haven't purchased the drink package since turning D and getting the 4 free vouchers.  We still get as many drinks as we want and have sometimes racked up a pretty good alcohol bill the end of the cruise, but we never spend as much as we would have buying 2 drink packages.  We usually have access to the suite happy hour though.  YMMV.

• Like 7

3 hours ago, George C said:

Here is a similar post on celebrity board

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/3019352-celebrity-suite-guarantee/

Thanks George (and everyone else who answered)!  Helpful thread.  Looks like it's worth an extra $200 to choose a specific Sky Suite that has fewer noise issues.  I added a question to that thread looking for help in picking such a suite.  I think all Sky Suites are under the Ocean View Cafe, but some apparently are under carpeted areas that are much quieter than carts being rolled across hard floors.  Any suggestions on specific Sky Suites that are quieter from members of this thread would be greatly appreciated.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

We are not sure how it happened but his two hind legs were paralyzed and the surgery did not go well.The Veterinary Surgeon is supposedly the best in Long Island .He is likely going to be in a dog wheelchair when he comes home.

Thank you ,Debbie for your words and prayers.

Ah the poor pup, sorry to hear surgery didn't go well.   Here's hoping for a miracle and that he will walk again someday soon.🙏

• Like 2