Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

4 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

I've been off the thread for a bit.  Life has intruded on pleasure for a couple of months now but I'm all caught up now.

Happy birthday to @FromSea2ShiningSea Helen.  

There has been very big news in the Tree_skier household...  

I am going to be a great grand father...   That's right, at the ripe old age of 59 I will see the 4th generation of my lineage enter the world.

They said they were gong to wait but here we are...  Everyone is ecstatic.  I've started calling my daughter grandma. 🤣

74459605257__0659DC78-E720-4F15-8EE7-3CA847C575C7.jpeg

Congratulations Dave!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

I've been off the thread for a bit.  Life has intruded on pleasure for a couple of months now but I'm all caught up now.

I am going to be a great grand father...   That's right, at the ripe old age of 59 I will see the 4th generation of my lineage enter the world.

They said they were gong to wait but here we are...  Everyone is ecstatic.  I've started calling my daughter grandma. 🤣

Congratulations.  A new baby how fun.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

Congratulations!!!

• Thanks 1

On 7/29/2024 at 9:33 AM, Sea Dog said:

This happened to my wife’s iPad. The connector has become loose which can happen with non apple charging cables. Apple sales guy told Linda they don’t repair them and that she should get a new one which she did. There are places that can fix it but it may cost several hundred dollars. The new iPads use a usb-c connector which is better.

On 7/29/2024 at 9:35 AM, DeltaOne said:

It's likely the wires inside the cable have worn and become broken from being bent many, many times.  Same thing happens to my wife, she goes through about two cables a year.

Order a six-foot cable from Amazon.  There are many cheap cables sold on Amazon with fake reviews.  Stick with a known vendor like Belkin or Anker.  

Paracable is one of the best, but they carry a premium price tag too.  Some say buy the best cables, some say buy the cheaper cables and replace them every so often.

Thanks for the info. Mike bought new cables and now it works fine. I didn’t really think it was the cables since both stopped working at the same time.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tree_skier said:

Adding my congratulations!

1 hour ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Finnley is doing better.  Her family went to Branson for a break. 

Yesterday....

IMG_6435.thumb.jpg.a10f82e2d8ece9f109d72178b4f0ead7.jpg

Her "Wow" moment.....

Today.....

FullSizeRender.thumb.jpg.3221a44c52e55e1852a0fd8d6efd7a61.jpg

IMG_6487.thumb.jpg.94d37b4ac5ca81296a6dd82d4ffb51e7.jpg

Such a sweetheart girl! So glad she's better.

Edited by BonTexasNY
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

Thanks for the info. Mike bought new cables and now it works fine. I didn’t really think it was the cables since both stopped working at the same time.

Nice.  My wife is rough on the cables, I always have a spare or two on hand.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

My granddaughter is home, well, here at my house.  They are spending the night then heading back to Brooklyn tomorrow.  The weather is atrocious!

Glad she made it home.  Smart they are staying until weather clears.  I hope it isn't too bad, DH just left NJ to drive home.  He has been away on business all week.  There is already a tornado watch for the majority of his drive.  ☹️

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

Congratulations Dave on being a great grandfather.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Made it to my daughter’s house in Cincinnati safely. Had a few rough miles thru the Debby rain in South Carolina Wednesday afternoon but otherwise non-eventful. I forgot what it’s like being in a house with a kitten. Everything is a toy, including bare feet. No matter you go or what you do, Merlin is there. You can practically hear him saying, “whatcha doin?”  Every morning is wrestle time with my daughter’s other 4 year old cat Onyxia (aka Stinky, aka The Stink). Stinky always runs out of gas first. 

How old is the kitten?

On 8/2/2024 at 8:57 PM, firefly333 said:

You could book adventure for over xmas. I booked rather late, and see some cc familiar names, molly etc. Prices seem to be dropping. My 8 day before this one dropped but my TA said I'd lose the early booking obc and I said forget about it, but booking dkrect it's down from the group rate I booked. Prices arent bad for a xmas cruise and DP340 worked. I'm guessing demand is down for older ships for prices to be dropping. Im doing the b2b. DR is a new port, it's an eastern. I think grand bahamas on xmas day maybe. Been forever since I was there. You could show off your christmas purses. And your fancy dress. 

Thanks for the info about the Adventure. I prefer to sail out of Fort Lauderdale or Miami, but we did a Christmas cruise last year out of PC. I’ll look into it.

I’m happy I came across the Santa purse on eBay. It’s an older purse since it has the old style MF tag on it, but I’m not sure when it was made. Out of curiosity I’ll need to research it. When I saw the one, I googled for others to see if I could get it cheaper. There weren’t many out there.

Edited by ReneeFLL
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

Wow! You are only 8 years older than I am, and I still have a 14 year-old at home. 😂 (We got a late start.)

CONGRATULATIONS!!! How exciting!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

On 8/2/2024 at 9:28 PM, derorim said:

Those are cute. I like the fact that you’re not afraid to change the handle to suit you with your own beads. 

Thanks. If there’s something I really like, but don’t like a minor “issue” I have a habit of changing it more to my liking. I’ll keep the original handle, but make a new one.

On 8/2/2024 at 9:49 PM, Ocean Boy said:

It is August and you just got into the pool???🤔🤔

I know, right! We aren’t really pool people and were looking for a house without a pool, but ending up buying this one. Some years we will use it more than others.

• Like 2

On 8/2/2024 at 11:08 PM, aussielozzie18 said:

@ReneeFLL  Love your latest additions to your bag collection.

Ms Chloe has reached a grand age so being a loud grand old lady is deserved.  Funny that you have to warn the neighbours though.

Thanks, she is so loud it’s deafening.

On 8/3/2024 at 12:15 AM, firefly333 said:

Well anyway I love your new purses and they will go so well with your shell dress. You should book a Christmas cruise so others can see them too. 

Thanks, I’ll look into it.

On 8/3/2024 at 7:43 AM, bobmacliberty said:

Last night was "Sounds on Centre", where they close down part of Centre Street in our downtown area and have a live band play.  Happens the first Friday of the month throughout the summer.  Beautiful sunset from the marina after.

APC_4224.thumb.JPG.84a5c6d45a37ccfd468e097b99399ef7.JPG

Absolutely beautiful.

• Like 1