Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

24 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

And so we begin the long trek home.  We spent two nights in Waikiki, visiting Pearl Harbor while we were there. It was incredibly moving.  Although not unexpected, we were still taken aback by just how crowded and commercial Waikiki is.  One high end store or mall after another.  But we had a nice ocean front room at the Outrigger Reef with a balcony that felt like a cruise ship balcony 🙂.  
We then flew to Kauai which is everything I imagined Hawaii to be;  lush, green, laid back unspoiled and just gorgeous.  Our resort, Koloa Landing in Poipu, could not have been better.  We took a sunset catamaran cruise Tuesday along the NaPali coast.  All I can say is wow, wow, wow. Pictures don’t do it justice.  Waimea Canyon was also spectacular. This trip truly lived up to our expectations and I wouldn’t change a thing.  
IMG_2321.thumb.jpeg.875b38e9a79199fa77e8b763caffec27.jpeg

IMG_2314.thumb.jpeg.b37b89db251e9b61200d0bbb3a6474dd.jpeg

Our last night on Oahu

IMG_2602.thumb.jpeg.60a56a4da4cf2abdbc2a0a49fa5a3615.jpeg

IMG_2606.thumb.jpeg.910c53fcd9b1ada7f7d797d4aeb06198.jpeg

You know you’re in a small airport when you see this in baggage claim 😂

IMG_2341.thumb.jpeg.c20ba53c24d03f5c9bfbb2815ead74a6.jpeg

Koloa Landing

IMG_2609.thumb.jpeg.a05cfcff584f21de52338ebd10aa0ed7.jpeg

IMG_2620.thumb.jpeg.5fe5dbb96dcbafee39834ce16d159b42.jpeg

IMG_2376.thumb.jpeg.5dca7631ed33543e880495b91d5276c7.jpeg

IMG_2378.thumb.jpeg.4bd6772578e461a8e39d8237178543bd.jpeg

IMG_2393.thumb.jpeg.58e873a68a3171716f6146ea74d4f1ff.jpeg

IMG_2397.thumb.jpeg.b6ab308fe6732003d9aef596aa576ff6.jpeg

our last night in Kauai 😢

IMG_2698.thumb.jpeg.fc934c330ad837d6105fe64cdfaac335.jpeg

Gorgeous pictures.  Must be hard leaving such a beautiful place.  Safe travels home to you both.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

And so we begin the long trek home.  We spent two nights in Waikiki, visiting Pearl Harbor while we were there. It was incredibly moving.  Although not unexpected, we were still taken aback by just how crowded and commercial Waikiki is.  One high end store or mall after another.  But we had a nice ocean front room at the Outrigger Reef with a balcony that felt like a cruise ship balcony 🙂.  
We then flew to Kauai which is everything I imagined Hawaii to be;  lush, green, laid back unspoiled and just gorgeous.  Our resort, Koloa Landing in Poipu, could not have been better.  We took a sunset catamaran cruise Tuesday along the NaPali coast.  All I can say is wow, wow, wow. Pictures don’t do it justice.  Waimea Canyon was also spectacular. This trip truly lived up to our expectations and I wouldn’t change a thing.  
IMG_2321.thumb.jpeg.875b38e9a79199fa77e8b763caffec27.jpeg

IMG_2314.thumb.jpeg.b37b89db251e9b61200d0bbb3a6474dd.jpeg

Our last night on Oahu

IMG_2602.thumb.jpeg.60a56a4da4cf2abdbc2a0a49fa5a3615.jpeg

IMG_2606.thumb.jpeg.910c53fcd9b1ada7f7d797d4aeb06198.jpeg

You know you’re in a small airport when you see this in baggage claim 😂

IMG_2341.thumb.jpeg.c20ba53c24d03f5c9bfbb2815ead74a6.jpeg

Koloa Landing

IMG_2609.thumb.jpeg.a05cfcff584f21de52338ebd10aa0ed7.jpeg

IMG_2620.thumb.jpeg.5fe5dbb96dcbafee39834ce16d159b42.jpeg

IMG_2376.thumb.jpeg.5dca7631ed33543e880495b91d5276c7.jpeg

IMG_2378.thumb.jpeg.4bd6772578e461a8e39d8237178543bd.jpeg

IMG_2393.thumb.jpeg.58e873a68a3171716f6146ea74d4f1ff.jpeg

IMG_2397.thumb.jpeg.b6ab308fe6732003d9aef596aa576ff6.jpeg

our last night in Kauai 😢

IMG_2698.thumb.jpeg.fc934c330ad837d6105fe64cdfaac335.jpeg

What a wonderful trip.  Great pictures

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

@Sea Dog  sorry Greg, we didn’t make it to Tahiti Nui.

My pick for the best Mai Tai is the one at Monkepod, ingredients listed below. Some I tried were too fruity, while others had too much orgeat.  Maybe it was the macadamia orgeat or maybe it was the honey lilikoi foam, but either way it was a winner.  IMG_2273.thumb.jpeg.4d7f0f99eea4b0bcb13993892e9fd1a3.jpeg

That looks really good. I know the Hawaiian versions of the Mai Tai are way sweeter with the extra juices. Your pictures look incredible. I made some notes of your visit to Kauai for when we go there. Thanks for sharing your great experiences.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Thanks for sharing pictures of your stay in Hawaii. They brought back wonderful memories. I'm so jealous!  You had a long trip home... did you fly in two or three segments?  We recently took a 5 hour non-stop flight and I thought it would never end.  🙂 

• Like 3

21 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Thank you for asking.  We are both doing good.  I'm sad summer is coming to an end and cannot wait to get back to LBI.  House is rented up through Chowderfest.  

Have you ever been to Chowderfest?  Lots of fun but very crowded.  

I was happy to read your GS is doing well adjusting to life with diabetes.  That's Great!   

Thank you, Debbie.

No, we've never been to Chowderfest.  Where abouts is it held?  Parking must be tough

When do you head back to LBI?

48 minutes ago, taznremmy said:

Dave,

See you on Friday!

Pat

Oh it'll be great to see you... for some reason I got confused about which one you were on.  For some reason I had it in my head that you were on the one I'm going to be at the end of Oct over Halloween not this one... 🙂 

My memory isn't what it used to be. 

I was born with a photographic memory, sadly I ran out of film when I was five.

Screenshot2024-09-18at3_41_32PM.thumb.png.42055ab6b0e6f21ff8563611f3816b3d.png

• Haha 15

1 hour ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Wonderful pictures.  They brought back some good memories.  Good to hear that you had a great trip.

The important question is, did you get some Hula Pie?

33 minutes ago, taznremmy said:

I'm doing the "happy dance".  I received an email from RCL telling me that I am a "select top Pinnacle member" and I'll have access to the Suite/Concierge Lounge.  🥂

Have a wonderful time on your cruise, Pat!  Two more sleeps for you!  Bon Voyage!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

Oh it'll be great to see you... for some reason I got confused about which one you were on.  For some reason I had it in my head that you were on the one I'm going to be at the end of Oct over Halloween not this one... 🙂 

Screenshot2024-09-18at3_41_32PM.thumb.png.42055ab6b0e6f21ff8563611f3816b3d.png

Two more sleeps for you, too, Dave!  Bon Voyage!!🛳️

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

I'm on that one also.......😁😁

• Like 1

1 minute ago, taznremmy said:

Oops.....my Bad. I am boarding the Radiance on Friday, not the Navigator.🙄🙄

I will see you on the October cruise, as well as Greg @Sea Dog on the 11/18 sailing.  Enjoy Navigator!

LOL You got so many you can't keep track!  I'll be looking forward to seeing you in Oct.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Coralc said:

I’ve been enjoying everyone’s photos and adventures and cruises!

The $5 housecleaning sale was a semi-success. We were advised by shoppers that we should have advertised on FB. But we are not on Facebook. Anyway, we made $142 for stuff we didn’t pay for. I pulled the CHANEL jacket, after I looked up the selling prices. We took everything leftover to Habitat for Humanity and a local charity thrift shop. 

Since the dumpster arrived on Monday, we have been doing additional inside and garage cleaning and purging. Bill lugged 13 garbage bags of paperback books up from the basement.

And today, our first load of winter firewood arrived. We will be stacking wood for a few days. 😊

IMG_0390.jpeg

That’s a fair amount of wood. 

Question, is that a Triumph in the background?

4 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

@Sunshine3601Debbie, have you booked an 11 day out of Bayonnne for this January?  I am checking them out.

I was checking them out but then we decided to try a 7 night sailing out of San Juan.   6 ports with 1 sea day with decent pricing.  

We did book Odyssey for the usual 7 night itinerary for end of March.

Are you going to book one of them?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Thank you, Debbie.

No, we've never been to Chowderfest.  Where abouts is it held?  Parking must be tough

When do you head back to LBI?

It is held at Bay Village.   Parking can be tough but we always seem to get lucky and find a good spot.   

It is held the first weekend of October.   Lots of fun.

And even better to start Christmas shopping.  Most stores set up sidewalk sales with some great prices before they close for winter.

As of right now we plan on heading to LBI mid October after our fall renters leave.   That may change to November as we have a summer renter possibly wanting a week or two in October.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, A&L_Ont said:

That’s a fair amount of wood. 

Question, is that a Triumph in the background?

1962 Austin Healy Sprite. Bill was going to sell it before we moved, but didn’t. He had to hire a car hauler service to bring it up. It runs fine, but he was driving his truck and hauling a trailer. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

@Ocean Boy. You may be sharing your GF, Taylor, with us.

Rumor is she bought a home in Bucks County last month for just under $13 million.  If rumor is true she would be about 10 minutes from me.

Maybe I should bake an apple pie and welcome her to the neighborhood😁

Tell her I said hi. Only 13M. She must be doing some belt tightening.

• Haha 10

@Sea Dog I thought of you when I read about this estate sale in Virginia Beach. They are selling a collection of thousands of vintage Christmas ornaments.

https://www.estatesales.net/VA/Virginia-Beach/23455/4223343

Im not sure if this link to a newspaper article will work for you but I’ll try.

https://www.pilotonline.com/2024/09/18/thousands-of-vintage-christmas-ornaments-part-of-virginia-beach-estate-sale/

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, derorim said:

@Sea Dog I thought of you when I read about this estate sale in Virginia Beach. They are selling a collection of thousands of vintage Christmas ornaments.

https://www.estatesales.net/VA/Virginia-Beach/23455/4223343

Im not sure if this link to a newspaper article will work for you but I’ll try.

https://www.pilotonline.com/2024/09/18/thousands-of-vintage-christmas-ornaments-part-of-virginia-beach-estate-sale/

Wow that’s some great stuff. If I lived in that area I would be definitely going and buying a bunch of stuff.

• Like 1