Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

Enchantment's boarding time has been pushed from Saturday morning to today at 3pm (departure pushed from 4pm to 6pm). 

I've never gotten to a port so late in the afternoon.... it feels so weird to still be sitting here at almost 11am and not at least en route to the port!

• Like 5

48 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

Has anyone been able to see the comet?  We have had rain and cloud cover so far.   Hope to see it when clouds move out in another day or two.

From Forbes……

IMG_7448.thumb.jpeg.14537407f3ee825d8d8c7e95068e5e9a.jpeg

Now you have me curious about what we saw last night in the western sky.
I do not know what it was. Extremely shining bright star. Thought it was a plane, since I saw it near MCO area. But it was not moving. And we said it's not moving, so it has to be some star, and left it at that. DH joked it was a UFO. Now I am wondering if it was the Atlas.
I see a lot these stars nearby and get all excited about seeing a new star and then they start to "move" 😉. But the one last night was NOT moving!

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, brillohead said:

Enchantment's boarding time has been pushed from Saturday morning to today at 3pm (departure pushed from 4pm to 6pm). 

I've never gotten to a port so late in the afternoon.... it feels so weird to still be sitting here at almost 11am and not at least en route to the port!

Bon Voyage, enjoy your trip

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, h20skibum said:

Has anyone been able to see the comet?  We have had rain and cloud cover so far.   Hope to see it when clouds move out in another day or two.

From Forbes……

IMG_7448.thumb.jpeg.14537407f3ee825d8d8c7e95068e5e9a.jpeg

Not my picture but this was from Pawleys Island last night.  We did not see it but guess others in the area could.

FB_IMG_1728918046272.jpg.4f77165fc31456193a77e3d0c5d62264.jpg

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Hi Lenny, good to see you checking in. What a cool story about the park and being in the movie. It is not looking good for the Mets right now but I hope the next game is better.

Today the Mets have their best pitcher .If the Mets win today the next 3 games are in NY.Nobody expected the Mets to win in 4.

• Like 7

13 hours ago, perfect match said:

Lenny, I’m not from Brooklyn but my DH is and was growing up there in the 50’s. I don’t know Brooklyn very well but I wonder if you ever crossed paths growing up. I don’t remember exactly where he lived growing up although he showed me a number of times buy I do know he wend to Sheepshead Bay High School. I know he would love to see that documentary when it comes out.

I went to Wingate HS .I had friends who went to Sheepshead Bay HS .

One graduated in 1961 and the other in 1962.

Ask your DH if he ever went to Rainbow Lanes Bowling Alley in Sheepshead Bay.I went there many times in the 50’s and 60’s.

Edited by lenquixote66

4 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

I assume everyone has been having this problem today.  
IMG_3227.thumb.jpeg.926ff17fa379fa561246d50d5d1a7aae.jpeg

It seems like it has been on and off for a few days. 

Yes- I have, and it’s annoying because my brother is here and we’re brainstorming port calls for our Vancouver to Fort Lauderdale trip next October.

We are thinking about massages in Cabo San Lucas, which my husband is enthusiastically in favour of.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

I assume everyone has been having this problem today.  
IMG_3227.thumb.jpeg.926ff17fa379fa561246d50d5d1a7aae.jpeg

It seems like it has been on and off for a few days. 

Yep, same here. I started thinking, what if they did away with CC boards? How would the regulars on here communicate?  I’m not all that vocal, but I am a regular reader. 

• Like 14

21 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

We had an absolutely gorgeous weekend.   Temps 75 to 80 with lots of sun.   We got lots done.   Trimmed our crape myrtle that is getting really tall at back patio, trimmed our hydrangeas, rose bushes and others.    Washed our cars, shampooed rug in family room, only room in the house with carpet and a little fun...took the convertible out for a ride.

I'm exhausted.  Good night😊

Debbie, I'm exhausted just reading your post! Hope you're able to relax a bit now.  You earned it.

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, StanleyandGus said:

Yes- I have, and it’s annoying because my brother is here and we’re brainstorming port calls for our Vancouver to Fort Lauderdale trip next October.

We are thinking about massages in Cabo San Lucas, which my husband is enthusiastically in favour of.

How many days is that sailing? What are the ports?

4 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

Debbie, I'm exhausted just reading your post! Hope you're able to relax a bit now.  You earned it.

Yes, I was able to get a good nights sleep before a busy Monday at work.  

Getting chilly here, strong cold wind.  Temps expected to be a high of 56 Tuesday and Wednesday.   Burrr..I'm sure Eric will put the heat on, which seems too early.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I'm a northern boy. My recent cold intolerance is ridiculous. 

I understand.  Seems every year I dislike cold weather more than previous years.

We love cruising in January.  Get away from cold and relax and unwind after the holidays.

Edited by Sunshine3601
  • Like 1

1) All packed

2) House cleaned

3) Got cash at the bank

4) Car washed

5) Dog and cat food bought

6) Meeting with our pet sitter

7) Cruise documents printed out

Spread sheet schedule of specialty restaurants and MDR plus activities and excursions made
8) Set DVR to record new Hallmark Christmas movies while we are gone

9) Confirm Hotel reservations 

10) Backpack packed

I think we are ready with time to spare. Leave on Wednesday.

I will start live review tomorrow.

LET’S DO THIS!!!!!

Edited by Sea Dog
  • Like 31