Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

@Sea Dog Greg, I received the email also and checked to see what happens to those of us doing a B2B.  I was told we also have to exit the ship and wait in the terminal.  We are supposedly the first ones back on board .  I am sure the Key will be close behind.
Would you like me to see if I can make your reservations for you while onboard this week?

Safe travels tomorrow.  Looking forward to seeing you and Linda

• Like 3

1 hour ago, c-leg5 said:

It has been many years since we were there. Do they still have the train and fountains by the port? We used to really like the itineraries from there.

I don't know. There are quite a few things to see and do in San Pedro, but we have never actually stayed there. Link: https://www.discoverlosangeles.com/things-to-do/discover-san-pedro-and-the-los-angeles-waterfront

I thinks it great cc are updating their photo/videos.  We are off to see the annual  Sculptures by the Sea exhibition at Bondi Beach this weekend and as you all know, I don’t post one photo when I can post many…

Looking forward to your always exceptional review Greg and wish you both a smooth boarding process.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, taznremmy said:

@Sea Dog Greg, I received the email also and checked to see what happens to those of us doing a B2B.  I was told we also have to exit the ship and wait in the terminal.  We are supposedly the first ones back on board .  I am sure the Key will be close behind.
Would you like me to see if I can make your reservations for you while onboard this week?

Safe travels tomorrow.  Looking forward to seeing you and Linda

That would be awesome! Could you also ask if people with the the Key will be allowed in the terminal at 10:30am? That is our check in time. If you want to make some reservations for us that would be awesome but do not feel like you have to. We have a 3 night dining package so I’m not too worried about getting our slots filled. Here is my dining plans

Night 4 Chops at 6:30pm

Night 6 Jamie’s at 6:30pm

Night 7 Hooked at 6:30pm

We can do 6:45 if 6:30 is not available. 6:30 is nice so we can do Happy Hour in the diamond lounge.

Linda will make our other MDR dining requests on Nights 2,3 and 5 with dining room mgr to get same table and wait staff and to bypass my time dining line to eat at 6:45

We have reservations for Chef’s Table on night 1 which is our anniversary. The only issue will be how late we board as we have the Key with its Chops menu for lunch and then Chef’s Table at 6pm. Could be too much food in that short amount of time.

Thank you so much for offering to do this. But please don’t feel obligated to. Our cabin number is 1230 and passengers Greg and Linda Steele. You are the best!!!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 10/14/2024 at 2:11 PM, lenquixote66 said:

I went to Wingate HS .I had friends who went to Sheepshead Bay HS .

One graduated in 1961 and the other in 1962.

Ask your DH if he ever went to Rainbow Lanes Bowling Alley in Sheepshead Bay.I went there many times in the 50’s and 60’s.

DH graduated from Sheepshead Bay in 62. I’ll have to ask him about Rainbow Lanes. He’s a bowler so my guess is that he went there frequent. I did not know him back then so I’ll have to ask.

On 10/14/2024 at 6:23 PM, Ocean Boy said:

I'm a northern boy. My recent cold intolerance is ridiculous. 

I grew up in CT and swore I’d never become one of those people who were always cold and always took a jacket everywhere. Then we moved to Florida. 20 years later here I am hauling my jacket around everywhere! 😂 I like to blame the fact that it’s so hot and humid throughout the year that you’re hot and sweaty whenever you’re outside. Then, all wet and sweaty you go into a place like a restaurant with the AC on full blast and I’m sitting still at a table so yes, I’m cold and on goes the jacket. Or, I could just admit that I’m getting older and I get cold easier but I really don’t want to do that! So, here I am turned into that person I said I was never going to be. 😱😂

• Like 8
  • Haha 3

Finished up a marathon Monopoly game with my grandson.  We would play after he finished up his math homework each day, and we had to take a photo of the board each day so we knew where to start. 

IMG_3229.thumb.jpeg.39b4134308e2e337eedbacb2d4fe3f25.jpeg

Susan was eliminated the first day. We couldn’t leave the board out, because someone would move pieces around and take some money. 

IMG_3230.thumb.jpeg.5776719214af51f016d6e12d41f98857.jpeg

By the way, he beat me. 

• Like 6
  • Haha 16

Weird weather in Dallas we were 93 yesterday nigh today should be 69 so no more pool. Yankees still looking good won both home games series continues  tomorrow in Cleveland.

9 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

That would be awesome! Could you also ask if people with the the Key will be allowed in the terminal at 10:30am? That is our check in time. If you want to make some reservations for us that would be awesome but do not feel like you have to. We have a 3 night dining package so I’m not too worried about getting our slots filled. Here is my dining plans

Night 4 Chops at 6:30pm

Night 6 Jamie’s at 6:30pm

Night 7 Hooked at 6:30pm

We can do 6:45 if 6:30 is not available. 6:30 is nice so we can do Happy Hour in the diamond lounge.

Linda will make our other MDR dining requests on Nights 2,3 and 5 with dining room mgr to get same table and wait staff and to bypass my time dining line to eat at 6:45

We have reservations for Chef’s Table on night 1 which is our anniversary. The only issue will be how late we board as we have the Key with its Chops menu for lunch and then Chef’s Table at 6pm. Could be too much food in that short amount of time.

Thank you so much for offering to do this. But please don’t feel obligated to. Our cabin number is 1230 and passengers Greg and Linda Steele. You are the best!!!!

dinner plans look great , need to try chef’s table one of my cruises, also never been on ship with hooked . Your insurance looked really good but with our suite and first class air we pay double.

• Like 5

And I've had a couple virgin peach daiquiris each day. The first few had some larger pieces of ice in the bottom, so I started asking to have them double-blended (with a $1.00 cash tip, so they're more than happy to take the extra time!).... they are SO CREAMY when double-blended... like drinking a milkshake!

IMG_20241015_192656179.thumb.jpg.1cb782fc0dd52ed09c66bafa5b32e1a5.jpg

• Like 15

We're in Cozumel today, I'm off to dodge raindrops while snorkeling.  

@Sea Dog Greg, I hope you and Linda have a great trip.  And I wouldn't arrive early in San Pedro -- the terminal there is basically a Quonset hut, there is nothing really to it other than the desk area to check in.  If they're going to be having the B2Bers hanging out in there, that will likely be the extent of any seating they may have (and that seating is going to be folding chairs, I'm guessing).  

It's NOTHING like any of the other cruise terminals... it's like being in a cargo warehouse until you get on the ship itself.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, brillohead said:

We're in Cozumel today, I'm off to dodge raindrops while snorkeling.  

@Sea Dog Greg, I hope you and Linda have a great trip.  And I wouldn't arrive early in San Pedro -- the terminal there is basically a Quonset hut, there is nothing really to it other than the desk area to check in.  If they're going to be having the B2Bers hanging out in there, that will likely be the extent of any seating they may have (and that seating is going to be folding chairs, I'm guessing).  

It's NOTHING like any of the other cruise terminals... it's like being in a cargo warehouse until you get on the ship itself.

I looked at some videos of it and that’s exactly what it looked like from your description. I wonder if Royal will upgrade or build a new terminal?

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Talked to Laura, looks like the pic and attachment upload problem will not get fixed until tomorrow morning. So I can't start the live today I will wake up early tomorrow and hopefully get it started. Sorry for the inconvenience

No worries.  Glad to see you are live now. ❤️