Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

3 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Good afternoon from a 59°F and cloudy North East England.

We called at our local cemetery and put flowers 🌹 on Pauline's grandparents grave and also on her baby brother's grave.

Tomorrow it will be 6 years in heaven for Pauline's wonderful late mam who would have been 102.

Our parents were cremated and we have their ashes at home but tomorrow we will go to the remembrance room at our city's crematorium to read Ruth's name in the remembrance book and leave personal messages in a book in the remembrance room.

This photo was 17 years ago near the Statue of Christ overlooking the April 25th bridge in Lisbon Portugal during a cruise.

Screenshot_20240512_190313.jpg

What a beautiful picture of Pauline and her Mum!❤️

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

Yesterday morning I went to a LI Hospital to take a test to determine if a growth on my hand is malignant.I left the facility at 11AM .The Technician said that my doctor should have the results by Friday.

I assumed it would more likely be Monday .

The Hand Surgeon just called me .He said great news ,not malignant .He could remove the growth but he said it was not necessary to do so in his opinion.

Great news Lenny.

I'm pleased for you.

On 10/15/2024 at 11:15 PM, perfect match said:

DH graduated from Sheepshead Bay in 62. I’ll have to ask him about Rainbow Lanes. He’s a bowler so my guess is that he went there frequent. I did not know him back then so I’ll have to ask.

I grew up in CT and swore I’d never become one of those people who were always cold and always took a jacket everywhere. Then we moved to Florida. 20 years later here I am hauling my jacket around everywhere! 😂 I like to blame the fact that it’s so hot and humid throughout the year that you’re hot and sweaty whenever you’re outside. Then, all wet and sweaty you go into a place like a restaurant with the AC on full blast and I’m sitting still at a table so yes, I’m cold and on goes the jacket. Or, I could just admit that I’m getting older and I get cold easier but I really don’t want to do that! So, here I am turned into that person I said I was never going to be. 😱😂

I posted to you but somehow it did come come up as a reply.It should be a few posts above this .Re my very close friend who also graduated in 1962.

18 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I'm very happy with tonight's vote.

I'm fine with it, but I would've preferred the person with the big smile had been sent home instead.  Worthless, in my opinion.  Graham said if he ever went on the show, he'd take (the person with the big smile) every day of the week--from a strategic standpoint.

18 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Turns out Owen got three awards tonight. The last was the highest mark in work Co Op at 95%.

We are so proud of him. 

IMG_7364.thumb.jpeg.9b85919f4ef395d3f9bfcd554d615752.jpeg

IMG_7367.thumb.jpeg.454e71d830698d029647a2a675fe594b.jpeg

Well, you've got quite the young man there, Andrew!  Congratulations again, Mr. Owen!!!!!!

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

Yesterday morning I went to a LI Hospital to take a test to determine if a growth on my hand is malignant.I left the facility at 11AM .The Technician said that my doctor should have the results by Friday.

The Hand Surgeon just called me .He said great news ,not malignant .He could remove the growth but he said it was not necessary to do so in his opinion.

Great news, Lenny!  I hope it was what you were hoping to hear i.e. it's not necessary to remove it, all is good!😉

8 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Great news, Lenny!  I hope it was what you were hoping to hear i.e. it's not necessary to remove it, all is good!😉

Yes,it was.

Last week I met someone who moved from your part of NJ 22 years ago to Brooklyn.It was the first time I ever heard of anyone moving to Brooklyn from NJ.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

Yes,it was.

Last week I met someone who moved from your part of NJ 22 years ago to Brooklyn.It was the first time I ever heard of anyone moving to Brooklyn from NJ.

That does sound quite unusual!!🙅‍♀️  

7 hours ago, c-leg5 said:

Enjoy your day! 

Perhaps you can gain some local insight into Perfect Day Mexico?

I'll talk to them about it next week when I'm there... this was my first trip back to Costa Maya in almost two years, so my day was filled with hugs and catching up with the folks at Maya Chan.  

This was my palapa....

IMG_20241017_084740445_HDR.thumb.jpg.50640d756d66ba3a75bd75110a097fd9.jpg

And this is a close-up of the sign.... 

IMG_20241017_084750247.thumb.jpg.fa20c77272f9203592d00ff1851e3593.jpg

I wish they offered overnight accommodations... I would totally stay there for a week!

• Like 16

3 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Great news😊

• Like 1

6 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Good afternoon from a 59°F and cloudy North East England.

We called at our local cemetery and put flowers 🌹 on Pauline's grandparents grave and also on her baby brother's grave.

Tomorrow it will be 6 years in heaven for Pauline's wonderful late mam who would have been 102.

Our parents were cremated and we have their ashes at home but tomorrow we will go to the remembrance room at our city's crematorium to read Ruth's name in the remembrance book and leave personal messages in a book in the remembrance room.

This photo was 17 years ago near the Statue of Christ overlooking the April 25th bridge in Lisbon Portugal during a cruise.

Screenshot_20240512_190313.jpg

Lovely photo and hopefully lots of nice memories😊

Edited by Sunshine3601
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We had a great week! 😊 SF Bay Area house sold. First offer after first open house. 14-day closing, no contingencies. 1.01 million$. Amazing! The vacation postponements and remodeling were worth it. It was our 30th anniversary on Tuesday.  

We booked the 2 Voyager cruises around Africa next year. Barcelona to Singapore, 35 nights plus a few days on either end. We will finally get to meet JC! We are looking forward to it, and things are looking good. I will have to call Steve about trip insurance, and a tax person. 😅

And I have my desktop computer back! 

Edited by Coralc
  • Like 19

6 minutes ago, Coralc said:

We had a great week! 😊 SF Bay Area house sold. First offer after first open house. 14-day closing, no contingencies. 1.01 million$. Amazing! The vacation postponements and remodeling were worth it. It was our 30th anniversary on Tuesday.  

We booked the 2 Voyager cruises around Africa next year. Barcelona to Singapore, 35 nights plus a few days on either end. We will finally get to meet JC! We are looking forward to it, and things are looking good. I will have to call Steve about trip insurance, and a tax person. 😅

Very happy to hear that! Congratulations!

How are you doing with your injury? Is it recovering well?

The cruises you booked look very interesting. I am sure you are very ready to cruise!

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Great news😊

Yes,and the doctor is someone I have confidence in.In 2018 I had a fractured wrist.It was 6 weeks prior to a cruise.He calculated that I would have the cast off 3 days before the cruise.People on the roll call including one person who posts on this thread were shocked that I was able to be on the cruise.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

Very happy to hear that! Congratulations!

How are you doing with your injury? Is it recovering well?

The cruises you booked look very interesting. I am sure you are very ready to cruise!

Thank you! And thank you for asking. I am doing very well. I am using the cane, only because I wobble a bit. But no pain at all unless I overdo it. I am thankful that it has healed so well. Especially after how incredibly painful and debilitating it was initially. 

• Like 9

55 minutes ago, Coralc said:

Congratulations on the house, priced right in the right market and they go.  Your trips sound great.

• Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, Coralc said:

Congratulations🎉🥂

Those Voyager itineraries look amazing.  I'm jealous😊

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1