Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

12 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Good thing we all have Tp😀

Speaking of which, I stopped at a Walmart Neighborhood market on the way to work this morning to buy Jimmy Dean Breakfast sandwiches, and as I was walking in a lady about my age was walking out with 3 giant Bounty paper Towel packs and 2 Charmin extra soft.  I shook my head.  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, xpcdoojk said:

Speaking of which, I stopped at a Walmart Neighborhood market on the way to work this morning to buy Jimmy Dean Breakfast sandwiches, and as I was walking in a lady about my age was walking out with 3 giant Bounty paper Towel packs and 2 Charmin extra soft.  I shook my head.  

Last week I was in our local Wally, and saw a lady team member I had chatted with at the door earlier.  She was standing next to an overflowing cart that was full of toilet paper and paper towels near guest services.  

Thinking she was waiting on someone to pick up their order from online, I said..."Oh no, are they hoarding that stuff again?!!"   She told me no, "It is a return".   Huh??!!  Unopened huge packages of them, guess the buyer must have decided they wanted the cash back, with no room to store perhaps?, and availability not an issue here.  Pretty tacky!!  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, voyager70 said:

An extra bathroom and/or balcony is a must 😜

Agree. I walk 1.5 hours every morning so I'm up and on the ships walking track every morning NLT 6:00 AM. One morning on a September 2019 Celebrity cruise I finished walking, went down to the spa/gym showers to do all the in front of mirror stuff and then shower. As I was exiting the shower to grab a towel to dry off  I found myself face to face with an elderly lady. Mind you I was wearing nothing and no towel. We looked at each other and all I could say was, "crap I must be in the ladies shower room". She left without saying a word. I told my wife the story while eating breakfast and she said jokingly, knowing you, you probably were in the women's shower room. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

6 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Agree. I walk 1.5 hours every morning so I'm up and on the ships walking track every morning NLT 6:00 AM. One morning on a September 2019 Celebrity cruise I finished walking, went down to the spa/gym showers to do all the in front of mirror stuff and then shower. As I was exiting the shower to grab a towel to dry off  I found myself face to face with an elderly lady. Mind you I was wearing nothing and no towel. We looked at each other and all I could say was, "crap I must be in the ladies shower room". She left without saying a word. I told my wife the story while eating breakfast and she said jokingly, knowing you, you probably were in the women's shower room. 

Yup, confirming my suspicion that you really are a bad...bad..boy.  😜🤣

• Haha 2

59 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Sounded like a lovely day in Bournemouth Sue.

We have been in Tier 3 since lockdown in Durham so all restaurants and bars are closed.

It doesn't make sense that our PM thinks it's okay that for 5 days over Christmas you can have a jolly with 3 other households with potentially over 20 people indoors at your home.

Our Covid19 cases will spiral out of control early January.

Happy Christmas everyone.

Graham.

Thanks Graham, it was a rare sunny day and good to see the cruise ships again, even at a distance. 

Think a lot of people will scale back any celebrations they had planned. I know we have.

Wishing you and yours a very Happy Christmas however you are celebrating it this year

Best regards Sue

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, sgmn said:

Thanks Graham, it was a rare sunny day and good to see the cruise ships again, even at a distance. 

Think a lot of people will scale back any celebrations they had planned. I know we have.

Wishing you and yours a very Happy Christmas however you are celebrating it this year

Best regards Sue

Thanks Sue.

This year for the first time since we got married 39 years ago it will just be Pauline and me.

Graham & Pauline x.

• Like 3

A momentary break from snow and bad weather --

Starting today, we can make an appointment to be vaccinated (over 60 years age). The medical teams and 1st responders have already begun.

@DaniDanielle & @Sunshine3601

JFIY -- Organ transplant recipients will be next after us.

For the moment, we only got Pfizer''s, but a huge amount of Moderna's are just waiting FDA's approval to make their way here.

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Starting today, we can make an appointment to be vaccinated (over 60 years age). The medical teams and 1st responders have already begun.

For the moment, we only got Pfizer''s, but a huge amount of Moderna's are just waiting FDA's approval to make their way here.

Great news for you Dani.👍

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, island lady said:

Funny how some of us are just natural morning people.  😉 

Only problem with renting an RV...is you don't have the "creature features" that we take along.  No "toad" (nickname for towed vehicle), no lawn chairs, no bbq grill, lawn mat, etc.  They are quite sparse.

We jumped right in and bought the first A class, without even driving it.  Was an "instant education" in handling one.  😮  Read up on a lot of tips in Motor Home magazine that helped a lot afterwards. 

True, but it would give them a little bit of an idea. Maybe buy some chairs if they don't already have some and stay at a campground with grills. 

That's funny because we did the same thing. Ordered the Southwind and drove back down to get it and headed up north that day. Picked it up drove home and loaded all the bags and dive gear in and left. We had already bought plastic wine glasses, plates, etc so we were good to go. 😀

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

....It doesn't make sense that our PM thinks it's okay that for 5 days over Christmas you can have a jolly with 3 other households with potentially over 20 people indoors at your home.

Our Covid19 cases will spiral out of control early January.

Happy Christmas everyone.

Graham.

I'm really surprised he said it's ok to do this. We know people are going to do what they want anyway but to come out and say it publicly wasn't smart imo. They'll blame the rise in cases on him.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Great news Dani, stay safe and healthy!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ReneeFLL said:

True, but it would give them a little bit of an idea. Maybe buy some chairs if they don't already have some and stay at a campground with grills. 

That's funny because we did the same thing. Ordered the Southwind and drove back down to get it and headed up north that day. Picked it up drove home and loaded all the bags and dive gear in and left. We had already bought plastic wine glasses, plates, etc so we were good to go. 😀

I'm really surprised he said it's ok to do this. We know people are going to do what they want anyway but to come out and say it publicly wasn't smart imo. They'll blame the rise in cases on him.

Lot's of medical advice against it and almost 70% in polls say it is a bad idea but he insists it's what's allowed in law although he is now passing the buck saying he expects us to be sensible and show restraint.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Thank you so much Dani.  We have been waiting for the hospital to let us know.  Maybe, I will let them know! 

Marietta

• Like 1

1 hour ago, island lady said:

Me too, I always take the wrong route from the airport and end up downtown..ugh!!  

When we first moved to KW (our first day arriving) we took a wrong turn and ended up on Duval Street. We were in the rv towing my car. That really sucked! Those streets definitely weren't made to be driving an rv down. I wasn't being a good navigator that day. 🤣

1 hour ago, island lady said:

Last week I was in our local Wally, and saw a lady team member I had chatted with at the door earlier.  She was standing next to an overflowing cart that was full of toilet paper and paper towels near guest services.  

Thinking she was waiting on someone to pick up their order from online, I said..."Oh no, are they hoarding that stuff again?!!"   She told me no, "It is a return".   Huh??!!  Unopened huge packages of them, guess the buyer must have decided they wanted the cash back, with no room to store perhaps?, and availability not an issue here.  Pretty tacky!!  

I can't believe they let her. A while back, not sure if they still do, Costco had a sign that said no returns on cleaning supplies, tp, paper towels, etc.

35 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

My DH playing in the snow with his boy toy. 

8032EE36-078C-40CB-AFB8-EF045F3A24E4.jpeg

Sure beats a shovel. 😀

Edited by ReneeFLL
  • Like 2

Just now, ReneeFLL said:

When we first moved to KW (our first day arriving) we took a wrong turn and ended up on Duval Street. We were in the rv towing my car. That really sucked! Those streets aren't definitely weren't made to be driving an rv down. I wasn't being a good navigator that day. 🤣

I can't believe they let her. A while back, not sure if they still do, Costco had a sign that said no returns on cleaning supplies, tp, paper towels, etc.

Sure beats a shovel. 😀

Certainly looks a lot more fun than a shovel.

• Like 1