Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

3 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Some may remember me mentioning my youngest daughter is having a baby and we got to hear the heart beat right before we left last week. She has a very sore throat and her body aches so she stayed home today.  Here work sent someone to her house to test her and it was positive for Covid.  

2 hours ago, Sheal said:

@Ozark_KidI hope your daughter feels better soon.  My daughter's BF, who is also pregnant, had Covid at Christmas time.  She was feeling pretty lousy for a few days.

1 hour ago, DaniDanielle said:

Ozark, hope your daughter will be okay.🤞🙏

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

Sending prayers 🙏 for your daughter that she gets over covid quickly and her baby is fine.

Graham.

1 hour ago, Luckynana said:

John, I sure hope your daughter feels better quickly.  Very thoughtful of your daughter to have already ordered  the free Covid tests for you!

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

John I'm sorry to hear this about your daughter. I hope she gets well soon and the baby is fine. 

Keep us posted please.

38 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

Sorry to hear about your daughter. Hopefully she will be better very soon.

27 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

+1

@Ozark_Kid

+ 8 🙏

46 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

Hope all goes well for Toby and you.  It is hard to make choices on medications with so many side effects.

45 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

I wish Toby the best of luck at her Monday appointment with her Cardiologist, Lenny!

23 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Sending prayers 🙏 for Toby for her Cardiologist appointment on Monday Lenny.

Graham.

+ 4 🙏

44 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

@DaniDanielle

Marietta, wishing you and Charlie the best time ever on your Cruise!!

ENJOY!

+ 1  😘

31 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

Hannah and my son-in-law both work for  the same company and have been working remotely 3 days a week. 
She start feeling crummy in the afternoon and worse today so she did a home test and is positive. 
That leaves DS, DD, SIL, Dick and me…..waiting for the inevitable!

We’re all pro-vaccine and had our boosters, so not too worried. 

28 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

Wishing you good health Mimi🤞

27 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

Sorry to hear about your granddaughter Mimi. I hope that she gets better very soon.

20 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Waiting for the inevitable is right, Mimi!  I think we all will wind up with Covid...it's just a matter of time.

I hope your granddaughter feels better quickly!

@jagsfan

+ 4  😘 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DaniDanielle said:

My granddaughter, who lives with us, is waiting by the mailbox for the Catholic High School acceptance letters that went out.  She is so cute trying to pretend she is calm!

How exciting!!  Which HS does she want to go to?  Your Alma Mater?  Or a Co-ed HS?

24 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

My granddaughter got into all the schools she applied for, results went to her mom’s , who also lives here,  email.  yay for her, she is so excited.  Now we have to pay the tuition 🤪

Which school, Marietta???  You have me excited for her, as well!

2 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

My husband, Jack, shares something with Lenny's son-in-law.  Today is his birthday too.  No cake, no fancy dinner out.  We're leery of being in a group setting.  We'll just bring in something for dinner, Maggiano's (not my fave but Jack's) or Chinese which is both our faves. He said the best birthday gift is being together, healthy and content. I agree! 😍

Our daughter is working on one of those photo books that will be chock full of family photos.  He's gonna flip when he gets it.

2 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Jack🥳🎉

1 hour ago, Luckynana said:

Happy Birthday to Jack!  I hope he's having a great day, and will enjoy his take-out dinner this evening!

Jack will certainly love the family photo book!  Our daughter presented Jim and I with a photo book of our 50th Wedding Anniversary as one of our Christmas presents.  We love it!!!❤️

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

Thanks, Bonnie. Happy Birthday to your husband.

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

Happy birthday Jack, Bonnie's husband.

CF584717-26A5-44A4-97D1-8B0594A9F898.gif.4dead2d84240e63b1802ba524077b0af.gif

+ 5 😘 💐

Many happy celebrations this week, Bonnie. Our husbands were born 2 days apart 😁

The idea of the book is wonderful. Mine got it for his 70th b'day, we were surprised how much work went into it, and how thoughtful this special gift was.

As you rightly assume, I'm sure Jack will be dumbfound by it.

"The recipes book of 'Dad' restaurant" Established 1950.

IMG_6777.thumb.jpg.bcf58f14ef81447a59dc4a12cd6086a8.jpg

• Like 19

2 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Thanks,MaryAnn.The legs are okay but the Osteoporosis and the back fracture is the major concern now.The Rheumatologist wants to administer Prolia injections which has horrific side effects including the possibility of heart failure and death.Yesterday morning Toby had a Cardiac Cat Scan.

She has an appointment with the Cardiologist Monday morning to discuss the findings of the test.

Hoping the best for Toby.

4 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

...Some may remember me mentioning my youngest daughter is having a baby and we got to hear the heart beat right before we left last week. She has a very sore throat and her body aches so she stayed home today.  Here work sent someone to her house to test her and it was positive for Covid.  I saw where some here were talking about the free test and found out our daughter had already ordered them for us.

Sorry to hear this. Wishing good health to all involved.

7 hours ago, Lionesss said:

I have another Idea.

Since there are over 50 people on the Bella group site.

If we all chip in 50cents (LOL) we can bribe the the people that make the specialty cakes and order a cake to celebrate all of us.

We could put in writing the Bella cruise or whatever.

And celebrate together when all want to celebrate, and where-ever that maybe.

Just a thought.

If it's going to be .50 pp x 50 people that's just a tip pool. I don't know what they would charge, but I think it would be a lot more. Either way I'm in.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Found out our state health department is distributing free test.  DW was able to pick 2 up at the library.  We are wanting to test before we are around the kids tomorrow night.  Caden has his first basketball game.

You’re lucky!  They’re non-existent here in RI.  

• Like 1

So many January birthdays!

Hope they were all spectacular!

Dick will be 88 tomorrow. Normally we’d have everyone together at our daughter and son-in-law’s house for dinner with him choosing the menu. 
Any celebrating will happen after everyone is well, and really importantly, son-in-law is off crutches and able to cook our feast. 

• Like 12

10 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

How about an update on Rory's house 

FB_IMG_1642625509308.thumb.jpg.5e0eb40d04d61d4fb52b0fffeebbbcda.jpg

FB_IMG_1642625534057.thumb.jpg.46a0b3561d962a75b88b8b4f092728af.jpg

Great minds do think alike. I thought about him just last night and wondered his house is in.

It’s a beauty!
I hope once they’re moved in, he’ll come back on CC again. And stay!

Edited by jagsfan
  • Like 4

20220116_171543.thumb.jpg.07cd193a2f9ce06546e711668ab89864.jpg

We are in our happy place again. 🥂

20220116_172109.thumb.jpg.ac4dff191913ccf0042456c3fea8980a.jpg

There was a tornado watch which is rare for us and it also downpoured on boarding day. It was overcast when we left. Being towed in is a HA ship.

20220116_172833.thumb.jpg.71f0fcdac4002eba59a34cb9b94d897f.jpg

I thought the ship hit the tug from this angle, but she was being towed in.

20220116_173115.thumb.jpg.d9d3d01e689ae6f2e5bb9e94543acab1.jpg

Towed all the way to the dock. In one of the pictures I took you can see a cable.

20220116_175646.thumb.jpg.3226d6eb96a1c8c4dc822fade6b0de49.jpg

5 ships were in port when we left. 3 Holland America, 2 RC and 1 Princess. There were 2 tender boats that kept going from 2 of the HA ships and then going around to another one. They were always empty coming back.

20220116_181107.jpg

Edited by ReneeFLL
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, HBE4 said:

Some people have a need to always be right, no matter how big or small the issue. And they will go to great lengths to prove it,  I  wonder if the tirade is what got the thread deleted?

As for Bee, she'll be back. I got notifications that some people quoted my posts but the thread was deleted before I could read them. Now I'll never know how people like their pizza. 😀

Bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Bzzzzzzzzzzzz.😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

47 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

Hoping the best for Toby.

Sorry to hear this. Wishing good health to all involved.

If it's going to be .50 pp x 50 people that's just a tip pool. I don't know what they would charge, but I think it would be a lot more. Either way I'm in.

The infamous Bella cake came via our Genie, but I gave him $40 to pass on to the pastry chef.

Here's how to recreate it😉

20220119_182401.thumb.jpg.f1dbccb06436b22bd9ec58b68cf0cf56.jpg

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 8
  • Haha 3

Photo books are such a wonderful gift. Love the one your husband received @dani negreanu.

When my daughter was 16, her German class did an exchange to Germany.  25 girls spent 3 weeks in Germany, each girl billeted with a different family of a female student at the same German high school of the same age.

Several months later, the German students flew out to Sydney and spent 3 weeks staying with the families of the Sydney students.  The lovely girl my daughter was paired with and who stayed with us,  gifted us a photo book of photos of my daughter’s time in Germany.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Yes,I recently took myself off a medication because of the side effects and I am not going on the Parkinsons medication that my Neurologist wants be to be on because the side effects can be fatal.

Curious about which two medications you are writing about if not too personal. 

The German exchange was a huge success but I have 3 distinct memories of that time.

First was when we picked up our student from the airport.  We decided that on the way home, we would make a small detour and drive down to the roundabout directly in front of the Opera House, so she could see the Opera House and the Harbour Bridge.  I still remember the squeals of delight from the back seat of the car when she first laid her eyes on both. Then as soon as we got home, she rang her parents to tell them she had arrived safely and excitedly told them she had already seen the Opera House & The Harbour Bridge.

• Like 6

24 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

We are in our happy place again. 🥂

Being towed in is a HA ship.

I thought the ship hit the tug from this angle, but she was being towed in.

Towed all the way to the dock. In one of the pictures I took you can see a cable.

5 ships were in port when we left. 3 Holland America, 2 RC and 1 Princess. There were 2 tender boats that kept going from 2 of the HA ships and then going around to another one. They were always empty coming back.

Beautiful photos! I wonder why the Holland America ship was being towed in? Maybe they ran out of fuel. :classic_smile: I don't follow HA, but there doesn't seem to be any tizzy about it on their Cruise Critic board. :classic_biggrin:

The second thing was, all the girls did lots of pre-organised activities together but there was one day scheduled for the host family to organise an optional activity.  Quite a few did the Bridgeclimb.  I gave my daughter the option of the Bridgeclimb or a helicopter flight over the Harbour.  She chose the helicopter flight.  On the day, we were driving to the airport and the sky was black,  I was really worried the flight would have to be cancelled (and there wasn’t time to reschedule) but luckily by the time we arrived at the airport, the sky cleared and the girls had a magic flight over the harbour, the Harbour bridge & up to Manly.

Edited by aussielozzie18
  • Like 6

The final memorable event from that German exchange is that it gave my English born father an idea to re-connect with his  German girlfriend from his 20s.  He remembered her village but not her address.  The German postmaster was able to forward on my dad’s letter as she had family still living in the same village..  They got in touch, starting corresponding regularly and at the age of 80 my widowed father made a 3-week solo trip to his former German girlfriend and her husband and had a magical trip.  So much so, her returned again the following year.  One of the special moments of that trip was the former girlfriend’s husband flying my father for a day trip out to Helgaland in his own private plane.  
They still regularly correspond to this day.

• Like 11