Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

3 hours ago, Arzeena said:

We decided to hop on to the Odyssey on Sunday.  Coco Cay, Costa Maya and Cozumel.

Have a great cruise.

1 hour ago, dani negreanu said:

The birth of a paella... or our 49th wedding anniversary meal 😁

IMG_6787.thumb.jpg.e4f735d608dd72e206774c5caba1d726.jpg

Happy Anniversary. That looks tasty.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, h20skibum said:

The easiest way, if you have an iPhone, is to airdrop them.  You just have to have both devices open and on the same Wi-Fi.   Depending on the ship, this will work with just the Wi-Fi that the royal app uses.   Another option is to just email the photos to yourself from your phone, then open the email on your iPad. 

I am 10 pages behind already.

Do you know if a lightning connector will work from my Samsung Galaxy to the iPad? I will buy one if it does.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

@Ocean Boy

@dani negreanu

Thank you, sincerely, excellent advice on all points. And I appreciate your input, always, whether asked for or not. Otherwise,  I wouldn't be posting. 🙂

OB, enjoy your cruise. 

Thank you. I'm feeling the night before excitement. Sleep will be hard to come by tonight. The plan is a Miami Vice and an afternoon nap in the solarium.☺

• Like 18

Whew!  Finally caught up.
I’m currently on the Navigator for  B2B (in Puerto Vallarta today).  

For those with upcoming cruises…enjoy!

Love all the animal updates and photos; keep them coming…..except for the spiders and snakes 🙀.

Everyone stay healthy.

Pat

Edited by taznremmy
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

Do you know if a lightning connector will work from my Samsung Galaxy to the iPad? I will buy one if it does.

Apple is pretty particular with what gets connected.  They do have an SD card reader that can import photos from an SD card to an iPhone or iPad.  The problem would be getting the photos from the Samsung to an SD card.

I have one of the adapters that I use to import photos from my GoPro or my Nikon.   This adapter does not work with the new iPad Pro or the new iPad Air, because they changed from the lightning connector to a usb-c connector.  Now I have to import to my iPhone 12 Pro, which has the lightning connector, then airdrop or email to get them to my new iPad Air. 

Most of the methods I see to transfer from Samsung to iPad involve transferring to a computer from the Samsung and then from the computer to the iPad. 

Maybe someone here has a good way to do it.

49 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

If your phone’s pictures get uploaded to Google Photos, install Google Photos on your iPad.  It’s available in the App Store on your iPad.   Then download the photo you want from Google Photos to your iPad.  

2 hours ago, LucasLikesToCruise said:

Somewhere over the last 45,801 post there was a discussion about shows to binge watch.  I know there are several on here that liked Ozark.   Netflix just dropped the first part of season 4.  There are seven episodes now and another seven later in year for the final season of a great show.

One series that is on my radar to watch is due to be released on Prime on February 4th.  REACHER, based on the character Jack Reacher from the Lee Child book series looks promising.  The actor they have to portray Reacher is more in keeping with the character developed in the book series.

IMO, Tom Cruise was never a good match for the couple of Reacher movies.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

One series that is on my radar to watch is due to be released on Prime on February 4th.  REACHER, based on the character Jack Reacher from the Lee Child book series looks promising.  The actor they have to portray Reacher is more in keeping with the character developed in the book series.

I’m looking forward to it also, have read all the books.  And I agree Tom Cruise bore zero “resemblance” to Jack Reacher!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

I agree, I’m looking forward to watching it.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

6 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

I’m looking forward to it also, have read all the books.  And I agree Tom Cruise bore zero “resemblance” to Jack Reacher!

5 minutes ago, LucasLikesToCruise said:

I agree, I’m looking forward to watching it.

Tom Cruise as Jack Reacher???? "What were they thinking"??

Reminds me of Jay Leno asking Hugh Grant ... "what were you thinking" ??🤪

• Haha 8

5 hours ago, ownedbypets said:

900 3x daily. I just read the bottle again to make sure I was right.  300mg capsules. Give 3 capsules every eight hours. He is at the max allowed along with 100 mg of Rimadyl twice a day. We are trying to get him off the meds with the laser treatment.

You must have a big dog!  My little 11lb dog was on 50mg 3X daily.  The pregabalin is working out better for him but without the good RX it would be $500 for a month's supply. 

4 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

I’m in the next town over (Coventry), wish I could figure out where to get them here.  I was at Target yesterday, noticed the lady behind me put a box of Binax tests on the conveyor belt. By the time I paid and walked back to the pharmacy area they were gone!  We were able to order two boxes online last night from Walmart that supposedly will be delivered tomorrow.  I’d just like to have some with us when we travel to FL soon.  

I don't live in West Warwick but they gladly gave me a box.  I was there to renew my membership card so this location is only minutes from my house.  Maybe check tomorrow?  I only found out because I stopped by, I did notice (after I went home) that they mentioned the kits available while supplies lasted. They only give 1 kit (two tests) per person.  The librarian told me to come back later but I was good. 

The KC YMCA sent out a notice they had test kits to hand out but I didn't feel like making a special trip.  I will be going tomorrow, I wouldn't mind scoring another set.

@dani negreanuI'm not a seafood lover but the presentation on that dish was beautiful!

@ReneeFLLCongrats on passing your test.  Enjoy your week.  BTW, one of my orchids has a flower shoot.  The other one, well, not looking so good.  Leaves are wrinkly and it is down to just two.  Oh well!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, derorim said:

If your phone’s pictures get uploaded to Google Photos, install Google Photos on your iPad.  It’s available in the App Store on your iPad.   Then download the photo you want from Google Photos to your iPad.  

I might give this a try.

@h20skibum Thanks for the info.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Sheal said:

Have a great  trip OB.

I just stopped at the WW library to renew my card and they had covid tests.  I grabbed one kit for dh and I.  I woke up early this morning at 2:30  (with my dog's help that is) and decided to make our appointments for 2 weeks from today.  I mis-calculated, Friday opens tomorrow.  Back to bed, try tomorrow.  Only thing I am worried about is if my appt. at cvs gets cancelled.  I'm going to try to make an appointment somewhere else.  Worse case scenerio is we get on the plane and try to find a place in FLL and keep our fingers crossed..

You can order the proctored test kits thru optum or emed online and they arrive in 2 days for most.  Takes a lot of the stress of hoping your appt. Doesnt get cancelled.  

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Kids don't own coats down here.

We had it happen in either Alabama or Atlanta

but they wear toques when it hits 40F. 🤷‍♂️

7 hours ago, HBE4 said:

Was it case of him not wanting to be seen with a parent dropping him off? 

Ope, he just walks down our laneway in the country. The good thing is there was little wind chill this morning. 

4 hours ago, LucasLikesToCruise said:

Peas are like round green raisins @A&L_Ont 🤢

I hear you. They both are small and shrivelled up too. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Dinner tonight…

Caesar Salad with homemade bacon bits. 

873A9760-3CC5-4E91-8293-2B6C859E60EE.thumb.jpeg.56a09affd9c4c26034176338327344d5.jpeg

Roast Beef. Carrots cooked with butter and brown sugar. 

CB562C2B-44B1-4AEC-A117-4BB0E51A6178.thumb.jpeg.0680cc5a8171bf6afd5a63fe18d67d81.jpeg

Sex-in-a-pan for dessert. 

260D5EE9-19A5-4C8C-9165-3B4B988EBAC1.thumb.jpeg.ed9a502453defa0d3b2e5daa78d0b56b.jpeg

Not sure why it’s upside down but worth posting. 

C0407C5F-596E-48D7-8B60-0F442E6852C3.thumb.jpeg.54b1f7227d732923a98d8d746096f020.jpeg

• Like 19

2 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Apple is pretty particular with what gets connected.  They do have an SD card reader that can import photos from an SD card to an iPhone or iPad.  The problem would be getting the photos from the Samsung to an SD card.

I have one of the adapters that I use to import photos from my GoPro or my Nikon.   This adapter does not work with the new iPad Pro or the new iPad Air, because they changed from the lightning connector to a usb-c connector.  Now I have to import to my iPhone 12 Pro, which has the lightning connector, then airdrop or email to get them to my new iPad Air. 

Most of the methods I see to transfer from Samsung to iPad involve transferring to a computer from the Samsung and then from the computer to the iPad. 

Maybe someone here has a good way to do it.

So since the Samsung S20 has an SD expansion slot, if that is where @ReneeFLL stores her photos it should be very easy to transfer them. I put all my photos on the SD card in order to leave the phone's internal storage available for apps.

• Like 1

Here are a few food pictures.

Mexican night several nights ago.

20220119_184536.thumb.jpg.f65c4b0a352fd6b32ca3ac1aedda09f6.jpg

20220119_190525.thumb.jpg.fb70272cfc9c5f8d116529fc803f7f63.jpg

Lobster last night. I guess I'm not as special as John. Instead of automatically bringing out 2 lobsters they asked if I wanted 1 or 2. We can all see what the answer was to that. 😁

20220120_210654.thumb.jpg.e71051748d2d3b3d7e4bb96f1db0488b.jpg

Mike had surf and turf.

20220120_210705.thumb.jpg.cdbe11b04b17b5bd1e742a99ff501c13.jpg

Royal Chocolate Cake is one of my favorites.

20220120_212407.thumb.jpg.bfe05c9b30c2e72a6b9974cc229a143e.jpg

Mike had Chocolate Molten cake.

20220120_212415.thumb.jpg.7789d085ac9869201f1ed54e5cc326a5.jpg

From the WJ. Mushroom soup and salad. I took one look at the soup and decided to pass until I saw the name. Someone on here said it was really good so I decided to try it. Doesn't look to good, but it was very tasty. Definitely will be having it again. I found poblano soup tonight which was also very good. 

20220121_143116.thumb.jpg.3859e4cd41fab5adf22699837431cc88.jpg

Several chocolate sculptures.

20220121_144928.thumb.jpg.b1a8ce22b01241b6d4916ab5c354f97d.jpg

20220121_145143.thumb.jpg.0ae92fb2196f9e1c23f4cc8ef614aa49.jpg

20220119_190446.jpg

• Like 19

The Brilliance and the Allue next to each other. It looks like a few more feet and they would have touched. This was in Roatan.

20220120_123408_03.thumb.jpg.25c98f04731fe1aeda1691f5aeac4fe1.jpg

20220120_123745.thumb.jpg.a3632da7dbe93cdb52d6b975313708de.jpg

Brilliance leaving. It almost looks like we are going to hit her but we were still tied up.

20220120_165203.thumb.jpg.662886094224191a55b856b2a06cf58b.jpg

• Like 13

4 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

The Brilliance and the Allue next to each other. It looks like a few more feet and they would have touched. This was in Roatan.

20220120_123408_03.thumb.jpg.25c98f04731fe1aeda1691f5aeac4fe1.jpg

20220120_123745.thumb.jpg.a3632da7dbe93cdb52d6b975313708de.jpg

Brilliance leaving. It almost looks like we are going to hit her but we were still tied up.

20220120_165203.thumb.jpg.662886094224191a55b856b2a06cf58b.jpg

Did they do a horn battle?

• Like 1