Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

6 hours ago, sgmn said:

So lucky to of seen him Graham. 

My two big regrets were not seeing David Bowie or Queen when Freddie was alive. I've since seen Queen with Adam Lambert which was amazing 

There will never be another Freddie Mercury.As good as Adam Lambert is he is not close to what Freddie was.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, HBE4 said:

"After Life"  is on my watch list.

Just finished watching 'Archive 81', pretty good if you like weird mysterious creepy horror shows. Couple of interesting twists. Without giving anything away, there are a few disturbing themes so it's not for the faint of heart. 

I am on episode 3 of Archive 81.It reminds me a bit of Rosemary’s Baby.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LucasLikesToCruise said:

I’ve looked at “Archive 81”, it’s on my list after part one of season 4 of “Ozark”

Ozark Trivia.The actress who plays Ruth and the actor who plays the head of the cartel both grew up in NYC.

The actor who plays the nephew of the head of the cartel and the actress who will play the sister of the head of the cartel were both on Queen Of The South and both had the same character names (first name).

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

SAG AWARDS MOVIE VIEWING 3, TIK, TIK, BOOM!

657484468_TIKTIK..._BOOM.thumb.jpeg.e7308adacbed962f584aab212fb856cb.jpeg

Third night judging the SAG Awards nominee's. This one for "Leading Actor" Andrew Garfield in Tik, Tik, Boom!

In case you don't know what the movie is about, it's a biopic 

based on the autobiographical musical by playwright Jonathan Larson. It's the story of an aspiring composer in New York City who is worried he made the wrong career choice, whilst navigating the pressures of love and friendship.

Directed by Lin-Manual Miranda (Hamilton) in his directorial debut, Miranda excels. Oh boy does he everything incredible and he does an impressive job in this movie. I loved this movie. The music alone is worth the viewing as Andrew Garfield actually sings not lip syncing and has an amazing voice.

For those who are not familiar with Jonathan Larson he was the creator and composer of "Rent" but this movie is the story of him before that and his struggles of trying to make it in New York . He works at a diner to try and keep the lights on in his apartment while trying to have a relationship with an up and coming dancer.

His story is really amazing and while they movie only has titles at the end to explain that Jonathan died suddenly before he got to see Rent debut, seeing his work that led up to that is so interesting. Larson was posthumously awarded after his death, a Pulitzer, Tony and other awards for his work. What a gifted composer who was taken from us too quickly.

I highly recommend seeing this movie if you love musicals or broadway theater. It is highly entertaining and well crafted by Lin-Manual Miranda. So far Andrew Garfield has my vote for best actor he was really incredible in this movie.

Andrew Garfield should win the Oscar for his great performance in this film.I recommend the film to everyone too.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

@lenquixote66    HAPPY 55th ANNIVERSAY TO YOU AND TOBY.     

Wishes for many more happy anniversaries together😍

Are you going out to dinner or have any special plans for the weekend?

Thanks,Debbie.No plans yet unless our daughters plan to surprise us.

We have been getting calls and texts this morning from friends and relatives.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

Ozark Trivia.The actress who plays Ruth and the actor who plays the head of the cartel both grew up in NYC.

The actor who plays the nephew of the head of the cartel and the actress who will play the sister of the head of the cartel were both on Queen Of The South and both had the same character names (first name).

Ozark, sounds like a great show!  😂 

Happy Anniversary!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

It WAS delicious. Well worth the mess DH is doing when cooking.... 😁

Apart from DH [who doesn't eat meat], all our family are die hard carnivores....

Since it was both his b'day and our anniversary, we "compromised" 💕

The Paella looks delish.

Hope you had a wonderful anniversary.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It's booster dose day for all of us. Vikki znd kids signed up before me so they went to one clinic and I went to another that just opened that had appointments.

Now sitting and waiting my 15 minutes.  Over 30 are now only getting Moderna regardless of other doses.  I kind of like that.  My first 3 were Pfizer and studies are now showing Moderna offers a bit better protection.  The guy ahead of me walked out.

Also got a full dose as opposed to the half dose booster because of the medication I'm on.  Hopefully no major side effects, didn't really have any other than a slightly sore arm 

• Like 15

3 hours ago, HBE4 said:

"After Life"  is on my watch list.

Just finished watching 'Archive 81', pretty good if you like weird mysterious creepy horror shows. Couple of interesting twists. Without giving anything away, there are a few disturbing themes so it's not for the faint of heart. 

Defo do not like weird or horror, too much of a wuss 😀

After life is more of black (very black) comedy. Its also i think about redemption. I think the writing is fantastic, the music is good too. But certainly the first series is hard going in bits and lots of swearing 🤬 

It's about a man who's love of his life dies from cancer and how he struggles to go on. Written, starring and produced by Ricky Gervais 

Edited by sgmn
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

This recipe should work for you. Sex in a Pan is the name. 

https://www.jocooks.com/recipes/sex-in-a-pan/

I missed the name on the original post.  Reminds me… years ago we went to a valentine’s dinner at church where the guys had a dessert contest.  While at work the day before a bookkeeper dropped  off a suggestion recipe at my desk.  Sound good, made it and took first place!  Someone asked what it was and I said not sure, the person that gave me the recipe called it Better Than ? Cake.  He laughed.  Another asked and laughed.  So I asked and they told me the name……Better than Sex Cake.  I had never heard of it.  I need to make it again.  😂 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

It's booster dose day for all of us. Vikki znd kids signed up before me so they went to one clinic and I went to another that just opened that had appointments.

Now sitting and waiting my 15 minutes.  Over 30 are now only getting Moderna regardless of other doses.  I kind of like that.  My first 3 were Pfizer and studies are now showing Moderna offers a bit better protection.  The guy ahead of me walked out.

Also got a full dose as opposed to the half dose booster because of the medication I'm on.  Hopefully no major side effects, didn't really have any other than a slightly sore arm 

I did not realize that Canada was already giving out 4th doses.     

We have had 2 pfizer and 1 booster so far.     Eric was told to get his 4th dose in March since he is immuno compromised with taking anti rejection meds.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

Andrew Garfield should win the Oscar for his great performance in this film.I recommend the film to everyone too.

Agree. His performance was amazing.

33 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Ozark, sounds like a great show!  😂 

Happy Anniversary!

I like the series but it annoys me when they show the lake shots and it's not the Lake of the Ozark's or Table Rock it's at Lake Allatoona, about 30 miles from state capital Atlanta, and Lake Lanier, which has been used as the location of the Byrde family home.

2 minutes ago, cruisingpeople said:

Happy Anniversary Toby & Lenny

Happy Anniversary Dani and Happy Birthday to your DH

+1

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I did not realize that Canada was already giving out 4th doses.     

We have had 2 pfizer and 1 booster so far.     Eric was told to get his 4th dose in March since he is immuno compromised with taking anti rejection meds.  

Vikki and the kids are getting booster (third)

Fourth doses (me) are open to select groups of people, immunocompromised being one of the groups which I fall into.

• Like 4

Woo hoo, we got measurable snow!  Five inches of the stuff causes a lot of excitement around here.  I must confess I enjoyed going outside and doing a little shoveling.  But Andy did the heavy lifting with his snow blower. This is only the second time he's used it in five years.

20220122_072211.thumb.jpg.8f2a72b56d4379f44efb29abb50eb078.jpg

20220122_101809.thumb.jpg.0e062ab078c825f8eceaa9603b5b84b2.jpg

• Like 12