Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

18 hours ago, Luckynana said:

God Willing, Debbie.  We go for our tests tomorrow morning.🙏🤞  

Jim told our grandson we studied all last night for it..lol!

The ship leaves Friday from Ft. Lauderdale.

What is the date for your cruise?

Have a wonderful cruise,Maryann and Jim.Maybe you will meet people from SI and or NJ 😀

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

Almost time for the SAG awards,Greg.My friend the Director did not like The Power of The Dog.

He has not told me yet who he believes will win the major awards at the upcoming shows,SAG,BAFTA and Oscars.

Yes I need to do my voting by Friday for the awards on Sunday. I did not care for Power of the Dog though I liked the surprise ending. A little too dark for me. I really liked Coda and Don’t Look up.

9 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Wishing you a wonderful cruise Maryann.

Graham.

Screenshot_20211221_223815.jpg

Thank you so much for your wonderful wishes, Graham!  I love it!!🤩

6 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Joining Graham (because nobody "does" it better than him in finding the "right" imoges 🥰) and all the others in wishing you and Jim a wonderful cruise 🥰

Thank you, Dani!  I sure hope I can join Jim on this cruise, lol;  his test has come back negative....we're still waiting for my results.  He got his well over an hour ago.  This waiting game is somewhat stressful!🌹

6 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Today is my son’s RFA procedure, then they will have him in a back brace for a week.  We are all hoping it gets rid of some of his pain.  He will have to go back for a second one, because they are only doing one half at a time.

Wishing the best outcome today with your son's RFA procedure.  It sounds like it will work out well, as some of our friends on here have done well with this procedure.

Happy Birthday wishes to your daughter-in-law today.

Stay warm, Mark!

3 hours ago, helen haywood said:

I’m quietly typing this with the sound off so the cats don’t find out we’re leaving tomorrow (negative tests willing) to sail Saturday on Celebrity Reflection.  I miss the good old days when I could enjoy my happy state of anticipation for a cruise…. I packed yesterday but can’t start looking forward to it until after taking the test tomorrow morning.

Happy sailing for you on the Reflection!  Our ships just might be meeting each other sometime in the next few days!

2 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

I’m walking with just a cane and I can even walk without one. Amazing that I can put full weight on my knee and not feel any pain at all.

if I do this well after two weeks I’m looking forward to seeing where I will be at 4 weeks. I’m still dealing with stiffness and soreness and I’m continuing to take pain meds. I hope to be off them in the next or so.

That is great to hear how well you are doing, Greg.  Pretty awesome, actually!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Yes I need to do my voting by Friday for the awards on Sunday. I did not care for Power of the Dog though I liked the surprise ending. A little too dark for me. I really liked Coda and Don’t Look up.

I liked Don’t Look Up but I cannot see it winning.I was surprised that Lost Daughter got an Oscar nomination for Best Screenplay but not for Best Picture even though I did not think it was that good.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

I liked Don’t Look Up but I cannot see it winning.I was surprised that Lost Daughter got an Oscar nomination for Best Screenplay but not for Best Picture even though I did not think it was that good.

I agree I don’t think it will win either. I am not sure who I will vote for best ensemble cast. There is no real standout. I really liked house of Gucci which was not nominated for an Academy Award. Jared Leto in that movie was amazing.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, singinalot said:

Thought I’d share a glimpse at my spreadsheet 🙂 As you can see at the bottom, I have different tabs for each individual person.

29BC8447-16ED-435B-83A1-7EEFA2A94024.png

My wife's parents could have used a schedule like this............ My in-laws decided they needed to go to Applebee's before our wedding and then got lost going to the church.

Arrived about hour and 15 minutes late...........I still hear the minister telling the guests, the brides parents have been found, just trying to give them the right directions to get here.........Hang in there everyone Jim and Donna ARE going to get married today at  sometime.

Needless to say they had a hard time understanding jug handles in NJ. lol     no left turns.

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Your actions and words are what is so powerful in Dani’s thread. I hope one day to repay you all in some way. You are the best friends anyone could have.

Well Greg, how about saving a dance for me on our Bella Cruise next year??

35 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

I kind of feel like I’ll be tempting fate if I start getting excited about our Harmony cruise. I’m nervous about the darned antigen test. 

I hear you, loud and clear, Mimi!  I'm still waiting for my results.  Jim is negative...yay!  Still waiting on my results.  It's been 4 and a half hours..I hate this waiting game!☹️

• Like 3

On 2/20/2022 at 10:29 AM, Jimbo said:

Go for it, search it on you tube.   Never seen anything like it. 🙂  It's from the State of Florida.

I did and it looks painful. Who in the world thinks up this things? I really don’t think anyone would actually wear this anywhere so just why?

On 2/20/2022 at 10:36 AM, A&L_Ont said:

This morning Owen woke with a temperature and feeling off. Shortly thereafter we had this result below, with some rapid home tests.  

Sorry to hear about Owen. 

On 2/20/2022 at 3:31 PM, mo&fran said:

We also visited the Next Cruise desk, and we are now signed up for enough days to reach Pinnacle next February. 

Congrats. 🥂 🍾

On 2/20/2022 at 11:25 AM, Husky1987 said:

…As an aside, I'd say Jahlil Okafor has slightly larger hands than I do.

1541225217_Cameron020722.jpg.131f15028c65b3823bc6eda98565e16f.jpg

That Thursday, decided to test and was positive.  Very mild (I've had allergies 10x worse).  Tested again Sunday to make sure it wasn't false and positive again.  My wife had a bug a few days following me and actually felt worse than I did....and she tested negative twice.  She was so mad..."What a waste, if I'm gonna be sick, I want to get it over with."

In the meantime, this is Stevie's "why won't you play with me??" pose...

1310426257_Stevie022022.jpg.28ea45515f12b45b6a7e2d52522037a0.jpg

Yikes that is a big hand. Guess he has big feet also. 😆 Glad to hear your symptoms are very mild. 
Stevie is very sweet looking and what a great pillow.

On 2/21/2022 at 1:49 PM, DaniDanielle said:

Back from the cancer doctor. Things are not too bad.  She wants him to go for a pet scan to see if the lesions are actually new ones.  If so, she will just change his medicine around.  I asked her if he would be around for quite awhile and she said definitely.😁so, thank you all for your good wishes and support.

That’s great news.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

It’s amazing how once you take politics and religion out of the conversation and have an emphasis on goodwill and compassion towards others how wonder people can be.

Even when people will debate those two topics with such a passion that they will each earn a 2 week timeout to play monopoly, I always take the approach that if they were to meet in real life, on a cruise, they would be civil and respectful to each other. Maye even enjoy each others company as we all have a shared interest in cruising.

Having said that, I'm glad everyone here agrees to observe the "truce" and leave certain subjects to the main boards.  It is a special group of friends.

I almost feel like we're in a Hallmark card commercial.😇😉

Edited by HBE4
  • Like 15
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

I hear you, loud and clear, Mimi!  I'm still waiting for my results.  Jim is negative...yay!  Still waiting on my results.  It's been 4 and a half hours..I hate this waiting game!☹️

It definitely takes a lot of the fun out of the experience.  Our last test we got results back an hour apart even though we took test at the same time, makes you think the worst, fortunately ours were both negative.

We sail Saturday on Odyssey, booked last minute after our great trip earlier this month and all the wonderful reviews here on CC lately, got a great price.  We used two of our free home tests yesterday to pre test, official tests tomorrow.  I know things can change hourly but did make it a bit less stressful.  Still holding off on a lot until we get our official results tomorrow.

Keep thinking it would be nice to not have to test, then remember if we don't others don't either, kinda like that little safety buffer with all being tested.  Hopefully it all won't be necessary too much longer. 

Edited by akcruz
  • Like 7

42 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

It is sleeting very strong right now and the ice is piling up quickly.  I am glad Sharon made it home before it got real bad and I am glad we drove back from Alabama yesterday.  This is the first time I remember it sleeting this strong like this with a lot of thunder. Some places look like accumulating snow but it’s ice.

It's 64 degrees where right now but in about 36 hours, I will be enjoying the weather you are currently having.  Not quite sure if it's going to be just a wintry mix of sleet & ice or 5-8 inches of snow.

Fingers crossed I get to play with the snowblower one more time! ✌️🌨️❄️

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

My wife's parents could have used a schedule like this............ My in-laws decided they needed to go to Applebee's before our wedding and then got lost going to the church.

Arrived about hour and 15 minutes late...........I still hear the minister telling the guests, the brides parents have been found, just trying to give them the right directions to get here.........Hang in there everyone Jim and Donna ARE going to get married today at  sometime.

Needless to say they had a hard time understanding jug handles in NJ. lol     no left turns.

I might add it was unseasonable hot in NJ  for a June 17th wedding.  My wife was melting in her wedding dress.

It was 85 degrees and the church didn't turn on their Air Conditioner until the morning of the wedding and it didn't cool for crap !!

She still talks about !

13445383_10209452881788543_3928219895554611260_n.jpg

• Like 12

55 minutes ago, singinalot said:

Thought I’d share a glimpse at my spreadsheet 🙂 As you can see at the bottom, I have different tabs for each individual person.

Can I hire you to be my life coach? Or just run my life for me? 😄😇

Side note: I don't see anywhere on that schedule where you post pics on CC. You might want to block off a 15 minute window somewhere in there.

Side note 2:  Thoroughly enjoying reading both your Mexico & Allure reviews simultaneously.🙂

Edited by HBE4
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

37 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Needless to say they had a hard time understanding jug handles in NJ. lol 

Having to make a right to go left confuses many people to this day, no matter how many times they do it.

I think it's brilliant. Better than trying to make an actual left turn across 3 lanes of bumper-to-bumper traffic.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Jim is negative...yay!  Still waiting on my results.  It's been 4 and a half hours.. I hate this waiting game!

Maryann, no worries, you'll be "negative" 🥰 and yes, the waiting is annoying, to say the least. Moreover, since you've done it at the same time with Jim.

Happened to me twice -- when we landed in Dubai, I was the first to be tested, and then hubby. He got the results after 3 hours, and poor me -- after 15...

When we landed back in Israel -- same thing. He got his in a matter of hours, and I??? Still waiting.... after one day of constantly checking the website and getting the "passenger not found", I wrote them an email.... Their reply: "test was not performed".... What?? The "performer" was the most aggressive out of the 4 tests I've done !!! I replied that if the test was not performed, I'd like, pretty please, my 25$ back.... Got the money yesterday 🤪.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, HBE4 said:

It's 64 degrees where right now but in about 36 hours, I will be enjoying the weather you are currently having.  Not quite sure if it's going to be just a wintry mix of sleet & ice or 5-8 inches of snow.

Fingers crossed I get to play with the snowblower one more time! ✌️🌨️❄️

I often see the jet stream dip down to us in Northern Arkansas then drift back up and head NE.  Like a U shape.  Usually a 5 to 10 degree difference between here and you.  I would much rather have a few inches of snow than 1/2 inch of ice.  We are forecast to be back to 60°s by next Tuesday and not go back below 50° until next winter.  Hopefully I can get back to prepping the garden soon. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, akcruz said:

It definitely takes a lot of the fun out of the experience.  Our last test we got results back an hour apart even though we took test at the same time, makes you think the worst, fortunately ours were both negative.

We sail Saturday on Odyssey, booked last minute after our great trip earlier this month and all the wonderful reviews here on CC lately, got a great price.  We used two of our free home tests yesterday to pre test, official tests tomorrow.  I know things can change hourly but did make it a bit less stressful.  Still holding off on a lot until we get our official results tomorrow. 

Have a great cruise on Odyssey, April and Jim.  I am also holding off pacing until I get my negative results.  Everything is ironed, etc.  I just can't bring myself to pack it yet.  I feel so spent right now!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, singinalot said:

You are really organized! It sure helps for everyone to know where they’re supposed to be and what they’re supposed to be doing!

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Beautiful bride with a gorgeous dress. And you, Jim, look very dapper 🌺

Yes, Jim, your wife's dress is beautiful!  You don't look too bad yourself!!😁

38 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Maryann, no worries, you'll be "negative" 🥰 and yes, the waiting is annoying, to say the least. Moreover, since you've done it at the same time with Jim.

Happened to me twice -- when we landed in Dubai, I was the first to be tested, and then hubby. He got the results after 3 hours, and poor me -- after 15...

When we landed back in Israel -- same thing. He got his in a matter of hours, and I??? Still waiting.... after one day of constantly checking the website and getting the "passenger not found", I wrote them an email.... Their reply: "test was not performed".... What?? The "performer" was the most aggressive out of the 4 tests I've done !!! I replied that if the test was not performed, I'd like, pretty please, my 25$ back.... Got the money yesterday 🤪.

Oh my nerves, Dani!  I can't imagine how stressful it had to be for you, waiting for 15 hours the first time, and then hearing that the test was not performed on your return.  It's a good thing you got your money back on that one!!

Our granddaughter never received her report back just before Christmas.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1