Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

3 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

They said Charlie has some kind of infection but they don’t seem clear on what it is.  You would think with all the tests, MRI, cat scans and X-rays they would know.  He finally is in a room but I can’t go until 1:00.  Now the antibiotics are messing with him.  Hopefully, I will get to talk to someone in the know🤞
I wish I could just be participating in the oven talks than dealing with this.

Marietta I will be thinking positive thoughts for Charlie’s infection. I hope once they straighten out which antibiotics will be best for him he will improve greatly. Thanks for keeping us updated. Give our best to him. We are thinking of him. And this Charlie has him in his thoughts as well.2A208C2D-4885-4753-95F3-07CD803ADDE1.thumb.jpeg.a158773e4075b230c2cf1db6418003e8.jpeg

• Like 21
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, HBE4 said:

Agreed. 

Also, what happened to Speed Bumps? Usually the last team to arrive on a non-elimination leg always had to perform an extra task. 

And I just realized no U-Turns either. 

There have always been changes.I believe that in the first few seasons teams could not get help from people living or working in the towns they were in.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, derorim said:

I have a setup similar to this picture. I do a lot of meal prep standing to the right of the sink, and suggest you move one of the stacks of drawers to that side and slide the dishwasher and sink down in order to give yourself more workspace.

Yes, not sure that picture looks exactly right, the dishwasher will take up 2 ft and farmhouse copper sink 3ft. of the 10 ft island.............So I think dishwasher and sink will be further down to the left on the island.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Lionesss said:

This is the first season that I took the time to watch the Amazing Race.

I do not know if I got interested in it after the COVID Interruption or what.

I was happy for the winners and glad it was them.

Now waiting to start watching Survivor when the season starts.

Stay healthy

6 days till Survivor begins.The next season of Amazing Race is already filmed and should be back soon.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Just caught up on the thread.  A few days away makes for a lot of reading. 

Dani, I hope Charlie is doing as well as possible.

Jimbo, that shrimp dinner looked delicious.  Can't help you with the kitchen redesign, but it will look great when done.

Greg, you knee looks to be coming along great. 

Lenny, and I hope that you find some relief and that Tobys is feeling better since the accident. 

Crystal, fingers are crossed for an amazing week to come. 

Toby is okay but has some pains due to the injections she got last week.

I was at the Neurologist this morning and he prescribed a heavy duty medication that I will start tomorrow.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I noticed that Speed Bumps were nothing more than a time delay and until you mentioned it I forgot all about the U-Turns.  It was a good finish.  I liked the outcome but would not of been disappointed to see either of the other two win.

I would have been happier if the team that came in third won but I am okay with the outcome.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

They said Charlie has some kind of infection but they don’t seem clear on what it is.  You would think with all the tests, MRI, cat scans and X-rays they would know.  He finally is in a room but I can’t go until 1:00.  Now the antibiotics are messing with him.  Hopefully, I will get to talk to someone in the know🤞

I can understand your feeling.I hope everything he is dealing with gets resolved soon,Marietta.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I like Survivor and looking forward to it.  I have been enjoying the new twists they have been adding the last couple of years.  The first 32 seasons they would move around and film in different locations but this will be the 10th straight season filmed in Fiji. 

I enjoy Amazing Race and Survivor but not Big Brother not so much.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HBE4 said:

Agreed.  I've been watching the Holderness family (Kim and Penn) YouTube videos for years so they've been my favorite since the start. I never thought they would make it past the first few legs. lol

But I would have been happy with any of the top 3 (top 4 actually) winning it all.

I too have been watching the Holderness family videos but not for years.

2 hours ago, HBE4 said:

Well, it didn't take long for Kim & Penn to drop this little tune. The first of several coming for our listening and viewing pleasure. Or annoyance, depending on your tastes. lol

They knew months ago that they won it was only us who found out last night.

1 hour ago, derorim said:

I have a setup similar to this picture. I do a lot of meal prep standing to the right of the sink, and suggest you move one of the stacks of drawers to that side and slide the dishwasher and sink down in order to give yourself more workspace.

Yes, I agree with you and if they plan on coming from the home grocery store and dumping bags on that side of the counter top to put in fridge, etc. it would be better to have more work space to the right of the sink.   

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

Did you have to take Charlie's anti rejection meds to the hospital?    The last 2 times Eric was in the our local hospital they told me to bring his prescription of his tacrolimus as they didn't carry that in hospital pharmacy.

17 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

The same except his stomach is reacting to the antibiotics.  We have been waiting for somebody to do something!!!!

The waiting is the worse.  Is he allowed to eat anything?  Can you give him some magic Lorna Doones to calm his stomach?

5 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I like Survivor and looking forward to it.  I have been enjoying the new twists they have been adding the last couple of years.  The first 32 seasons they would move around and film in different locations but this will be the 10th straight season filmed in Fiji. 

I kind of wish they would be using normal  people this season instead of celebrities. I guess they’re former celebrities. 

I loved the different locations…Africa (Kenya?) was a one and done but it was great. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

@Jimbo

Back to our regular scheduled program -- Jimbo's [double]ovens 😁.

I think that JC ( @xpcdoojk), Bob ( @bobmacliberty) and others have raised very valid points.

Me, every the practical, I'll ask myself -- how many times I'm using the [one] oven, and how many times the microwave, on a daily base.

I'll leave the "selling point" consideration of the added value of a house with double ovens.

You are investing more NOW for those, and you've got absolutely no guarantee, that, when the time comes and you'll want to sell the house, the future buyers will NEED a double oven. Might be a DINK couple, traveling the world during the week and eating out on week ends..., for example.

Okay I think I have swayed my wife on the double ovens and now leaning toward what Bob & Jc suggested.  Looks like GE Profile also makes a refrigerator that interested my wife, it has a Keurig coffee maker in the door which sounds nice and would keep a coffee maker off the counter.

Here are the appliances we are leaning at now.

https://www.geappliances.com/appliance/GE-Profile-30-in-Combination-Double-Wall-Oven-with-Convection-and-Advantium-Technology-PT9800SHSS

https://www.geappliances.com/appliance/GE-Profile-Series-ENERGY-STAR-27-7-Cu-Ft-Smart-Fingerprint-Resistant-French-Door-Refrigerator-with-Keurig-K-Cup-Brewing-System-PFE28PYNFS

https://www.geappliances.com/appliance/GE-Profile-UltraFresh-System-Dishwasher-with-Stainless-Steel-Interior-PDP755SYRFS

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 2

39 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

I kind of wish they would be using normal  people this season instead of celebrities. I guess they’re former celebrities. 

I loved the different locations…Africa (Kenya?) was a one and done but it was great. 

They are not celebrities,Mimi,just regular people. I read their bios and have 10 that I could root for but will weed them out once the show begins.

• Like 1

We only made it half-way through the Amazing Race finale last night, so we have not yet seen who won.  I tried to quickly scroll past the posts talking about the winners so that I wouldn't see who won, but I think I might know.  Will find out tonight.

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

Looks like GE Profile also makes a refrigerator that interested my wife, it has a Keurig coffee maker in the door which sounds nice and would keep a coffee maker off the counter.

I've never seen a fridge with a Keurig built in.  Cool idea.  And I'm guessing that you don't need to fill a water tank periodically since the water would come directly from the fridge filtered water.  Very convenient.

• Like 4