Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

11 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Beautiful sunny day, but will only have a high of 58, just north of Kitty Hawk, NC. 

@Jimbo  I will be waving from my balcony as we are approach VA.  

We took our covid tests at 8 am this morning in the Chic Dining room.     They use this dining room for testing of passengers and crew only but may have to move to another location starting April 3rd due to higher capacities.

@Momof3gurlz Hi Deb,    I checked with Loyalty Ambassador your April 3rd sailing is expected to have right around 3900 passengers.      We have 3281 this week and expect to have just under 3500 for 3/27 sailing.    He said most ships will be sailing at or near 100% capacity in April.    

Thanks Debbie.  Did you happen to notice if the Solarium Bistro has been open for dinner at all?  

2 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

My youngest lives about 5 minutes away, the middle about 15 minutes away and oldest about 2 hours away.  We have a text message group we call the fab 5 where we share pics and videos each day.

We have another we call Family Funny Quotes.  Here is an example of what is posted……

Mom: Corrie, you can have a grilled cheese or PBJ for lunch…
Corrie: BORINGGGG

We have a family group text with the 5 of us too. Ours is named “Ohana” on all our phones.  

1 hour ago, Arzeena said:

Driving to Fort Lauderdale tomorrow to board the Silhouette on Monday.

Will try and log in from the ship to read posts on this thread. We have upgraded to the stream package, but the internet is still reallllllllllllllllllllly slow. Sometimes it is on "read but not "like" or post" mode. So we shall see. But all of you will be in my thoughts.

Have a great cruise!

2 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Millie is adorable and looks like a well behaved girl.    Beautiful Daughter too🥰    

I like your Daughters blue chairs and bureau TV is on.    Did she paint herself?    Nice color!

Thanks!  They found the chairs at a flea market and her DH stripped them and repainted.  The dresser was Caden’s.  When he was born his grandmother painted it with chalk paint and gave it to him.  When Caden’s parents got new bedroom furniture the old furniture went to the kids.  I like the color too.

Millie is a standard poodle and they are doing great with her.  Great dog.

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Keksie said:

Gatlinburg plans are coming along.  We have reservations for the DP Stampede for my birthday dinner.  We have plans and addresses for restaurants.  We have two different drives planned and to that point does anyone know if there is a place to get yummy picnic lunches to go on our drives?  We will have a yeti so things will stay cold.  

We stop off at the deli section at grocery stores. So much available and you are in control of how much you get. We might get  meat and cheese, sometimes potato salad or slaw; chicken, tuna or egg salad for sandwiches. So many different kinds of rolls available.  Sometimes we might get cold fried chicken. 

Then we go to the produce area and get a small tomato for our sandwiches and some fruit if we didn't get some at the hotel breakfast bar). If there's a salad bar, grab a few olives or pickles. I prefer making my own picmic lunch instead of someone else deciding what I might want.

The deli should have small packets of condiments, napkins, plastic flatware (we wash and reuse) anything else you might need.

I also take along some placemats from Dollar Tree. Easy to sanitize.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

So that would be a S2S3B2S???  Whatever you call it, looks like a lot of fun.

I guess I would call it a S2S/B3B/S2S if I had to put an acronym label on it.  

But the actual label is fun (like you said) plus bliss.  I was born to cruise the Caribbean... just need to find a sugar daddy (or sugar momma, I'm not picky) to make it happen more often!

• Like 4

16 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

@Momof3gurlz Hi Deb,    I checked with Loyalty Ambassador your April 3rd sailing is expected to have right around 3900 passengers.      We have 3281 this week and expect to have just under 3500 for 3/27 sailing.    He said most ships will be sailing at or near 100% capacity in April.    

The first week of April is the official spring break week for most of the school districts in Michigan, Indiana, and Ohio. (Has been since at least the 1970s for Michigan.)

Brace yourself for a LOT of pasty-white snowflake bodies and tons and tons of school-aged children that week!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, Arzeena said:

Driving to Fort Lauderdale tomorrow to board the Silhouette on Monday.

Will try and log in from the ship to read posts on this thread. We have upgraded to the stream package, but the internet is still reallllllllllllllllllllly slow. Sometimes it is on "read but not "like" or post" mode. So we shall see. But all of you will be in my thoughts.

Wishing you an amazing cruise Arzeena.

Graham.

Screenshot_20211221_223815.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Good morning.

Happy Mother's day 🏵️ to all the mother's on here.

It was a little frosty first thing but is 41°F now with a high of 60°F later.

Our clocks went forward an hour this morning so looking forward to a lighter night tonight.

Take care and stay safe everyone.

Graham.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, grapau27 said:

Happy Mother's day 🏵️ to all the mother's on here.

Our clocks went forward an hour this morning so looking forward to a lighter night tonight.

Graham.

That doesn't seem quite fair to all of the wonderful Mothers who were looking forward to a sleep in on their day? :classic_tongue::classic_biggrin:

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, brillohead said:

The first week of April is the official spring break week for most of the school districts in Michigan, Indiana, and Ohio. (Has been since at least the 1970s for Michigan.)

Brace yourself for a LOT of pasty-white snowflake bodies and tons and tons of school-aged children that week!

Ugh. 

On 3/25/2022 at 5:54 AM, dani negreanu said:

Yesterday I've tried again, seeing there were only 5 comments before me, and, surprise -- she replied that "yes, and thank you for sailing with me"...

How kind and nice of her! Then she proceeded to ask where I'm from, told me she visited Israel many years ago and is roaring to visit again, being a Christian is very important to her...

She gave me her cell number for the sailing.... and asked for mine. I gave her, of course.

Oh Dani, how exciting!  I am so happy for you!🌹

On 3/25/2022 at 9:47 AM, Ozark_Kid said:

What I liked when our time changed this month is that my alarm clock in the bedroom shows the right time again!  It will be good for 6 months.  Maybe longer if I adjust it this fall. 😂 

I love that the time on our SUV changes automatically with the time changes.

On 3/25/2022 at 12:12 PM, lenquixote66 said:

My short term memory is lousy .My long term is great.

I am in constant pain.

Lenny, I sure hope the doctor has some helpful answers to your health questions,

Short term memory...hmmm...last night while talking to friends, I had to ask.,what was I just talking about??

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Mothers day  here is May 14.

Something interesting though.

About 20 years ago our first TA said the best and cheapest week to travel is the week of Mothers Day.

Why?

Because many families will not leave their mothers on this day and be away, and few Mothers would travel with one family member and leave the others behind.

Our Upcoming May 14th. sailing on the Allure, well is showing few cabins remaining.

Now it could be one of two things.

1.   Yes, that sailing the cabins are really low in price.

or

2.  RCI is holding back cabins post COVID.

Any way, we did sail over Mothers Day a few years back and the ship was not full.

Cannot wait to cruise as I look out the window at the blowing snow.

Be safe,

Stay warm

• Like 7

12 hours ago, Jimbo said:

I thought I was the worlds most boring FlowRider, that guy has me whupped.  I have surfed at sunset many times, just didn’t have a crew member filming me from above.  That part was cool.

• Like 1